Norv Turner

ericr0319

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is Norv Turner your GM now too? He's really building up the Carolina Vikings.

Haha. I'm not a fan of Norv. He's very frustrating.

In 2014, when Matt Cassel went down for the year and Peterson was suspended for the season, he changed the offense to help Teddy Bridgewater out. We went away from the 5-7 step drops and got the ball out quicker and Teddy had some success with that.

In 2015, Teddy is hyped to be a big thing going into the season. We had Adrian Peterson back. What does Norv do? Goes back to the 5-7 step drops and plays AD in the shotgun. Peterson sucked at it. He's a 1-back/I-Form runner. Later in the year we played Peterson correctly but our offense in general wasn't good. He refused to help Bridgewater. I'll give Norv credit though: he wasn't stupid in the playoff game (that was Blair Walsh's job)

In 2016, Teddy and Adrian suffer significant injuries. For the first 5 weeks of the year, Norv changes the offense to help Shaun Hill and Sam Bradford. Vikings go 5-0. After the bye, what does Norv do? You guessed it. 5-7 step drop backs and the Vikings offense looks terrible again. Thankfully he walked away after the Chicago game that year.

Norv Turner held the Vikings back and I'd be worried that he'll do the same to your team.

I'm willing to give anyone a chance after Shula. Definition of uncreative and unwilling to change.

I mean, we've been running variants of a Norv offense all this time anyway considering Chud was a disciple of his and Shula basically made Chud's offense a bit more power-oriented in the run game. Maybe having the real thing will rejuvenate us. Hopefully he's a hardass on Cam since, from what I understand, Dorsey and Shula were not.

Bit being optimistic as a Panthers fan has never worked out... oh well.

• 6 months later...

Archived