Jaguars vs. Steelers Divisional Playoff GDT

JLambert58

9 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

I do find it funny how much Jacksonville defensive players are the ones talking on that side when they gave up 42 points.

The offense doesn’t know what to think. They scored 45, but i agree giving up 42 to even a great offense is not exactly something to be proud of but a win is a win. First trip to the AFC championship game since Jalen was like 5

14 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

I do find it funny how much Jacksonville defensive players are the ones talking on that side when they gave up 42 points.

I mean, they also got their team 7 points, which was obviously a big difference in the game.    And if you count the INT that led to a TD, thats another 7.     Then the 4th and 1 stops (although our terrible playcalling could be blamed for that as well).   They gave up alot of points and yards, but made enough plays.   Our defense didnt make a single play all game against a far inferior offense to our own.

Either way,  Im too annoyed with the way we played (at least the defense and playcalling) to be bothered about them talking.     

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I mean, they also got their team 7 points, which was obviously a big difference in the game.    And if you count the INT that led to a TD, thats another 7.     Then the 4th and 1 stops (although our terrible playcalling could be blamed for that as well).   They gave up alot of points and yards, but made enough plays.   Our defense didnt make a single play all game against a far inferior offense to our own.

Either way,  Im too annoyed with the way we played (at least the defense and playcalling) to be bothered about them talking.     

the way we lost , it can make any fan want to take a break for a while and wait to see what the team does to make improvements on D. The D was as uninspired as I can ever remember , they didn't seem to have the intensity of the other playoff team, nowhere near the other teams.  That also can be a result of the Jags OL being really good and our D not having an answer for the jags and the jags deserve credit as they were out to win and make a statement . This is where Tomlins D background should help, but maybe he lets butler call the D all the time as well as design the plays.  Maybe execution was to blame, haven't heard that one ion a while. 

I agreed with the onside kick, the D was useless and I thought the Jags could have run time out at will. I can't recall the last time I saw our D that bad vs a team  other than the pats when we played zones. So, we made the Jags look like the champs of years past, something no other team was able to do all season.  This game should wake up the coaches and FO, but will they make changes or excuses?

I know you can't really pin a loss on a specific play but the 3rd and long pass to Yeldon in the Flat that went for 40yds absolutely killed them. The Steelers had just scored, were down by 7pts and the Jags were facing a 3 and out. Getting the Defense off the field and the Offense on it, I'm confident they would of tied it up. Instead, the Jags completed that 3rd and long and continued to march down the field for 7 more bleeding the clock down to 4mins. 

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

I know you can't really pin a loss on a specific play but the 3rd and long pass to Yeldon in the Flat that went for 40yds absolutely killed them. The Steelers had just scored, were down by 7pts and the Jags were facing a 3 and out. Getting the Defense off the field and the Offense on it, I'm confident they would of tied it up. Instead, the Jags completed that 3rd and long and continued to march down the field for 7 more bleeding the clock down to 4mins. 

That was a killer. Apparently someone missed an assignment. Good time to do it.9_9

7 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

That was a killer. Apparently someone missed an assignment. Good time to do it.9_9

lol I think someone said they called a play designed to cover the flats .. yet no one was near yeldon for that 40 yard gain .. how does that happen .. and it took bortles 10 hours to find that RB all alone IN THE FLATS

10 hours ago, Chieferific said:

way too many bad plays and sub-standard performances . So bad that we never wasted time on the 5up 5down, or even all down thread.  To me it was one of the worst games, but I still think repeatedly playing zones vs brady not only is insanity but should have been cause for a shakeup in the ranks and drafting process. This loss, almost as bad, and one could argue worse simply because we allowed the jags O to look better than the pats .  Which was worse for you?

2 hours ago, Neumatic said:

I feel like this defense blew more assignments than they executed this year. Seriously I can not think of a worst defense since I started watching the Steelers. Big play after big play.

when did you start watching? Agree, this D performance wa really bad, but the jags deserve credit. They actually more resemble the steelers of old :

good physical run blocking OL

front 4 that can get pressure on their own

good cover corners 

fast linebackers

The steelers of today are a  finesse team.  

3 hours ago, Neumatic said:

Sometime in the late 90’s early 2000’s.

there was a blown coverage in the 94 AFCCG, cost us the SB run that year and it might have been the only blown assignment that I remember that year. The 49ers were too good though anyways. 

This year, like you, way too many blown assignments . Butler is a UFA, so wait to see what happens . Maybe tomlin will take Butler with him if he gets fired. 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:41 PM, TXsteeler said:

Bro I have never had to bring up statistics in a job interview. How is this question so hard to understand for you people.

Like I can argue AB is a great WR without stats, here. "AB is the best WR in the league because of his elite route running combined with his burst speed and willingness to fight for extra yards, which he gets by insane lateral quickness and great footwork. He is not the tallest not the fastest WR but he continuously out produces the guys who are by working harder and still manages to produce with backup qbs even while double or triple covered."

There you go, do the same for tomlin.

Pick a coach you think is doing a good job.  Now advise how he's a good coach WITHOUT bringing up statistics.

Archived