Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Please read my 1st post. I said if he’s healthy and produces this season I’d take a look at him. If he doesn’t then obviously No. 

Still makes no sense. Hes still a question mark, and has been unsuccessful. You are more concerned with receivers that we have that have actually put up numbers. 

5 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Still makes no sense. Hes still a question mark, and has been unsuccessful. You are more concerned with receivers that we have that have actually put up numbers. 

Of course he's a question mark. Just like Anderson and Enunwa are for us. I bring this all up bc they are question marks. I think people don't understand the extent of Enunwa's injury really. Its not like it was a torn ACL or a rotator cuff surgery. It was a major neck injury in a sport that you get hit for as a living. The injury risk is very large for him now. Also might affect how hard he plays bc he knows what's at stake getting hit again. Which does not at all compare to other injuries like knees. Anderson is a question mark for whole other reasons. But at the end of the day he's a question mark. So that leaves Pryor and Kearse. Guys who will be 30 and 29 next off season that are FAs. Hardly a good core to build around at that age. I wont say anything positive or negative regarding Hansen or Stewart bc they haven't played really. I am hopeful they carve out roles for this team. Bc we need it. So we can even play the 50% game. Let's say Robby stays out of trouble but Enunwa either gets injured again or just doesn't look the same. Surely we aren't bringing back Pryor AND Kearse. So that leaves us with a WR group next year of Anderson, Kearse, Hansen and Stewart. Far from impressive. See what I'm saying?!?! I was simply bringing up White as a buy low type guy. Was Claiborne not bothered by Injuries his whole career as well (I know he played a lot more than White). But still he was a risk that we took a shot on. I bring his name up as a guy to possibly bring in on a cheap deal that maybe stays healthy. All this pending he stays healthy and looks good this season. High risk high reward type signing which Macc has shown he really likes to do i.e. Long, Swanson, Pryor just this offseason. The FA market at WR doesn't look great. And since we will probably need 2 WRs taking a shot on a guy like White shouldn't be ruled out if he shows health this season.

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Of course he's a question mark. Just like Anderson and Enunwa are for us. I bring this all up bc they are question marks. I think people don't understand the extent of Enunwa's injury really. Its not like it was a torn ACL or a rotator cuff surgery. It was a major neck injury in a sport that you get hit for as a living. The injury risk is very large for him now. Also might affect how hard he plays bc he knows what's at stake getting hit again. Which does not at all compare to other injuries like knees. Anderson is a question mark for whole other reasons. But at the end of the day he's a question mark. So that leaves Pryor and Kearse. Guys who will be 30 and 29 next off season that are FAs. Hardly a good core to build around at that age. I wont say anything positive or negative regarding Hansen or Stewart bc they haven't played really. I am hopeful they carve out roles for this team. Bc we need it. So we can even play the 50% game. Let's say Robby stays out of trouble but Enunwa either gets injured again or just doesn't look the same. Surely we aren't bringing back Pryor AND Kearse. So that leaves us with a WR group next year of Anderson, Kearse, Hansen and Stewart. Far from impressive. See what I'm saying?!?! I was simply bringing up White as a buy low type guy. Was Claiborne not bothered by Injuries his whole career as well (I know he played a lot more than White). But still he was a risk that we took a shot on. I bring his name up as a guy to possibly bring in on a cheap deal that maybe stays healthy. All this pending he stays healthy and looks good this season. High risk high reward type signing which Macc has shown he really likes to do i.e. Long, Swanson, Pryor just this offseason. The FA market at WR doesn't look great. And since we will probably need 2 WRs taking a shot on a guy like White shouldn't be ruled out if he shows health this season.

You can't compare Q and Anderson to White.  Q and Anderson have actually had some level of success in the league.  White is a huge bust so far.  Three years, played a total of 5 games and has not shown any promise during the games he has played.  As a matter of fact, I would say White is the biggest bust of the 2015 draft hands down. If your looking to compare him to anyone on our roster it is Smith.

If Smith suddenly stayed healthy and had a 1,000 yard receiving year, would you pay big money to lock him up if you were another WR needy team?  If your answer is no, then why would we want White under the same circumstance. 

7 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

You can't compare Q and Anderson to White.  Q and Anderson have actually had some level of success in the league.  White is a huge bust so far.  Three years, played a total of 5 games and has not shown any promise during the games he has played.  As a matter of fact, I would say White is the biggest bust of the 2015 draft hands down. If your looking to compare him to anyone on our roster it is Smith.

If Smith suddenly stayed healthy and had a 1,000 yard receiving year, would you pay big money to lock him up if you were another WR needy team?  If your answer is no, then why would we want White under the same circumstance. 

Who said anything about big money. No matter what White does this season he won’t get “big” money bc of his past. Smith is a very good comparison for him. Except that White has a lot more talent. Hence why he was drafted 7th overall. My bringing up of White as an option was pending him staying healthy and only requiring a low risk high regard type contract offered to him. Being we aren’t loaded with “young” WRs. He’s be a decent option if healthy on a cheaper deal.

