Super4

Trade or Release Dez Bryant?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Trade or Release Dez Bryant?

• Yes, it's his time to go.
    • No, he's still valueable.
    • Not yet; find his replacement.

14 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

He never really became the player I thought he'd be...wouldn't mind taking a chance on him but would prefer a drafted dude...like Goedert.

But Witten's here still...and the staff seems hesitant for whatever reason to try and add serious competition. 

He's definitely flashed, he's just constantly hurt.

24 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

He's definitely flashed, he's just constantly hurt.

And I think that's the main concern and why he'll probably come with a cheaper tag than he should.  Injury concerns will likely make teams "hm-haw"

14 minutes ago, Super4 said:

And I think that's the main concern and why he'll probably come with a cheaper tag than he should.  Injury concerns will likely make teams "hm-haw"

As much as his talent shows when he’s healthy he just never is and to take a chance on someone that injury prone isn’t a good idea. We already have valuable players on this roster than can’t stay healthy and to give him a contract for him to sit on IR gets a pass for me. There is plenty of talent in this draft that we can bring in that Witten can mentor.

First off Super4, welcome aboard. I think this topic is a good one and at least needs to be discussed. My opinion is that if Dallas actually went out a retained a better coaching staff, I would have the hopes that the new staff would find ways to move Dez around more. Dez and his routes seem rather predictable, tree or not.

BUT the fact that Dallas has retained the same old coaches, how much better can we expect Dez to be for us. Problem is, like some have stated, is that his contract is too big to trade. I am also a believer that if Dallas acquired another "stud" at WR, it would help alleviate Dez and the attention he gets. Dez can still be a solid starting WR under the right circumstances IMO. 

Bottom line is that I vote for one more year. Another year like this one, then he has to go.

I voted to keep him, because he is still valuable. He only runs three routes... four if you count a bubble screen. Well, that is all he jas ever run. Everyone is quick to make knee-jerk reactions. I saw defenses respecting him all year. 

Dez is what he is, and that is great. He is not a route runner, never was, and is never going to be. He creates separation when the ball is in the air. He may be the best ever at climbing the ladder and attacking the football. 

It is, put him out wide, identify the coverage, and give him a ball with some air under it when he is one on one. If they play off hit him on a bubble, watch him create a first down by himself, press or tight, watch the safety etc... if they double him, great, go somewhere else. 

Dak and Dez don't match each other's skill set. I thought it started clicking down the stretch last year. This year Dak seemed to regress, and never gained any confidence which is needed to throw to a 'covered' Dez. 

We need to get Dez more involved, even with sweeps and what not. Not only for his mental game - so he doesn't start to press - but because he really is a playmaker when the ball is in his hands. 

I doubt that every receiver on the team was worse, because of themselves... Dak needs to take another step.

I have been saying for the longest time that Dez Bryant is a cancer to this team, his pouting rants when he's not targeted. You never hear him say anything when he drops the rock it's everyone else is fault on the Cowboys. He was the same way when Romo was there. If the management staff can't sit him down and get through that big EGO it's time to let him go.

1 minute ago, cowboysdreamer said:

I have been saying for the longest time that Dez Bryant is a cancer to this team, his pouting rants when he's not targeted. You never hear him say anything when he drops the rock it's everyone else is fault on the Cowboys. He was the same way when Romo was there. If the management staff can't sit him down and get through that big EGO it's time to let him go.

WRs have the biggest egos out there. He does rant a lot and it comes at the oddest times. One game he’ll have nothing and wont rant and rave then the next he will. Anyway when he does he kills any drive and momentum we have. He’s just distracting the team and he’s frankly not worth it. When he use to pout on the sidelines a few years back it was manageable because he produced. When you aren’t worth that anymore you can’t do that. I feel bad for him because I know injuries have taken a lot of that talent away unfortunately. But we as a team need to be realistic and say this guy is done and either trade him this year which is unlikely or cut him next year which honestly I can see us doing that. 

On 1/10/2018 at 10:30 PM, resilient part 2 said:

First off Super4, welcome aboard. I think this topic is a good one and at least needs to be discussed. My opinion is that if Dallas actually went out a retained a better coaching staff, I would have the hopes that the new staff would find ways to move Dez around more. Dez and his routes seem rather predictable, tree or not.

BUT the fact that Dallas has retained the same old coaches, how much better can we expect Dez to be for us. Problem is, like some have stated, is that his contract is too big to trade. I am also a believer that if Dallas acquired another "stud" at WR, it would help alleviate Dez and the attention he gets. Dez can still be a solid starting WR under the right circumstances IMO. 

Bottom line is that I vote for one more year. Another year like this one, then he has to go.

I appreciate it man.  This is Cicero by the way, I couldn’t recover my old account lol.

Archived