Dez Bryant: Keep, Release or Trade?

Super4

Trade or Release Dez Bryant?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Trade or Release Dez Bryant?

• Yes, it's his time to go.
    • No, he's still valueable.
    • Not yet; find his replacement.

Free was no loss outside leadership. La'el was better this year than Free was last year. Free was gawd awful in the playoff loss to GB making rookie mistakes and penalties. He was so bad he retired.  We didn't regress because of Free. I can't believe people who get paid for their opinions think that, and I've read that lazy conclusion everywhere. The Adrian Clayborn game wasn't on Collins that was Green. Golden wasn't whipping Collins in Arizona, he was beating Tyron. If I am remembering correctly Kalil Mack was way more effective rushing Tyron than Collins. I get Tyron was banged up but Free would have been laughable on the other side and Collins was not.

Leary hurt, yes. But we didn't have the money. We had\have to pay Romo.

And since option 2 and 3 are basically the same in this poll, the keep Dez camp wins. Which means if we were in charge we would give Dez another year. Which is the smart thing to do. Go you guys. Give your brain a kiss.

I voted keep but but aware he has limited time left. And Boy do people still undervalue what Free did for this team. He wasn’t a all pro but he was a solid starter something we don’t have now behind Smith who is very fragile 

3 hours ago, quiller said:

I voted keep but but aware he has limited time left. And Boy do people still undervalue what Free did for this team. He wasn’t a all pro but he was a solid starter something we don’t have now behind Smith who is very fragile 

Free wasn't behind Smith though. And most teams don't have solid starters behind their starters.  Free lined up at RT, which is where Collins played. Collins did better at RT than Free did. If so facto we didn't miss Free.

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Free was no loss outside leadership. La'el was better this year than Free was last year. Free was gawd awful in the playoff loss to GB making rookie mistakes and penalties. He was so bad he retired.  We didn't regress because of Free. I can't believe people who get paid for their opinions think that, and I've read that lazy conclusion everywhere. The Adrian Clayborn game wasn't on Collins that was Green. Golden wasn't whipping Collins in Arizona, he was beating Tyron. If I am remembering correctly Kalil Mack was way more effective rushing Tyron than Collins. I get Tyron was banged up but Free would have been laughable on the other side and Collins was not.

Leary hurt, yes. But we didn't have the money. We had\have to pay Romo.

So then, to understand this fully, we overpay players to the point where we cannot afford to sign or keep quality role players ie: Romo/Leary.

You say Free was garbage? Ok. 

The Adrian Clayborn game wasn't on Green, it was on the coaches. After blindside sack number two, they should have given him some help.

In a nutshell, what I am seeing is this:

Our front office  makes really poor decisions with contracts and signing FAs. All three we signed this year weren't even on the team by season's end.

Our coaching staff cannot formulate game plans to best utilize Our talent.

Our coaching staff cannot make adjustments in game time to better protect our players or counter the opponents adjustments.

Many of our draft picks seem to play out their contracts here, then go elswhere and succeed.

So in short, regardless of our talent, that stil managed 9 wins this season, if things don't change at the top, we are screwed.

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Free wasn't behind Smith though. And most teams don't have solid starters behind their starters.  Free lined up at RT, which is where Collins played. Collins did better at RT than Free did. If so facto we didn't miss Free.

This is accurate.  Leadership and experience was all we lost at RT individually, and maybe cohesiveness on line line as a whole, but Collins played leaps and bounds better than free and every metric is there is support that.  Nobody played particularly well outside Martin last year either, not than Fredrick or Tyron were bad by any means, but up to their normal standard they weren't great.  Cohesiveness and health need to improve dramatically.

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Definitely some posturing there. They need to make something work. To be fair, regarding Dak and Dezs' chemistry, what WR has Dak shown real chemistry with? None? It's not just Dez. What is a better WR for Dak? Another RB?

How can you not like a WR that doesn't need to be open? I get he had some drops, but I doubt that's a future chronic problem for him.

If we cut Dez to save $8M and use most of it to sign a less talented WR that we only perceive to be more "Dak friendly," then we're taking an incredible risk. 

13 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Definitely some posturing there. They need to make something work. To be fair, regarding Dak and Dezs' chemistry, what WR has Dak shown real chemistry with? None? It's not just Dez. What is a better WR for Dak? Another RB?

How can you not like a WR that doesn't need to be open? I get he had some drops, but I doubt that's a future chronic problem for him.

If we cut Dez to save $8M and use most of it to sign a less talented WR that we only perceive to be more "Dak friendly," then we're taking an incredible risk.

Right. And, you draft one high in hopes of replacing him, you've just signed yourself up for a two year project at the minimum. 

I think before the smoke clears, Dez has himself an extension and Dallas gets some cap relief there.

Point being we can get someone else to off set the production(or lack there of) and keep what little D we got intact. Keep Lawrence and maybe we can draft a cover safety/corner, if Lawrence walks its right back to the DE and pass rusher pool which we do not have a good track record with. 

16 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Right. And, you draft one high in hopes of replacing him, you've just signed yourself up for a two year project at the minimum. 

I think before the smoke clears, Dez has himself an extension and Dallas gets some cap relief there.

This makes the most sense. Dez wants to be a Cowboy for life - give him some security in exchange for cap relief

On 1/22/2018 at 9:55 PM, DaBoys said:

We have needed an influx of speed at the WR position for awhile now. It's a tough decision, but they have to be totally in on Dak and give him a young, explosive WR to grow with. Teams load up the box against Zeke because they doubt our WR's can get open. His attitude is definitely not helping the team.

I would ask Dez to take a pay cut and if he refuses I would cut him. There are receivers we can possibly sign to a one year prove it deal that might just click with Dak (while we have our highly drafted WR waiting in the wings) and we can prevent the distractions.

Archived