Jump to content
xenajets

Offseason news/rumours

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

He shouldn’t be deciplined  for something he didn’t do. 

Umm he got in trouble, that was clear. This is the second time he's got into something, big or small it doesn't matter. And getting away with it isn't going to help his growth as a person. These are life lessons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He's still going to get in trouble for reckless driving. Probably not enough to suspend him though. The point is he's showing immaturity and recklessness. When someone is showing that repeatedly they think they're above the law and when not disciplined... they normally don't change. So I absolutely still see him as a bad character guy and a risk. this ruling today doesn't change that at all.

But you are assuming the police officer is telling the truth about the reckless driving. This same police office lied under oath. Leads me to believe he stretched the truth about the reckless driving as well. His was also involved in two other cases where he made stuff up. 

Our jails should be reserved for people who break the law. Not sure what to think of Robby’s character, but we can’t say put him in jail just because we think it’ll help him out. That’s not how our judicial system should work. I don’t see Goodell suspending him either. He may get a game as a warning from the league.

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Umm he got in trouble, that was clear. This is the second time he's got into something, big or small it doesn't matter. And getting away with it isn't going to help his growth as a person. These are life lessons.

There’s a difference between getting away with something you did wrong and not getting punished for something you didn’t do. Not sure what the future holds for Robby, but in this situation, the cop is the one that needs to be investigated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

There’s a difference between getting away with something you did wrong and not getting punished for something you didn’t do. Not sure what the future holds for Robby, but in this situation, the cop is the one that needs to be investigated.

Cops are mostly corrupt from what I've seen in my life but Robby has put himself into situations he could have avoided multiple times that's all I'm saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Cops are mostly corrupt from what I've seen in my life but Robby has put himself into situations he could have avoided multiple times that's all I'm saying. 

That's the part of am struggling with. He has put himself in these situations which he needs to learn not to do (he needs start by not going to Florida). Before reading the back story on this cop, I was taking all this in stride. 

I think Robby will have a decent case when discussing this incident with the league. As it stands, I think at worse he gets a game. Still TBD though. The driving reckless charge is a serious charge. But that requires proof that Robby disregarded the safety of people. That's going to be a tough case giving the history of this cop. Plus the radar gun was faulty. I think that'll get dropped as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

But you are assuming the police officer is telling the truth about the reckless driving. This same police office lied under oath. Leads me to believe he stretched the truth about the reckless driving as well. His was also involved in two other cases where he made stuff up. 

Our jails should be reserved for people who break the law. Not sure what to think of Robby’s character, but we can’t say put him in jail just because we think it’ll help him out. That’s not how our judicial system should work. I don’t see Goodell suspending him either. He may get a game as a warning from the league.

If it were Adams that was in this situation.. I'd think differently and give him the benefit of the doubt. But its Anderson, therefor I wont give him the benefit of the doubt. The guys been an issue since he's been in HS. Hence why he went to Temple and went undrafted. His skill set has always been there. But he's an idiot off the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If it were Adams that was in this situation.. I'd think differently and give him the benefit of the doubt. But its Anderson, therefor I wont give him the benefit of the doubt. The guys been an issue since he's been in HS. Hence why he went to Temple and went undrafted. His skill set has always been there. But he's an idiot off the field.

To use his past against him is a fail.

Theres actually people who mature after awhile and learn from their mistakes.

Innocent until proven guilty.

 

Cant automatically side with a cop because they're supposed to be honest. Cops lie too. And using a cry wolf like theory against Robby is pointless. Every situation is different and has happened at different ages.

 

Let's be honest. With the way he looks, his crazy hair and probably drives a nice car. He's a target. Especially if in an urban area. We call that "looking hot" where I'm from.

Edited by DowNY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys think we get new Jersey’s tonight? Hope so we’re turning to a new chapter with the franchise and I think it’s time we move on to a new look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

You guys think we get new Jersey’s tonight? Hope so we’re turning to a new chapter with the franchise and I think it’s time we move on to a new look.

Maybe next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

You guys think we get new Jersey’s tonight? Hope so we’re turning to a new chapter with the franchise and I think it’s time we move on to a new look.

Apparently not. Damn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was looking at the roster breakdown and I totally forgot we signed Kevin Minter somehow. Hidden great signing. Puts a lot of pressure on Lee to perform in a make or break type season for him. Obviously we all want Lee to do great. But Minter is probably one of the best 3rd ILBs in the league. A very strong ILB group with Williamson, Lee and Minter. I expect us to create a lot of pressure in different ways this year with no edge. I still have that small bit of hope we try and trade for Fowler or Ray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

No need to trade for fowler or Ray. We can just pick them up as FA next year.

You make it like there's not 31 other teams that they can sign with. Hence why trading a mid/late round pick would guarantee us one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doubt Fowler hits the market tbh, not a fan of Ray rather go after Shaq Barrett or maybe make a move for Zadarius Smith from the Ravens.

Edited by Dr.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

You make it like there's not 31 other teams that they can sign with. Hence why trading a mid/late round pick would guarantee us one of them.

I don't think those guys will create that much on the open market. Just because you were a high draft pick does not mean you are good. Both of these guys have been injured and had very little to no production. I would rather go a different route. I also would like to add the jets have never really had an edge rusher and use up the middle push with lock down corners to get the rush. I really don't see a need for one because it does not fit this D. I also think edge rusher are overrated and over priced. I would rather have lock down CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×