Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

Just wanted to start this page for all news and rumours. If it’s not draft related or Kirk Cousins related it will be cool to have any updates in here. Especially once we get close to FA and the draft. 

Just what Iv read today:

-Sammy Watkins will probably get the franchise tag.

-Le’Veon Bell thinks this could be the last year the ‘killer b’s are together. Possibly could be a target for us in FA.

-Pat Shurmur is the favourite to get the Cardinals job and will take Case Kennum with him. That will mean the Vikings will probs keep Bradford or Teddy and would mean the Cardinals wouldn’t trade up above us for a QB. 

Would love to nab Lawrence, would still take a guy in the 4/5th but it would definitely solve our Pass Rush problems. Have a feeling we're gonna go after a RB in free agency specifically Orleans Darkwa, Jeremy Hill and Carlos Hyde.

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

I know. They gave up a premium pick and a player though so maybe they don’t want to admit a mistake? 

That and he's only 24 years old with plenty of talent. Got to figure a whole offseason in the system/with Goff should do wonders for him. It's worth the 1 year salary to find out. 

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

Le’Veon Bell thinks this could be the last year the ‘killer b’s are together. Possibly could be a target for us in FA.

The writing is on the wall and he knows it. Le'Veon wants to test the market to properly assess his value and the Steelers cannot afford to slap him with a $17 million franchise tag. He'll be 26 years old in and is at the peak of his earning potential. Chances are he signs with a team willing to pay him $60 million on a 4-year contract. Maybe the Steelers will find the money to do it, but I doubt it. He's going to the highest bidder, and it remains to be seen if that will be SF, CLE, IND, TB, us, or another team...

I would not be opposed to signing Bell, but the Jets better be careful how that contract is structured. 

At least one thing isn't a rumor, we are loaded with money. Isn't that a great feeling for once. We have money the 6 overall pick in the draft two second round picks and a third round pick. We are starting this offseason in great shape, let hope it continues.

41 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

pretty sure Leveon Bell actually grew up a Jets fan. I know he really liked Curtis Martin from some interviews and stuff.

Was a big fan during his time with Michigan State according to his twitter history. Pretty ironic he hated the Steelers (mainly for beating the Jets)

If uu wanna y I want the packers to win, its cuz the jets lost…lol I'm not a fan of the packers, but I hate the Steelers…ha

— Le'Veon Bell (@L_Bell26) February 7, 2011

Jets winnin the next super bowl...lol #JustSayin #RexRyan

Yup ima Jets fan...What can I say? I love #GreenAndWhite....lol

Like I said #TeamJets all day...never count out Rex Ryan...

25 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Was a big fan during his time with Michigan State according to his twitter history. Pretty ironic he hated the Steelers (mainly for beating the Jets)

If uu wanna y I want the packers to win, its cuz the jets lost…lol I'm not a fan of the packers, but I hate the Steelers…ha

— Le'Veon Bell (@L_Bell26) February 7, 2011

Jets winnin the next super bowl...lol #JustSayin #RexRyan

Yup ima Jets fan...What can I say? I love #GreenAndWhite....lol

Like I said #TeamJets all day...never count out Rex Ryan...

I miss Rex

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

That and he's only 24 years old with plenty of talent. Got to figure a whole offseason in the system/with Goff should do wonders for him. It's worth the 1 year salary to find out. 

The writing is on the wall and he knows it. Le'Veon wants to test the market to properly assess his value and the Steelers cannot afford to slap him with a $17 million franchise tag. He'll be 26 years old in and is at the peak of his earning potential. Chances are he signs with a team willing to pay him $60 million on a 4-year contract. Maybe the Steelers will find the money to do it, but I doubt it. He's going to the highest bidder, and it remains to be seen if that will be SF, CLE, IND, TB, us, or another team...

I would not be opposed to signing Bell, but the Jets better be careful how that contract is structured. 

Your spot on with Watkins. I always had heartattacks when he played against us as he has that big play ability. 

I must admit if we can get Cousins then obviously Bell isn’t as much a priority as we will hopefully upgrade the o-line and can’t allocate too much money in the offense. Maybe we would draft a Rb.

If Cousins is off the table then we need a playmaker on offense that teams will gameplan for. Bell is the best offense skill player that will hit FA so I say go get him! 

10 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I miss Rex

As we really haven’t improved whatsoever since his departure I really wish he was still here.

Lets face it:

-the offense is still not where it needs to be. 

-we still have no qb.

-still have no pass rusher.

We were at least entertained with Rex and his personality than Bowles and his Omertà approach!

Archived