Cousins would seriously consider Browns

Dawgpoun8017

Just now, buno67 said:

Every QB basically needs a really good defense. Brady needed his defense to play amazing in the 2nd half to win last year. Year before that Denver had to play great with Manning as the QB. year before that, it was the defense coming up with a huge stop, year before that Seattle's defense destroyed the best offense in the league. You saying him needing a really good defense like its a con, every QB needs a really good defense. 

you say "sacrifice temporary pleasure for long lasting pleasure". The temporary pleasure would be something that is a known commodity. The long last pleasure, is a gamble, on something that might never reach come to fruition. To me it sounds like, do I want to take this 7 home, who already has her hands down my pants, or do I tell her no, and go try my luck with the 10 to see if I could take her home. 

I love the idea of darnold dont get me wrong. Im playing devils advocate. but you look Darnold has as much potential as leading the Browns to the superbowl to being the next Brady Quinn for us. Darnold might have the higher ceiling but we have no idea if he will ever reach it. Cousins floor is high enough that he could change the franchise by being able to help them become consistent winners. 

I could see if we were fighting over Jeff Garcia again, Jay Cutler, or Josh McCown. Can we name the last time at least a heathy top15 QB has hit the FA market?

Darnold will be a better qb than Cousins. Don’t play devils advocate just breathe. Just. Breathe 

22 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Winning the superbowl is not the measure of success for the Browns

Winning the SB is the only measure of success for every NFL team.

Everything else is failure.

For every team that doesn't win it, including the Browns.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Did he really say that?  Wow. Not winning the super bowl is failure if you ask me. 

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

unrealistic expectations. Let me guess you thought your first time was going to be with a 10, your first job was going to be $100k+, and etc.

25 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Kirk Cousins ain't coming here...lol

So, Albert Breer...he of the I used to be an insider but couldn't hack it...says Kirk is strongly this or that...

Come on...the stuff that passes for news these days

When challenged " I didn't speak to Kirk directly but the agents seem to believe he'd strongly entertain Cleveland"

Let's see does it benefit Kirk Cousins to have NFL teams including the one he's currently on think that he'd entertain going to the Team with the 2nd MOST Salary Cap Space.

Hmmm... I'd wager a guess that every major free agent will have stories about how they're considering Cleveland so they can leverage teams to show them the money.

Getting excited about this nonnews or believing it to be representative of reality is a sign of our dystopian future.

@Mind Character says Sam Darnold isn't entering the draft but he does.  He then says Eliot Wolf is not coming to Cleveland but Wolf signs a 4 year deal. Now he's saying Kirk Cousins isn't signing with the Browns.......

It's happening people. The reverse mind character streak will live on.  

Peace!!!

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

unrealistic expectations. Let me guess you thought your first time was going to be with a 10, your first job was going to be $100k+, and etc.

Pro sports are among few businesses in which the only measure of success is predefined.

In NFL football, the predefined objective is to win the SB.

If you do not win the SB you have failed to achieve the objective.

It's not about expectations.

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Pro sports are among few businesses in which the only measure of success is predefined.

In NFL football, the predefined objective is to win the SB.

If you do not win the SB you have failed to achieve the objective.

It's not about expectations.

The ultimate success is predefined.

This would of been a successful season for the Browns if they found their franchise QB in Kizer. This would of been a successful season for the browns if they took a 1-15 team and managed to win at least 6 games.

12 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

So you don’t care to win a super bowl?

Did you go into this season expecting to win the superbowl?  

The ultimate goal for this team or any team is to win the title. but to say that if the superbowl isnt won, then the season was a complete failure.

A successful season isnt completely fully attached to a SB victory or not. If you were a superbowl contending team like KC or whatever, then yeah the season was a waste.

The Browns this year to have a successful season was to win 5+ games, have Kizer turn into franchise QB.

Im sorry, im not expecting the superbowl for the Browns. Its a step/building process.

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Did you go into this season expecting to win the superbowl?  

The ultimate goal for this team or any team is to win the title. but to say that if the superbowl isnt won, then the season was a complete failure.

A successful season isnt completely fully attached to a SB victory or not. If you were a superbowl contending team like KC or whatever, then yeah the season was a waste.

The Browns this year to have a successful season was to win 5+ games, have Kizer turn into franchise QB.

Im sorry, im not expecting the superbowl for the Browns. Its a step/building process.

Umm then we agree?

50 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

@Mind Character says Sam Darnold isn't entering the draft but he does.  He then says Eliot Wolf is not coming to Cleveland but Wolf signs a 4 year deal. Now he's saying Kirk Cousins isn't signing with the Browns.......

It's happening people. The reverse mind character streak will live on.  

Peace!!!

Somewhat facts...

You're right on Darnold...I couldn't allow myself to believe (PS -- USC CFB sports insider premium sites are frauds)

Let's hope I'm wrong on Cousins.

I believed Wolf was coming the whole way through Hence, I started a Packers/Eliot Wolf thread even before the Packers GM job was filled.

I placed a strand of Kai Nacua's hair in a cauldron (not from his head by the way).... w/ Josh Gordon's last joint, Johnny Football's mysteriously powdered rolled up dollar bill,and Peyton Hillis' madden cover.... then I chant "Belichick and Saban were on the Browns." "Belichick and Saban were on the Browns." then I ask the cauldron to tell me of the future.

It's not scientific so it's not my fault when the answers it gives are hit and miss..

-Leading WR had 789 yards (Crowder)

-Leading WR had 6 TD's (Doctson)

-Leading RB had 603 rushing yards (Perine)

-Leading RB had 4 rushing td's (Cousins)

-His two best offensive weapons, Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson missed 16 total games. 

8th in the NFL in passing yards

9th in the NFL in completion %

9th in the NFL in YPA

8th in the NFL in TD passes

5th most sacked QB in the NFL

7th in NFL in rushing td's by a QB. 

Cousins is literally top 10 in every statistical category, with no running game, with a lack of offensive weapons, with a line that couldn't protect him, and a defense that gave up 24 points per game. People are really saying that they would pass on Kirk Cousins? Roethlisberger had 1 more TD pass and 1 more INT on the season, and he got to throw the ball to Juju, Antonio and LeVeon. 

Cousins is pretty good. Darnold would hold out and re-enter the draft if we signed Cousins and drafted him. He'd have to wait a year but if we sign Cousins it will be at least 4 and maybe 5 before he got his chance.

I'm okay with signing Cousins if he is available, he could win a SB.

I'm okay with going with the rookie QB we like best.

We're better next year either way.

Archived