Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

Being able to maintain his weight was an issue brought up during the pre draft process. He apparently played at 280. Bulked up to 300 for the combine. But if it’s only weight, bring the kid in. Blood clots derailed Chris Bosh’s career. So if it had to do with that, then his playing career is a bit more precarious. 

5 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

He's mediocre, but wouldn't be the worst signing I guess.

Sounds perfect.  He got destroyed for 6 sacks last year by Adrienne Clayborne..... and Clayborne is now on the Pats so... this sounds like a match made in heaven.  Looks like Clayborne gets to have at least 12 sacks next year lol.

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Hope his blood clot situation is cleared up, if so can be our developmental LT of the future

Yeah it doesn’t even matter to me where he plays, it’s just a solid pickup. He has time to get healthy and bulk up. He needs to put on some serious mass. 6’6 280 is very very lean. Would like to see him in the 315-325 range which is very good for ZBS LT

21 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

We just claimed Antonio Garcia OT from the Pats. Hopefully he adds some weight and pushes either tackle we have. 

Good move. Low risk High reward move. Guy has a good skill set. I don't know enough about Blood clots in the lungs to say if that's curable and what not. Clearly our staff felt good enough about him to take a shot though. I find it odd that NE cut him though. Their doctors must have seen him as a lost cause with that issue. Its not like they're loaded on the Oline or anything. You'd think he'd be worth the risk for them as well, at least through camp and all. He has the potential to be a steal and maybe have a shot at being the swing OT for us this year as well as maybe even be the starting LT next year of he's healthy obviously. I'm a big fan of a move like this. Bc he's still young and the talent is there. Its just health. I hope he can recover, gain weight and stay healthy.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

We just claimed Antonio Garcia OT from the Pats. Hopefully he adds some weight and pushes either tackle we have. 

Barnaby was right on this one. 

Garcia is he gets healthy and stays healthy could be our LT going forward. Draft pundits gave the Pats a lot of praise for picking him. 

54 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Good move. Low risk High reward move. Guy has a good skill set. I don't know enough about Blood clots in the lungs to say if that's curable and what not. Clearly our staff felt good enough about him to take a shot though. I find it odd that NE cut him though. Their doctors must have seen him as a lost cause with that issue. Its not like they're loaded on the Oline or anything. You'd think he'd be worth the risk for them as well, at least through camp and all. He has the potential to be a steal and maybe have a shot at being the swing OT for us this year as well as maybe even be the starting LT next year of he's healthy obviously. I'm a big fan of a move like this. Bc he's still young and the talent is there. Its just health. I hope he can recover, gain weight and stay healthy.

They drafted Isaiah Wynn in Round 1 and traded a 3rd for Trent Brown and a 4th. Also have Marcus Cannon.

Yeah they just didn’t need him at this point. 

Archived