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Who said anything about big money. No matter what White does this season he won’t get “big” money bc of his past. Smith is a very good comparison for him. Except that White has a lot more talent. Hence why he was drafted 7th overall. My bringing up of White as an option was pending him staying healthy and only requiring a low risk high regard type contract offered to him. Being we aren’t loaded with “young” WRs. He’s be a decent option if healthy on a cheaper deal.

Because that is what he will seek (big money) if he has a big year.  And someone will give it to him and I would not want it to be the Jets.  I would not classify White as young since he will be 27 start of next year. 

Only way he comes cheap is if he stays healthy and has a mediocre year.  But again, would not be interested in that with a young QB.  There are two types of WR IMO that are perfect for a young QB (aside from a stud in his prime - i.e. Brown, Hopkins today).  1) Vet on the downside that can still be productive but also offer some leadership/safety net for the young QB till you find a young stud  and 2) The young stud that can mesh and grow up with a young QB.  White does not fit into either of those categories.  He is just not an attractive option for us under any scenario IMO..

Agree to disagree on this one.

1 hour ago, Sapo28 said:

Seeing that Hack already got the axe in Oakland makes me wonder why we kept him around as long as we did? 

Do we still get a pick out of this?! 

-edit

we don’t get to keep the pick :|

The pick was going to be a 7th so it wasn’t worth much regardless. And the reason he was kept around is simple really. We didn’t have a potential long term plan for anyone at QB. For a franchise that’s awful. There has to be some optimism somewhere. Most of us all knew he looked bad in preseason last year. But still that wasn’t an actual game... so there was that tiny bit of hope still. Once Darnold was brought in it was pointless to keep him. Hence why we let him go. So to sum it up was the reason he was kept around was bc there was no better long term option on the roster. For a fan base it’s hard to watch games thinking there’s no future. I mean we all were even knowing how bad he was wanted him in te last few games last year. Just to see. Darnold in. Therefor that optimism roster spot at QB he was holding got outdone.

Bowles stated today that Lee is calling signals for the defense not Williamson. Surprising. Lee doesn’t appear as a leader really. I’d love it if he became one and his play was better. So maybe Bowles giving him this responsibility will make him have confidence in his play. We will see. 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, rickyt31 said:

We'll have to wait to see what happens with this WR core. Probably the deepest position we have, but there are a lot of questions. I didn't think Pryor would still be in a boot at this time. 

Yea Rick I agree with you, it really is a wait and see situation with all the WR's we have on the roster. There are so many question with the WR;s, we won't know who makes the roster till the end of training camp. And the TE position is another big question mark. I have been waiting for years for us to get a real TE. This year we drafted another TE, and he ended up in the drunk tank.

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Yea Rick I agree with you, it really is a wait and see situation with all the WR's we have on the roster. There are so many question with the WR;s, we won't know who makes the roster till the end of training camp. And the TE position is another big question mark. I have been waiting for years for us to get a real TE. This year we drafted another TE, and he ended up in the drunk tank.

Yeah, but I think someone will stand out at TE. I've been a fan of sterling and he has been looking good. Legget, Herndon, Walford, Hodges, and Tomlinson are still in the mix. My question for the position is " Who will be the guy" not " do we have the guy". 

If Pryor, Anderson, Enunwa, and Kearse are healthy by week 1, that's a group you can win with. We just don't know their health situation. Teams won't be able to stack the box and that will open things up for Crowell. It's going to be interesting. 

I just bought a Sam Darnold rookie card and Jamal Adams rookie card that there is only 1 of made. If they light it up this season, I could make a lot of money. lol

On 6/11/2018 at 10:39 PM, Bobby816 said:

Everything I've read about Q is that there is nothing suggesting that he is at a greater risk to get hurt again.  Not sure why you keep pushing the narrative that he is fragile and one hit away.  He is one hit away but no more than anybody else from all the things I've read.  I think Q and Anderson are long term WR pieces here and I think Hansen has a really good shot to be as well.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Everything I've read about Q is that there is nothing suggesting that he is at a greater risk to get hurt again.  Not sure why you keep pushing the narrative that he is fragile and one hit away.  He is one hit away but no more than anybody else from all the things I've read.  I think Q and Anderson are long term WR pieces here and I think Hansen has a really good shot to be as well.

