Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

I'm stalking the LB's in the next free agent class. Raiders still haven't paid Khalil Mack. But I think they'll figure it out. But I do think we'll be in the running for Anthony Barr. Doesn't have sexy stats, but a big part of that is him being a 6'5 250lbs LB in a 4-3 scheme. He's 100% 34 OLB. 

I do think this will be the year Bowles blitz more now that he finally has a secondary that can handle it. I'm picking Lee to have the biggest year out of the LB's. 

A guy I'm really going to pay attention to this year is Chicago's WR Kevin White. Guy just cant stay healthy. But I really loved the guy leading up to that draft. Apparently we really liked him as well. If he can stay healthy this year, produces and hits FA, I'd take the risk on him. From a skill set standpoint he has everything you want in a guy.

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

A guy I'm really going to pay attention to this year is Chicago's WR Kevin White. Guy just cant stay healthy. But I really loved the guy leading up to that draft. Apparently we really liked him as well. If he can stay healthy this year, produces and hits FA, I'd take the risk on him. From a skill set standpoint he has everything you want in a guy.

I will pass on him. I think he is a bust. I just don't see him as an NFL starter. I see him as a 4 or 5 WR with declining talent with the injuries he has added up. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I will pass on him. I think he is a bust. I just don't see him as an NFL starter. I see him as a 4 or 5 WR with declining talent with the injuries he has added up. 

See I don’t understand how you can say that. He hasn’t stayed healthy. He’s in fact only played 5 games in his career. So we have no clue what he can really do. Hence why I said if he stays healthy and has a productive year. The skill set is there. It’s just being able to showcase it.

No thanks on KWhite hasn’t shown anything in his limited playing time and he’s made of glass, if we went the FA WR route(which I don’t think we do) I’d go after Tyrell Williams, Big target, good deep threat and if we decided to move on from Robby he could be the perfect replacement

On 6/9/2018 at 9:19 AM, Bobby816 said:

See I don’t understand how you can say that. He hasn’t stayed healthy. He’s in fact only played 5 games in his career. So we have no clue what he can really do. Hence why I said if he stays healthy and has a productive year. The skill set is there. It’s just being able to showcase it.

Same logic as you have given for giving up on Devin Smith from your past posts.  Pass on White.  Other fish in the sea.

2 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Same logic as you have given for giving up on Devin Smith from your past posts.  Pass on White.  Other fish in the sea.

White is/was quite a bit more talented than Smith. That’s why he went top 10. I don’t want to sign him unless he stays healthy and produces like I said. I never said go after him no matter what. But he’s a per fest candidate to buy low on and maybe get a return. It’s not like we are loaded at skill position talent.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

White is/was quite a bit more talented than Smith. That’s why he went top 10. I don’t want to sign him unless he stays healthy and produces like I said. I never said go after him no matter what. But he’s a per fest candidate to buy low on and maybe get a return. It’s not like we are loaded at skill position talent.

Not worth it bro, injuries kill talent.  Would not have faith in a player like that. 

1.  He has a good year and someone over pays for him

2. More of the same form him and not worth the time or roster spot

Not to mention he is getting old quickly as he will be 27 start of next years camp.  There will be much better options for us via FA or the draft then White.

9 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Not worth it bro, injuries kill talent.  Would not have faith in a player like that. 

1.  He has a good year and someone over pays for him

2. More of the same form him and not worth the time or roster spot

Not to mention he is getting old quickly as he will be 27 start of next years camp.  There will be much better options for us via FA or the draft then White.

Odds are we need 2 or more WRs next season. So with a weak FA class and no 2nd Rounder we will have to get creative to add skill there.

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

We'll have to wait to see what happens with this WR core. Probably the deepest position we have, but there are a lot of questions. I didn't think Pryor would still be in a boot at this time. 

He’s on a 1yr dal and is 30. Kearse is a FA after this year. As well as Enunwa. If Enunwa can’t stay healthy... that’s ya losing 3 WRs leaving us with Robby (off the field issues) and 2 unproven guys in Hansen and Stewart. So while this year it’s a deep position... next year it’s not. And with a potential franchise QB needing weapons. It shouldn’t be a position we just throw out late round draft picks for him to throw to.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

He’s on a 1yr dal and is 30. Kearse is a FA after this year. As well as Enunwa. If Enunwa can’t stay healthy... that’s ya losing 3 WRs leaving us with Robby (off the field issues) and 2 unproven guys in Hansen and Stewart. So while this year it’s a deep position... next year it’s not. And with a potential franchise QB needing weapons. It shouldn’t be a position we just throw out late round draft picks for him to throw to.

You are assuming a lot with that post.  Kearse is a really solid WR so why can't we just resign him.  Q should be fine there is no reason to assume he'll get hurt again any more so then any other WR in the league.  Everything I've read is that there is nothing to suggest reinjury is more likely than the first time it happened.

Have a long way to go before we are in need of 2 WR's next year. I really want to see what Hansen can do this year.  

On 6/9/2018 at 9:19 AM, Bobby816 said:

You constantly knock our weapons for having question marks and you want Kevin White? I am confused. 

Q, Robby, Hansen and Stewart should all be back next year and they’re all young and growing. Robby has played well, Q kills it inside and Hansen has made great improvements according to reports. Stewart hasn’t shown much but it’s year 2. 

I could see us drafting 1 and signing 1 depending on how Pryor looks. He’s the X-Factor for our offense IMO.

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

You constantly knock our weapons for having question marks and you want Kevin White? I am confused. 

Please read my 1st post. I said if he’s healthy and produces this season I’d take a look at him. If he doesn’t then obviously No. 

Archived