Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

So a lot of you guys know by now that I feel Tony Pauline is a fairly trusty source when it comes to  free agency rumors because of what he hears in mobile and Indianapolis. Word is Norwalk is going to be Gettleman’s top target in FA and the Jets will pursue Weston Richburg. Also, he mentions that the Jets will be looking to replace Carpenter. 

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

So a lot of you guys know by now that I feel Tony Pauline is a fairly trusty source when it comes to  free agency rumors because of what he hears in mobile and Indianapolis. Word is Norwalk is going to be Gettleman’s top target in FA and the Jets will pursue Weston Richburg. Also, he mentions that the Jets will be looking to replace Carpenter. 

That’s great news. Upgrades at C and LG

37 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

This all makes sense. Richburg is a good fit and he doesn't have to move. The giants will prioritize Pugh which will likely make Richburg available. 

Getting rid of Carpenter makes sense now also since he is not a good fit for zone blocking. It'll be best for both parties to part ways.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

I want them both let's steal Richburg while his is targeting Norwell and then swoop in and out bid him for Norwell after Richburg is signed.

22 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

#SeniorBowl: #PennState WR DaeSean Hamilton has had himself a week after getting the call up from the Shrine Game. Has given teams a very good impression. Won a lot of reps in a good week. #Cowboys, #Jets and #Chargers all had long interviews with him.

Was listening to them breakdown the WRs today and they said Washington looks great. He won’t make it to our 2nd Rounder unfortunately. They praised Hamilton on his route running which I love. They also talked highly of Moore who I’ve mocked to us several times in the mid Rounds. Was a real sleeper with good size, but not sure he’s a sleeper anymore.

26 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

#SeniorBowl: #PennState WR DaeSean Hamilton has had himself a week after getting the call up from the Shrine Game. Has given teams a very good impression. Won a lot of reps in a good week. #Cowboys, #Jets and #Chargers all had long interviews with him.

DaeSean Hamilton has one of the more inspiring stories. I am really rooting for him to succeed.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

#SeniorBowl: Just based on prospect interest, I expect the #Cowboys, #Steelers, #Jets and #Chargers to all be solid buyers in the wide receiver market either in free agency or the draft the next few months.

via Charles Robinson

Dez on the move? I'd like him on Jets. He's quite the personality, but I haven't heard of anyone questioning his work ethic and passion for the game.

46 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Dez on the move? I'd like him on Jets. He's quite the personality, but I haven't heard of anyone questioning his work ethic and passion for the game.

Dez and Robby together? We might as well have the cops at the press conference to arrest both of them then just to save time. All kidding aside... with us trying to change the culture of this team I don't see Dez coming here, although I do see him getting traded. It's odd the teams mentioned besides us that report bc they all have pretty good WRs. So really we are the only ones who make sense for him in that group.

7 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Do any of you fine folks know if your former DC Mike Pettine coached from the sidelines or from the press box on game days?  Just curious ... haven't been able to get an answer for this elsewhere.

Press Box but he didn’t call plays for us. Maybe a Bills fan could give more insight. 

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

No thanks.  Dez isn't the same guy anymore.  I think all of his injuries have made him into a lesser player.  The guy hasn't had a 1000 yard season since 2014.... hell he hasn't had a 900 yard season since 2014.

If we want to upgrade at WR I think Landry is going to be our best bet.  Allen Robinson would be my choice but it sounds like he is going to get tagged.

Archived