Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

The reason he rejected the offer from Redskins was the contract that would allow Redskins to cut him loose after 2018. Jets could commit him for 4 solid seasons (out of 5 or 6 years) of 22-24m on first year with 31m at peak.

If those numbers are it, I wouldn't have a problem with the deal. at all. 

It all comes down to if he wants us and Macc's feeling about this draft class. 

7 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

That came from a person who doesn't think Redskins would tag him as a transition player.  TT price is about 28m so Jets would have to push the contract into uncharted territory so Redskins could not match it.

11 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't see that happening.  I think he gets roughly 5 years, 140 mil personally. 

We have to offer a 1st year salary to him to price out Washington. No matter what. Bc they can match if they can afford it. So what he’d accept is different than what it will take. I think there’s no way Washington just lets him become an UFA, bc they want a chance at keeping him, but we can make that impossible for them if we want to.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We have to offer a 1st year salary to him to price out Washington. No matter what. Bc they can match if they can afford it. So what he’d accept is different than what it will take. I think there’s no way Washington just lets him become an UFA, bc they want a chance at keeping him, but we can make that impossible for them if we want to.

As far as TT goes, yup.  In the case for Cousins and Redskins, I can see F tag for recouping pick purpose or let him walk.  Gruden and Allen's jobs are at stake after next year so one year deal with Cousins won't be helpful unless they get apologetic contract for 19 and beyond that.

39 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

As far as TT goes, yup.  In the case for Cousins and Redskins, I can see F tag for recouping pick purpose or let him walk.  Gruden and Allen's jobs are at stake after next year so one year deal with Cousins won't be helpful unless they get apologetic contract for 19 and beyond that.

If Cousins is franchise tagged he's due 28mill. But will he even sign it and not hold out after another year of this stuff again? That's the big issue. Redskins do have 50mill in cap space in 2018, so really 40-42mill if you subtract the draft. That would only leave them 12mill to resign there own players. And they have several other players that they need to keep around if they can like Breeland, Pryor, Murphy, Brown, Compton, Foster and Lauvao.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If Cousins is franchise tagged he's due 28mill. But will he even sign it and not hold out after another year of this stuff again? That's the big issue. Redskins do have 50mill in cap space in 2018, so really 40-42mill if you subtract the draft. That would only leave them 12mill to resign there own players. And they have several other players that they need to keep around if they can like Breeland, Pryor, Murphy, Brown, Compton, Foster and Lauvao.

Not to nitpick but they'll prob have closer to 45 post draft. Only the top 51 count against the cap which typically encompasses rounds 1-3 or 1-4. Should add up to about 5 mil, maybe slightly more. 

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not to nitpick but they'll prob have closer to 45 post draft. Only the top 51 count against the cap which typically encompasses rounds 1-3 or 1-4. Should add up to about 5 mil, maybe slightly more. 

I was just giving general figures.

Tyrod is probably their back up plan. I think Jacksonville will aim for Tyrod or Alex Smith if Bortles blows this playoff game terribly. Jags defense, LF at RB, and solid WRs is perfect for Tyrod. 

I tried to think of some unlikely names at QB who could possibly be traded for. Slim to no chance this happens, but it's fun to me. 

Luck, Winston, and Dalton. 

Colts shock everyone and draft a QB at #3. Winston gets the same treatment the Chargers gave Brees. Bengals decide to give McCarron a shot. 

Back to my reality. I would like to have Cousins, but I think we're going to end up bringing back McCown and moving up to getting a QB. Going to end up with Rosen, Darnold, or Allen. 

Archived