This logic really doesn’t make sense to me. Have you ever had a major surgery?!?! I’ve blown my same knee out completely twice from football (torn ACL, MCL, PCL and cracked my femur both times). To say I played the same after each one would be a lie. And I was a QB. I was constantly guarding it when getting ready to get hit from the 1st year on. And relatively speaking a knee is nothing compared to a neck. Everything around your neck is valuable. Of course he’s going to guard it. I can guarantee you he won’t lower his head at all costs anymore bc of it. And to say he’s no greater risk than another player isn’t true either. He’s had it repaired now once. The likelyhood of it happening again is greater than someone elses bc you know that part of his body is exposed to it. That’s like saying Devin smith should make the team bc he’s no more a risk than someone else. Of course he is. He’s shown a injured past. Now Enunwa is part of that group. When an injury doesn’t really matter  for a WR is mostly hand/arm related like a broken hand, fingers, shoulder, etc. But to think he’s not a risk is simply false. And bigger risk than that of a guy like Hansen let’s say. If he was coming off an ACL I’d say I’d be ok with him not getting injured. But a major neck injury is a different story. And regards to him in camp and recovery... as he been hit yet? The answer is no. And that’s what his risk is. He can look like Julio Jones out there all padless no helmet no contact practice. But you put someone across from him who wants to hit him. It changes after a neck injury.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This logic really doesn’t make sense to me. Have you ever had a major surgery?!?! I’ve blown my same knee out completely twice from football (torn ACL, MCL, PCL and cracked my femur both times). To say I played the same after each one would be a lie. And I was a QB. I was constantly guarding it when getting ready to get hit from the 1st year on. And relatively speaking a knee is nothing compared to a neck. Everything around your neck is valuable. Of course he’s going to guard it. I can guarantee you he won’t lower his head at all costs anymore bc of it. And to say he’s no greater risk than another player isn’t true either. He’s had it repaired now once. The likelyhood of it happening again is greater than someone elses bc you know that part of his body is exposed to it. That’s like saying Devin smith should make the team bc he’s no more a risk than someone else. Of course he is. He’s shown a injured past. Now Enunwa is part of that group. When an injury doesn’t really matter  for a WR is mostly hand/arm related like a broken hand, fingers, shoulder, etc. But to think he’s not a risk is simply false. And bigger risk than that of a guy like Hansen let’s say. If he was coming off an ACL I’d say I’d be ok with him not getting injured. But a major neck injury is a different story. And regards to him in camp and recovery... as he been hit yet? The answer is no. And that’s what his risk is. He can look like Julio Jones out there all padless no helmet no contact practice. But you put someone across from him who wants to hit him. It changes after a neck injury.

I'm not a doctor and I'm guessing neither are you.  I'm just telling you what I read about his injury.  You keep saying he's a walking time bomb ready to blow at any second and I'm telling you they are saying he is not at any greater risk to re injure his neck based on the injury type (bulging disk)  

And no I don't think people who tear their ACL's are at a greater risk.  Mentally there may be some truth to what you are saying but that's not what I was talking about.  You don't know his state of mind, everyone is different some take longer than others to forget about it.  Others just go back to playing like nothing happened.

You plea for WR help is all based on a hypothetical situation where Q gets hurt, Anderson get arrested, we watch Pryor and Kearse walk for nothing and Hansen/Stewart are busts.

I however don't think WR is a major need outside of a maybe a good value mid rounder.  Q will bounce back nicely and be a 1k WR.  Anderson will flirt with 1k again and be a big play threat, Kearse and Pyror will both contribute and Hansen will flash when given his chance.  Pryor and Kearse both have a few solid years left, they aren't 35.

We need a TE way more than WR's at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'm not a doctor and I'm guessing neither are you.  I'm just telling you what I read about his injury.  You keep saying he's a walking time bomb ready to blow at any second and I'm telling you they are saying he is not at any greater risk to re injure his neck based on the injury type (bulging disk)  

And no I don't think people who tear their ACL's are at a greater risk.  Mentally there may be some truth to what you are saying but that's not what I was talking about.  You don't know his state of mind, everyone is different some take longer than others to forget about it.  Others just go back to playing like nothing happened.

You plea for WR help is all based on a hypothetical situation where Q gets hurt, Anderson get arrested, we watch Pryor and Kearse walk for nothing and Hansen/Stewart are busts.

I however don't think WR is a major need outside of a maybe a good value mid rounder.  Q will bounce back nicely and be a 1k WR.  Anderson will flirt with 1k again and be a big play threat, Kearse and Pyror will both contribute and Hansen will flash when given his chance.  Pryor and Kearse both have a few solid years left, they aren't 35.

We need a TE way more than WR's at the moment. 

And I think that’s a very optimistic view. While mine is more pessimistic. So let’s say it’s in between. That still leaves us needing WR help going forward AS WELL AS Tight End and RB help more than likely. Not the best situation for a franchise QB. Not having very many long term guys to build his game with.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And I think that’s a very optimistic view. While mine is more pessimistic. So let’s say it’s in between. That still leaves us needing WR help going forward AS WELL AS Tight End and RB help more than likely. Not the best situation for a franchise QB. Not having very many long term guys to build his game with.

Might not need TE help, there is potential at the position.  It's really impossible to even speculate the 2019 roster and say we are going to need WR, TE, and RB help.  

Archived