Norv Turner hired as Panthers OC

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I can't think of a worse possible fit for Cam Newton. Just a terrible hire.

I just hope Rivera dumps Norv before he gets taken down with him.

What was the deal with Turner and Zimmer ? Different philosophies or more personality issues ?

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

What was the deal with Turner and Zimmer ? Different philosophies or more personality issues ?

Norv's system clearly wasn't working, and he refused to change. He decided he would rather quit than adapt his system.

He runs an outdated system, which he refuses to change or adapt to the roster talent. 

Not really a fit for Cam.

Norv's a pretty vertical west coast offense kind of guy, and I don't think Cam really fits that mold.

They also don't have receivers (which seems an important factor when you're going into a pass first mentality).

Just an odd fit.

21 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Just guess they're gonna go after everyone and their mothers in FA/draft.

Not a good year to need WR help.   Doubt many notably good ones hit free agency and its not a strong WR draft either.

Steelers MIGHT be open to trading Martavis Bryant, who would be an ideal fit in Turner's system.

45 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Not really a fit for Cam.

Norv's a pretty vertical west coast offense kind of guy, and I don't think Cam really fits that mold.

They also don't have receivers (which seems an important factor when you're going into a pass first mentality).

Just an odd fit.

Norv uses the Air Coryell offense, not West Coast.

Archived