Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

6 hours ago, DowNY said:

Chris Johnson in support of protests.

Said he'll personally pay for any fines from his players. I like this guy waaaaaay more than Woody.

And yet the Johnson ownership group insisted the Jet's administrative staff take unpaid furloughs during the recession of 2008. People who probably make 40,000 per year, if that. Kinda symbolizes the hypocrisy of the elites, and the push back we are seeing today.

21 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Bridgewater has shown he can play in this league though. Health is his only issue. So if he shows he is his old self. He is the best QB atm. He’s not the future here being that we drafted Darnold... but I’d like to see him start over mccown.

He hasn't played in two years, and was essentially asked not to screw up in Minnesota. I agree with playing him over McCown 100%, I am just not sold on him being better than anyone yet, ESPECIALLY after ONE single OTA practice! The situation however, is miles ahead of last season thank god. 

11 hours ago, ekill08x said:

He hasn't played in two years, and was essentially asked not to screw up in Minnesota. I agree with playing him over McCown 100%, I am just not sold on him being better than anyone yet, ESPECIALLY after ONE single OTA practice! The situation however, is miles ahead of last season thank god. 

Well the fact is that Darnold will have to play incredible to start Week 1. Im sure a lot of coaches think just like a lot of us that playing McCown is rather pointless. Making Teddy the more than likely Week 1 starter hopefully if he shows he healthy and like the QB he was 2 years ago.

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Well the fact is that Darnold will have to play incredible to start Week 1. Im sure a lot of coaches think just like a lot of us that playing McCown is rather pointless. Making Teddy the more than likely Week 1 starter hopefully if he shows he healthy and like the QB he was 2 years ago.

So far what they say is Bridgewater has looked good in practice. It is a lot easer for a 25 year old player like TB  to come back from a serious injury than a player in this thirties. I can't see Darnold, starting the season, the kid is only 20 years old, there is no reason why the Jets should push to start him. Darnold, is going to be around for a long time, so let this thing playout, and we will be fine.  The best scenario is Bridgewater starts the season, Darnold,  learns the system, and Mc Cown, stays on the sidelines counting his 10 million dollars.

The best man will play it's pretty simple.  The reason McCown kept playing over Hack/Petty is that both were terrible QB's.

The best thing is both play really well and we feel comfortable enough to start Darnold day 1.  That way TB becomes trade bait and if a team loses their QB early on he would have 2nd round value.  

If Darnold is not ready you start TB and let Darnold continue to develop.  Either way both hopefully play really well and we can benefit greatly from having two good young QB's.

Let's go a little further into TC both we start anointing TB back and better than Darnold. 

44 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I actually don’t think we trade TB. That’s just guessing though. Trade him for a 2nd Rounder? Why so we never play the guy and trade him a couple years later for a 7th? No thank you.

Lets hope we are behind all those second round blunders from the past. Our concern right now is the O line, lets just hope it does not fall apart during the season, that would set everything back. 

17 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Lets hope we are behind all those second round blunders from the past. Our concern right now is the O line, lets just hope it does not fall apart during the season, that would set everything back. 

I agree on both counts. There were a lot of good players we could haven taken in the second round over the years, we just didn’t. The OL protects the QB and allows the running game to take place. IMO we should be drafting OL players every year. 

18 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I agree on both counts. There were a lot of good players we could haven taken in the second round over the years, we just didn’t. The OL protects the QB and allows the running game to take place. IMO we should be drafting OL players every year. 

Our probelm is we never take the good obvious choice in the mid Rounds. We take these guys we have to do research on and hope. And it never turns out well.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I actually don’t think we trade TB. That’s just guessing though. Trade him for a 2nd Rounder? Why so we never play the guy and trade him a couple years later for a 7th? No thank you.

Are you saying you wouldn't trade Teddy for a 2nd rounder if Darnold looks close to ready and a team is offering it up?

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Are you saying you wouldn't trade Teddy for a 2nd rounder if Darnold looks close to ready and a team is offering it up?

I’d only be ok with trading him if it were to start Darnold. Not start McCown for 8 games then go to a Darnold. It’s so hard as a fan to watch these 35-40yr olds QB this team. It’s been too many years for us as fans to have to deal with. So if keeping TB around us enough to not start McCown then yes I can careless about that 2nd Rounder. We can’t seem to draft well there anyway. So I’d rather atleast jeep ya as fans excited for the team each week with not trading TB rather than add that 2nd. Now if trading TB means Darnold starts immediately... then yes trade TB. To sum up... I think we’re completely wasting the team and fans time by starting McCown in any way this year. Unless an emergency pops up. 

I think most of us never expected to wind up with Darnold in the QB lottery. We were expecting the pick to be Mayfield or Rosen,  who were much better candidates to start sooner rather than later.

The overwhelming opinion of writers and pundits was the Jets shouldn't waste any time throwing Darnold into the starting role, but based on the opinion of scouts, he needs some work.He's a very young prospect,  having to learn a new offense, as they all do.

I prefer he not be considered to start week one.  Lets take the route the Jets did with Pennington,  allowing the veteran to continue to start, while Darnold learns the system and works on fixing his technique.  Doing it this way also allows time to see how best to build a team around him.See which receivers he works best with, make assessments of the OL and what may or may not be needed there.Why throw him out there on a team that probably still isn't any good? He strikes me as a player that the Jets will either make or break in how they handle him.

Archived