Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Good move. Low risk High reward move. Guy has a good skill set. I don't know enough about Blood clots in the lungs to say if that's curable and what not. Clearly our staff felt good enough about him to take a shot though. I find it odd that NE cut him though. Their doctors must have seen him as a lost cause with that issue. Its not like they're loaded on the Oline or anything. You'd think he'd be worth the risk for them as well, at least through camp and all. He has the potential to be a steal and maybe have a shot at being the swing OT for us this year as well as maybe even be the starting LT next year of he's healthy obviously. I'm a big fan of a move like this. Bc he's still young and the talent is there. Its just health. I hope he can recover, gain weight and stay healthy.

He was apparently cleared by Dr.s, now we just have to keep hiding blood thinners in his food and we should be good.  I love this sort of low risk/high reward signing.  These seem like Macc's specialty.  Bucky Hodges, ASJ, Garcia nothing wrong with the bargain basement shopping if it is a nice basement.

I like the people Macc is bringing in for visits and the Garcia pick up. I really wanted him during his draft. I am worried about his health. As a Heat fan, I remember when Bosh was cleared and it eventually became a problem again. I hope we can take our time with him. 

55 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Kenny Vaccaro visiting if he leaves Indy without a contract.  Would give that much more depth to the secondary.

Huh, how is he still out there.  He had 3 picks and 1.5 sacks last year, but was rated horribly by PFF so who knows how he really was last year.  I wouldn't mind taking a look at Reid if we can get him for a deal.  He is younger than Vaccaro and was rated like almost 50 points higher than Vaccaro.... no brainer imo, kneel all ya want.

I like the Garcia pickup. I’d rather have a developmental guy on the bench than some of the bench guys we currently have who have peaked.

i liked him coming out. Thought  he was a second round pick. Took some time to look at his tape again and he looks good. The bull rush might be a weakness but he has good feet. 

Hopefully his health isn’t a chronic issue.

It was worth trying to get a guy with some talent. He is going to need a while to get some size back on his frame. Graded poorly as a run blocker throughout his college career so he has a ton of work to do. Still a good move and low risk high reward. We need to seriously rebuild that line next offseason and during the draft. 

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I like the people Macc is bringing in for visits and the Garcia pick up. I really wanted him during his draft. I am worried about his health. As a Heat fan, I remember when Bosh was cleared and it eventually became a problem again. I hope we can take our time with him. 

Leave this board now.

If healthy (big if) then he completely makes up for one of those second rounders we lost in the trade. He was projected as a late first/early second round pick last year. Would be a steal.

These are the low risk/high reward moves which make sense as it only takes one to work to make it worthwhile. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Bolt/New-England-Patriots-OT-Tony-Garcia-says-this-is-the-best-he-has-ever-felt-117277949/Amp

According to this article, Tony Garcia was back to his playing wait of 290 back in April. 

So really it comes down to medical clearance since he is only 10lbs away from his combine weight. Assuming he is in shape and medically cleared, he should be able to compete this year. 

Trying to see if he participated in OTAs before being let go. 

13 hours ago, rampantjet said:

Huh, how is he still out there.  He had 3 picks and 1.5 sacks last year, but was rated horribly by PFF so who knows how he really was last year.  I wouldn't mind taking a look at Reid if we can get him for a deal.  He is younger than Vaccaro and was rated like almost 50 points higher than Vaccaro.... no brainer imo, kneel all ya want.

Ya that is the problem. Most people including myself want nothing to do with this loser Reid. He would be a cancer for a young team. He will not sign with anyone along with Kap. These morons knew going in that kneeling would kill their career and they were even on record saying this. NFL is a business and you can not protest when you are at work. I just hope the young guys we have don't follow this path. 

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Ya that is the problem. Most people including myself want nothing to do with this loser Reid. He would be a cancer for a young team. He will not sign with anyone along with Kap. These morons knew going in that kneeling would kill their career and they were even on record saying this. NFL is a business and you can not protest when you are at work. I just hope the young guys we have don't follow this path. 

Lol

Garcia pickup has a chance to be a very good one. Patriots tend to be less patient with young players, and while medically cleared it's been reported that Garcia has lost a lot of weight due to the blood thinners... the Pats likely didn't want to use a roster spot on a player that may not contribute for another year, but is healthy enough to be on the active roster. 

The Jets on the other hand need players like this. Garcia is an athletic offensive lineman with upside who needs a full, healthy year in an NFL Strength & Conditioning program, as weight has always been his issue. To expect him to be the heir apparent at LT is a bit lofty, but I think he's more than capable of becoming a RT in the ZBS... who knows, maybe they'll consider shifting Shell to guard and Garcia to tackle (vice versa), but either way adding a young talent who may need another year before contributing makes so much sense for the Jets. 

Archived