Thee D-Line

Bonanza23

Can't lie this is the most excited I've been about our dline in years!  Please discuss. 

Webby wants topics, webby gets topics. The best thing about moving over here is freedom again to create topics. No fear brethren, no fear. 

The only other time we had this much potential on our DL was 2001when we had brown coming off a good rookie year and just had drafted Gerard Warren #3. Now that DL didn't do squat but on paper they had a butt load of potential. 

The difference is our DL this year has supremely more potential and I believe they won't suck lol. I am really excited about this unit. This unit has the youth and talent to become one of if not the best DL in the league. It would be nice if that came to fruition 

I think it's going to be great in a couple years but even right away will be much better than what we've had for a long time.

For those not keeping score, they've added a number 1 pick, a 32 overall pick, a pair of #65 overall picks and a 6th rounder who had a second round grade based on talent in the last 16 months.  Crazy....

You know who I'm really hoping pops-off this year? Nate Orchard. Moving him back to his natural position and changing him to a rotational guy on the line might do wonders for him and allow for the re-emergence of the guy the Browns thought they were getting when he was coming off an 18 sack season in Utah. 

58 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

You know who I'm really hoping pops-off this year? Nate Orchard. Moving him back to his natural position and changing him to a rotational guy on the line might do wonders for him and allow for the re-emergence of the guy the Browns thought they were getting when he was coming off an 18 sack season in Utah. 

Let's hope so, this is a make or break year for him.

Personally I think it's 50/50 he even makes the team.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Let's hope so, this is a make or break year for him.

Personally I think it's 50/50 he even makes the team.

I haven't given up faith in Orchard. He looked decent at times in 2015. Going to a 4 man front is going to change our defense in a huge way. I think Orchard does still have the potential to play a role here. He's still so young what 25? I'm not giving up yet I think he'll make the team. 

16 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I haven't given up faith in Orchard. He looked decent at times in 2015. Going to a 4 man front is going to change our defense in a huge way. I think Orchard does still have the potential to play a role here. He's still so young what 25? I'm not giving up yet I think he'll make the team. 

Yeah that's the thing, some of these guys might look a ton better in a 4-3 defense.  Some of these defensive ends just don't translate to a 3-4.

We have some tough cuts coming up!

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah that's the thing, some of these guys might look a ton better in a 4-3 defense.  Some of these defensive ends just don't translate to a 3-4.

We have some tough cuts coming up!

Not for nothing, but this is one a problem I can embrace!

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it's going to be great in a couple years but even right away will be much better than what we've had for a long time.

For those not keeping score, they've added a number 1 pick, a 32 overall pick, a pair of #65 overall picks and a 6th rounder who had a second round grade based on talent (Brantley) in the last 16 months.  Crazy....

I think Brantley has the potential to be the biggest steal in the draft. It would be awesome for once, something like this happens to the Browns. Usually when you see teams blossom into a top tier defense it is because some of the day3 draft picks develop into legit starter...

If all this youth and talent could actually translate into legit production on the field. The Browns could find them in an amazing position for the next 3 years with this front 7...

giphy.webp

Hey there sexies:x

Our DL is about to be filthy. I think it will be a top 5 unit for a long time.

Excellent blend of youth and veterans. Great depth. High end potential guys. I'd take our DL over anyone elses in the division right now...and obviously going forward because of the youth.

I am not high on Orchard, I think he will be another bust by RF. 

I think Nassib will be mediocre. 

I hope Brantley is a good player. 

I think it will be a DLine with a bunch of good players, which is awesome. 

Shelton was great last year, I think we move on from Meder, who apart from one spectacular moment, was terrible last year. 

I think Garret will be over guarded and people may miss the interior guys, I hope Bryant has a big year.

Archived