Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

23 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Dez and Robby together? We might as well have the cops at the press conference to arrest both of them then just to save time. All kidding aside... with us trying to change the culture of this team I don't see Dez coming here, although I do see him getting traded. It's odd the teams mentioned besides us that report bc they all have pretty good WRs. So really we are the only ones who make sense for him in that group.

LOL you are killing me with this but you are so right. The sad thing is there is nothing funny about Anderson, all that talent might be going for waste.

Sounds like Le'Veon Bell is staying in Pittsburgh? 

To me that makes RB a higher priority than WR in terms of the draft. I think we should maybe look at free agency for a WR. Other than Bell, I don't really want to dive into free agency for a RB.

As @jetskid007 has mentioned several times... Jerrick McKinnon is a name to keep an eye on. Minnesota has Cook and Murray and won't pony up the money for him, so he will hit FA. Not a ton a mileage bc he's always been by committee. Can run, block and catch well. I see him as a fast MJD. For a little guy McKinnon is very strong as well. Really could be a feature back here. He's still only 25 too.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

As @jetskid007 has mentioned several times... Jerrick McKinnon is a name to keep an eye on. Minnesota has Cook and Murray and won't pony up the money for him, so he will hit FA. Not a ton a mileage bc he's always been by committee. Can run, block and catch well. I see him as a fast MJD. For a little guy McKinnon is very strong as well. Really could be a feature back here. He's still only 25 too.

All for bringing in McKinnon but think we need to add a power back to pair with him, a McKinnon-Royce Freeman combo would be lit

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

All for bringing in McKinnon but think we need to add a power back to pair with him, a McKinnon-Royce Freeman combo would be lit

I'd love to see us sign McKinnon and still draft a RB in Rounds 2-4. Powell if cut is only a 800k cap hit. I wouldn't mind at all turning the page and revamping this whole RB core with McKinnon, a bigger drafted RB and McGuire.

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd love to see us sign McKinnon and still draft a RB in Rounds 2-4. Powell if cut is only a 800k cap hit. I wouldn't mind at all turning the page and revamping this whole RB core with McKinnon, a bigger drafted RB and McGuire.

Kerryon Johnson, Josh Adams and Royce Freeman would all be nice complements.

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I still really like Michel and Jones III the best in this class (obviously excluding Barkley).

I do to but if we went the committee route we'd be really lacking in the power run game. In order of RBs I want personally would have to be Barkley, Michel, Jones, Guice, Johnson, Chubb, Wadley, Freeman, Adams, Penny.

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I do to but if we went the committee route we'd be really lacking in the power run game. In order of RBs I want personally would have to be Barkley, Michel, Jones, Guice, Johnson, Chubb, Wadley, Freeman, Adams, Penny.

Penny is high on my list. He's my target in Round 3 if he's there.

Archived