Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

I'm a big fan of adding Garcia. Classic low cost/high reward situation. If healthy we added a 2017 draft pick who had/has starting LT potential.

As for Vacarro...I'd dig it if Bowles has a Deone Bucannon type plan to deploy him. If not and he's just a 3rd safety for us I'd rather look at Reid (unlikely given this team's association with the current administration) or a younger option to compete with Terrence Brooks, who also had a decent year last year as our 3rd safety.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Ya that is the problem. Most people including myself want nothing to do with this loser Reid. He would be a cancer for a young team. He will not sign with anyone along with Kap. These morons knew going in that kneeling would kill their career and they were even on record saying this. NFL is a business and you can not protest when you are at work. I just hope the young guys we have don't follow this path. 

Lmfao this guy

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Ya that is the problem. Most people including myself want nothing to do with this loser Reid. He would be a cancer for a young team. He will not sign with anyone along with Kap. These morons knew going in that kneeling would kill their career and they were even on record saying this. NFL is a business and you can not protest when you are at work. I just hope the young guys we have don't follow this path. 

Union employees do it all the time

Do you have to agree with their stance? No, but the players are well with in their rights to protest the way they are/do. I’d have no problem with bringing Reid aboard if he was to come at the right price.

Given our owners I think we stand a 0% chance of signing Reid.

Vaccaro is an interesting option. The problem with him will be we have to be pretty low on his list of teams. We have 2 young starting Safeties, so he’d have to accept a limited role in essence when their are exams that can offer him a starting spot.

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Dudes like you are why I hope players continue to protest.

8 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I know right... having an opinion... what a cancer.  Kid got outstanding grades in college and isn't out there beating up chicks.  Yet those morons backhanding their women get signed.  This guy wants a better world for people of all colors, what a Jerk.  If that is the path you are really concerned with our young guys following you need to find a new path yourself.

10 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I do it, I'll even add the Mets to it lol.

My life kinda sucks actually now that I think about it.

I am a Jets, Nets, & Met fan, and if you think they are screwed up, I just got back from CUBA, and any one who thinks communism works, better think again. They have done absolutely nothing to repair the infrastructure of Havana in the last sixty years. All the city's beautiful buildings are loaded with mold. Talk to several sharp Cubans young people, and they are selling pictures & plaques on the street. The sad thing is a lot of the people I talk to are well educated. The government in Cuba has taken all the incentive away from the Cuban people to improve their way of life. The tours I took in Cuba were great, but when you complete the tours you can't wander around on your own, to many restrictions by both the US & Cuban government. With that said the trip was very interesting.

7 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I am a Jets, Nets, & Met fan, and if you think they are screwed up, I just got back from CUBA, and any one who thinks communism works, better think again. They have done absolutely nothing to repair the infrastructure of Havana in the last sixty years. All the city's beautiful buildings are loaded with mold. Talk to several sharp Cubans young people, and they are selling pictures & plaques on the street. The sad thing is a lot of the people I talk to are well educated. The government in Cuba has taken all the incentive away from the Cuban people to improve their way of life. The tours I took in Cuba were great, but when you complete the tours you can't wander around on your own, to many restrictions by both the US & Cuban government. With that said the trip was very interesting.

Umm... did you somehow tie Jets, Nets, and Mets fandom into life in Cuba?  ok..... Also I'm not sure anyone on here is clamoring for communism, and no it's not great, but it certainly doesn't work when your country has sanctions against it for like 60 years.

31 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Umm... did you somehow tie Jets, Nets, and Mets fandom into life in Cuba?  ok..... Also I'm not sure anyone on here is clamoring for communism, and no it's not great, but it certainly doesn't work when your country has sanctions against it for like 60 years.

You don't think having NUCLEAR MISSILES pointing at the US had something to do with the sanctions. Cuba is only 92 miles from us down here in Florida.

Archived