Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

31 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Corey Coleman could be had.  I like him, although he has not stayed healthy his first two years.  Would do a 4th or 5th for him.  Thoughts??

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11278/corey-coleman

I'd trade a 5th for him.  Lots of talent and mostly freaky types of injuries hasn't he broken his hand twice?  That is weird but it is a lot better than dealing with an ACL or something that would effect his movement.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'd prefer a player for player deal TBH.  Just not sure we have anything they really need.  

DL?

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely. He’s in essence a Kearse type guy with more upside. He just can’t stay healthy.

Agreed .. a ton more upside. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely. He’s in essence a Kearse type guy with more upside. He just can’t stay healthy.

How do you see him like Kearse?  One was undrafted, the other was the 15th overall pick.  One has become more of a possession receiver, the other popped a 4.37 with over a 40 inch vert at his pro day.  Lastly Corey Coleman is 23 years old.  I think he has far more upside than Kease (and I like Kearse), while being a ton younger and on a rookie deal with a possible 5th year option if he turns it around.

10 hours ago, rampantjet said:

How do you see him like Kearse?  One was undrafted, the other was the 15th overall pick.  One has become more of a possession receiver, the other popped a 4.37 with over a 40 inch vert at his pro day.  Lastly Corey Coleman is 23 years old.  I think he has far more upside than Kease (and I like Kearse), while being a ton younger and on a rookie deal with a possible 5th year option if he turns it around.

Average size who rely on route running. Obviously Coleman has more upside but actually kearse is proven. When Coleman isn’t. I’d be all for getting him bc if the upside. But fact is is that Kearse has actually performed when coleman hasn’t.

Ill also add that where they got drafted means nothing. I guess Brady isn’t Luck bc he was drafted late. Antonio Brown isn’t Julio bc he was drafted late. Etc. draft position means nothing once the player is given opportunity.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Average size who rely on route running. Obviously Coleman has more upside but actually kearse is proven. When Coleman isn’t. I’d be all for getting him bc if the upside. But fact is is that Kearse has actually performed when coleman hasn’t.

Ill also add that where they got drafted means nothing. I guess Brady isn’t Luck bc he was drafted late. Antonio Brown isn’t Julio bc he was drafted late. Etc. draft position means nothing once the player is given opportunity.

I wasn't saying Kearse isn't a good player, I actually like Kearse more than most, I just don't think their games are similar at all.  Coleman doesn't win with route running, unless you count the 9 route.  

Also pointing out select guys that were drafted later than other guys is a bit of a weak argument.  On the whole statistically speaking guys taken at #15 overall are better than UDFA.  I wasn't implying there couldn't even be acceptions, but there is a vast difference for the results of those 2 ways to acquire players.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t know why we aren’t all over trying to trade for Fowler or Ray before TC. 

Think it’s all about Price don’t think Fowler is too expensive for us at the moment but Shaq Barrett should certainly be attainable, not a big fan of Ray tbh.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t know why we aren’t all over trying to trade for Fowler or Ray before TC. 

The Jags have said that they plan on keeping and resigning Fowler just at a cheaper price than the 5th year option.

Archived