Thee D-Line

Bonanza23

15 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Good film on Brantley strengths and weakness. 
I hope G. Williams lites a fire  under his butt. 

Agreed. Really solid evaluation. Tons of quickness and talent. Needs to get stronger and give more effort.

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Agreed. Really solid evaluation. Tons of quickness and talent. Needs to get stronger and give more effort.

That effort...not even 6th round worthy. Hopefully playing for money drives him, doesn't happen often though.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

That effort...not even 6th round worthy. Hopefully playing for money drives him, doesn't happen often though.

Effort is something a lot of young players, particularly d lineman need to improve.

A lot of times people confuse a lack of conditioning with a lack of effort too.

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Effort is something a lot of young players, particularly d lineman need to improve.

Do you think that he lacked conditioning then? 

To to me it looked like he really stopped trying after some intial great work. 

18 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Do you think that he lacked conditioning then? 

To to me it looked like he really stopped trying after some intial great work. 

How would I know?  We can guess about it all day but it isn't going to prove anything.

I'm just saying he's far from the first DL who was said to have effort concerns and many do just fine when used as part of a rotation.  We don't need him to go all out for 80-90 plays, just 20-30 in subpackages initially and we'll see how that goes.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How would I know?  We can guess about it all day but it isn't going to prove anything.

I'm just saying he's far from the first DL who was said to have effort concerns and many do just fine when used as part of a rotation.  We don't need him to go all out for 80-90 plays, just 20-30 in subpackages initially and we'll see how that goes.

Magic. Or you know his cousins favourite stripper. There's probably  more than that also. 

Sorry, I thought you were making a truth claim that it was conditioning over effort. In the film it looked like a lack of effort. 

But I agree, we don't know for sure,  and he will definitely be on a small snap count, I love rotating dlinemen

16 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Magic. Or you know his cousins favourite stripper. There's probably  more than that also. 

Sorry, I thought you were making a truth claim that it was conditioning over effort. In the film it looked like a lack of effort. 

But I agree, we don't know for sure,  and he will definitely be on a small snap count, I love rotating dlinemen

Only you guys who live amongst the hobbits have magic.  It's not a real thing here in the US of A.

Shoulda thought of asking the strippers though, that one's on me, my bad.

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don't really know anything about Brantley except what Candy posted but if you watched it it was pretty ugly. It wasn't even lack of effort it was no effort once the play was 3 yards away from him. It happened in every quarter so I really doubt conditioning had anything to do with it. Maybe he doesn't understand football or has no passion for the game but it was really odd seeing him standing straight up with a RB 3-5 yards away from him and him thinking his job was done.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't really know anything about Brantley except what Candy posted but if you watched it it was pretty ugly. It wasn't even lack of effort it was no effort once the play was 3 yards away from him. It happened in every quarter so I really doubt conditioning had anything to do with it. Maybe he doesn't understand football or has no passion for the game but it was really odd seeing him standing straight up with a RB 3-5 yards away from him and him thinking his job was done.

Well, that is a damning report if I ever heard one. 

Hopefully, he changes otherwise we have  discount Albert Haynesworth. 

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah I posted the unpopular post on the old forum that there were a ton of plays he simply quit on. He's got a ton of talent and I hope Williams will get it out of him. If so he can be a steal. Not the metal kind. Not the four finger kind. The we got him at a great price kind. 

Archived