Norv Turner hired as Panthers OC

49erurtaza

24 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not a good year to need WR help.   Doubt many notably good ones hit free agency and its not a strong WR draft either.

Steelers MIGHT be open to trading Martavis Bryant, who would be an ideal fit in Turner's system.

The free agent class isn't awful as it stands right now, but really depends on which guys actually get there. 

Sammy Watkins would be a good fit, I can't see the Rams franchise tagging him after this season. Granted, who knows how much he'd actually be on the field, but he and pryor would be two guys that they may want to go after. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The free agent class isn't awful as it stands right now, but really depends on which guys actually get there. 

Sammy Watkins would be a good fit, I can't see the Rams franchise tagging him after this season. Granted, who knows how much he'd actually be on the field, but he and pryor would be two guys that they may want to go after. 

Thats why I said "I doubt many good ones actually hit".

I think the Rams at least franchise tag Watkins, and the only other one off the top of my head is Jarvis Landry, and if he does hit, I think there will be a big bidding war which will possibly result in him getting extremely overpaid by someone.

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

He runs an outdated system, which he refuses to change or adapt to the roster talent. 

This is what I’m afraid of. You aren’t a good coach if you can’t adapt your system. Not sure how to feel about this, honestly.

Norv is going to need to adapt his philosophy, which IMO is something a good coach does with a generational talent like Cam. You have to adapt your offense for Cam. I think the way their roster is set up they need to play a spread, college style offense. That would suit McCaffery, Cam, and the shifty WR's they have. 

11 hours ago, Forge said:

1,000 like club! Boom!

idk man people are knocking this hire

Norv Turner is a great OC

even with the Browns we had a very good dynamic offense for our talent level

people forget that Crazy season Josh Gordon had Norv Tuner was our OC

I expect a big year out of Carolina I see them getting another runningback and receiver in the draft he's going to need some more speed on the outside 

The Panthers offense looked pretty good for a few weeks immediately following the Benjamin trade. I think that's the style they want to run. Don't sleep on Samuel. I think he will team with McCaffery and make a solid, quick, short passing attack with intermediate and deep passes to Funchess and Olsen sprinkled in. They'll be a good bounceback team.

15 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Reunited with Matt Kalil

And facing the AFC North and the full NFC East next season.  I'm kind of disappointed that the Chargers or Vikings defenses don't get a regular season crack at him, but I suppose we're going in order of who had Norv first on this scheduling?  So Cowboys and Skins get first crack, then the Raiders, then the Niners, then the Chargers, then the Vikings... except the Browns are skipping the line here.  Well, at least he'll face three of his former teams in the first season as OC.

Archived