Jaguars vs. Steelers Divisional Playoff GDT

JLambert58

1 hour ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

The first half definitely had calls in favor of the Pats whether their fans want to admit it or not. I really didn't pay much attention after half time. The game was basically over by then. Clearly the Pats were the better team but many people thought the refs were garbage as usual.

Refs are garbage more often than not.

Titans didnt belong on the same field, refs or not.

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Refs are garbage more often than not.

Titans didnt belong on the same field, refs or not.

I file it under "hard to say the outcome is different either way".

If the Decker play isn't flag (shouldn't have been) how can you say that the Titans don't score?  If they do that either puts them in the lead or tied.  Ditto with the non-call facemask on 4th & 1. For me it's hard to say that the Titans don't go into the half with a different attitude, come out differently in the second half.

I wish I got a $20 spot for every time NE goes into the half under strange circumstances barely leading and end up winning in a blowout.  I would be a happy man.

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I file it under "hard to say the outcome is different either way".

If the Decker play isn't flag (shouldn't have been) how can you say that the Titans don't score?  If they do that either puts them in the lead or tied.  Ditto with the non-call facemask on 4th & 1. For me it's hard to say that the Titans don't go into the half with a different attitude, come out differently in the second half.

I wish I got a $20 spot for every time NE goes into the half under strange circumstances barely leading and end up winning in a blowout.  I would be a happy man.

I dont know....maybe.   I just know who I viewed as the better team as I watched it, and it wasnt even close.   Could the outcome have been different?   Maybe.   Do I think the better team won?  Absolutely.       Its not like when we played the Pats in the regular season and I felt like we legit outplayed them and they got saved by a stupid rule.   Dont get me wrong...they won fair and square.....but the point is, I get more upset when the team that played better loses because of something stupid.    Titans werent the better team, and I dont honestly believe those calls decided the game or pushed the game in the Pats direction.   

Either way,  whats done is done.  

21 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont know....maybe.   I just know who I viewed as the better team as I watched it, and it wasnt even close.   Could the outcome have been different?   Maybe.   Do I think the better team won?  Absolutely.       Its not like when we played the Pats in the regular season and I felt like we legit outplayed them and they got saved by a stupid rule.   Dont get me wrong...they won fair and square.....but the point is, I get more upset when the team that played better loses because of something stupid.    Titans werent the better team, and I dont honestly believe those calls decided the game or pushed the game in the Pats direction.   

Either way,  whats done is done.  

Oh I still think the Pats would have won and were the better team.

But the Titans were robbed of their chance to show they could have been the better team that day.  And that's what frustrates me.  They didn't get the chance to show that they could have done it.  

Basically I don't care who the teams are, but teams are owed a fairly and evenly reffed game.

21 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Oh I still think the Pats would have won and were the better team.

But the Titans were robbed of their chance to show they could have been the better team that day.  And that's what frustrates me.  They didn't get the chance to show that they could have done it.  

Basically I don't care who the teams are, but teams are owed a fairly and evenly reffed game.

Fair enough, and I agree completely with the last sentence....but thats often too much to ask for these days.

I have no doubt New England was winning that game either way, but bad officiating can ruin any game blow out or not. The Titans has their chances after going down 21-7 and shot them selves in the foot every time. I certainly don’t think it was bias for New England,. It was just horrible officiating, nothing more nothing less. The phantom OPI call while wrong I can at least understand in real time how it could be called OPI but the offsides/neutral zone infraction ordeal was just embarrassing. 

Maybe it’s because I didn’t understand all the rules growing up or wasn’t paying attention to it but I feel like the officiating has gotten a lot worst over the years. Or hell perhaps it’s just because we all have high definition TVs watching crystal clear video in super slow motion.

Either way close win/loss or blow out for either team I just want a nice cleanly called and played game. No Phantom calls, no “hometown officiating”, no after the whistle Tom foolery and for everyone’s sake no injuries. 

Archived