Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

42 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Doubt Fowler hits the market tbh, not a fan of Ray rather go after Shaq Barrett or maybe make a move for Zadarius Smith from the Ravens.

Ya the Jags already said they plan on extending Fowler.

14 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't think those guys will create that much on the open market. Just because you were a high draft pick does not mean you are good. Both of these guys have been injured and had very little to no production. I would rather go a different route. I also would like to add the jets have never really had an edge rusher and use up the middle push with lock down corners to get the rush. I really don't see a need for one because it does not fit this D. I also think edge rusher are overrated and over priced. I would rather have lock down CB.

We haven't used an edge rusher bc he haven't had one. Its like saying we don't like throwing the ball a ton. No... we didn't have a QB that can win the game with his arm... that's why.

11 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Julio Jones skipping OTAs because of contract.

Falcons drafted Calvin Ridley in round 1.

Would you guys make an offer for Julio? & if so, what would the offer be?

He isn't going anywhere. He just wants a slight pay increase. He's actually being a baby about the whole thing. He's the 8th highest paid WR, its not like he's not making money. Considering he just came off a season he only had 3 TDs. He doesn't have much to stand on. I don't think he's going anywhere, therefor me throwing out an offer is pointless.

The city of Atlanta will burn down if they traded Julio. They're going to pay him, but they'll lose others because of cap space. They have to pay others like Dion Jones. Trufant is still making money as well. It's going to be tight for them. 

14 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

The city of Atlanta will burn down if they traded Julio. They're going to pay him, but they'll lose others because of cap space. They have to pay others like Dion Jones. Trufant is still making money as well. It's going to be tight for them. 

Tevin Coleman is basically on the way out because of what you said.

12 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Tevin Coleman is basically on the way out because of what you said.

Yeah, I can see that happening. Wouldn't be a bad move for us if Crowell doesn't work out. Don't be surprised if the Falcons look into cutting one of their CB's or a few vets to make room for Julio. I can see them signing Julio to an extension and next offseason they will make some cuts.

4 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, I can see that happening. Wouldn't be a bad move for us if Crowell doesn't work out. Don't be surprised if the Falcons look into cutting one of their CB's or a few vets to make room for Julio. I can see them signing Julio to an extension and next offseason they will make some cuts.

Rick I think Rawls & Crowell are going to be a pleasant surprise. The thing I worried about is the Offensive line, I hope it holds up. 

35 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Rick I think Rawls & Crowell are going to be a pleasant surprise. The thing I worried about is the Offensive line, I hope it holds up. 

I expect Rawls to not even make the team unless Crowell or Powell get injured. I'd like to see McGuire get more action in the passing game. All the other lack that speed and open field miss factor.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I expect Rawls to not even make the team unless Crowell or Powell get injured. I'd like to see McGuire get more action in the passing game. All the other lack that speed and open field miss factor.

Ya i really don't expect much out of Rawls.  He had a few good games that skewed his stats as a rookie, and then for 2 years straight was either injured or playing terrible.

After listening to Christian Hackenberg speak on Tuesday, Newsday believes he is "tired of the Jets and wants to be elsewhere."

As NFL.com's Dan Hanzus quipped on Twitter, "one imagines the feeling is very much mutual." Hack spent most of his presser talking up his supposedly revamped throwing motion and throwing shade on his past coaching with the Jets. He apparently believes it's their fault he hasn't known how to properly throw a football at the NFL level. It's become a matter of when, not if, Hack is cut. His market will not be hot.

I thought this was kind of funny. Sounds like Hack wants out and I think we as Jets fans want the same. Only Mac thinks he can save him. 

Archived