cousins would consider playing for browns

LoganF89

16 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

just saw this on bleacher report. if a deal cant get done do we tag him and make them give us a pick if they want him?

Lavar703 posted it on the last page of the Counsins Stuff page. We could do a non-exclusive franchise tag and trade him too the Browns but I’m not sure if the Browns would do the trade but maybe.

38 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If we tag and trade him, he doesn’t have a choice and if Cousins hits free agency and the Browns are the highest bidder I doubt he turns them down.

He won’t go to a losing organization like that.  He’s turning 30 and won’t want to sit through the rebuild.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He won’t go to a losing organization like that.  He’s turning 30 and won’t want to sit through the rebuild.

Cleveland is much closer to home for him and I think that means a lot to him. Not to mention the situation in Cleveland is a lot different now with a true talent evaluator running the show. As sad as it sounds, Cleveland is much closer to being good consistently good than we are. Bruce Allen is such an issue that Kirk would surely consider Cleveland a better option at this point. 

58 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Cleveland is much closer to home for him and I think that means a lot to him. Not to mention the situation in Cleveland is a lot different now with a true talent evaluator running the show. As sad as it sounds, Cleveland is much closer to being good consistently good than we are. Bruce Allen is such an issue that Kirk would surely consider Cleveland a better option at this point. 

Dude come on. Cleveland won one game in 2 years, and their head coach is terrible.

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

No he won’t.

There desperate and josh Gordon and Coleman would be good weapons . If Browns sign Kirk they also can draft Barkley at RB .

i think hue Jackson is Ann awful head coach . But Browns can offer about 35-40 mil a year .

i mean to me I wouldn't go to Cleveland . I would accept less ( still be rich ) and be with a team I'm familiar with .

but man 40mil almost a year is insane that's like baseball money.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If we tag and trade him, he doesn’t have a choice and if Cousins hits free agency and the Browns are the highest bidder I doubt he turns them down.

He wants to go play for a contender. Not a team that is 1-31 in their last 2 seasons with a new GM and no running game. He clearly stated its not about the money. Going to the Browns would be his absolute worst case scenario. 

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Kirk would not kill his career and his chances at winning a superbowl for money. He will not sign with the Browns. He spends his off season in Atlanta and Michigan. Rents a house in D.C. during the season. All his life milestones have been here in D.C. He don't really care about being close to home. That's moot. 

99% sure he doesn't go to Cleveland. Jets, Buffalo or Denver are better fits, but Denver and Buffalo have no money. 

Archived