Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

14 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Lmao you took my post verbatim, ya beat me to it hahaha...he isnt worth what he wants. Sign Hill, draft another.

Bell doesn’t want to play here period lol he said something along the lines of “not even 60 mill is enough to run with the Jets”

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Bell doesn’t want to play here period lol he said something along the lines of “not even 60 mill is enough to run with the Jets”

He's gonna have a hard time getting anyone to pay that much for him. Only way I even see us targeting him if he's there in FA after we try and get a bunch of FA with our money and swing and miss on a bunch of them and still have loads of cap space we need to spend. So very unlikely he's a Jet.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Good, cant wait till he sees how humbling the market is for him. 15 mil a year for any RB is worse than 25 for Cousins!

10 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

He didn’t actually mean he wants 60 mill though guys.. it was more of a “no amount of money could get me to play for the Jets” which is hope isn’t a common feeling around the league 

Until we get a QB we aren't a desirable franchise.

26 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Good, cant wait till he sees how humbling the market is for him. 15 mil a year for any RB is worse than 25 for Cousins!

I am a huge Bell fan. Think he is heads and shoulders the best back in the league. Most patient runner I've ever seen blended with unbelievable receiving skills. Was all for giving him a ton of money if he hit FA. Yes, he has questions off the field but I think his talent is so superior.

However, after that response, I really hope the market is humbling for him. Now unless he is close to a deal with the Steelers, his agent has to be going nuts. His client just eliminated a team with potentially the most salary cap and a need for RB. I hope teams focus on his off the field issues, missing practice before Jags game, his ACL injury, talent on the Steelers roster, etc.

Bitter yes.

5 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

I am a huge Bell fan. Think he is heads and shoulders the best back in the league. Most patient runner I've ever seen blended with unbelievable receiving skills. Was all for giving him a ton of money if he hit FA. Yes, he has questions off the field but I think his talent is so superior.

However, after that response, I really hope the market is humbling for him. Now unless he is close to a deal with the Steelers, his agent has to be going nuts. His client just eliminated a team with potentially the most salary cap and a need for RB. I hope teams focus on his off the field issues, missing practice before Jags game, his ACL injury, talent on the Steelers roster, etc.

Bitter yes.

Jets' fraternal twin, Browns, are his last hope.

19 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

Bitter yes.

Spoke for a lot of Jets fan there. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Nah Im not a big LeVeon Bell guy. Think hes good, but he has an attitude and RBs are a dime a dozen, you dont overpay for one and very few should go high in the draft if ever. 

What's even funnier is he'll sign the longer term deal in PIT and Ben will retire after next season and they'll be terrible while we'll be on the up.  

Not that I would pay him anyway even if he wanted to be here.  I agree, dime a dozen, high wear and tear already and injury prone, hard pass.  Enjoy PIT.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

What's even funnier is he'll sign the longer term deal in PIT and Ben will retire after next season and they'll be terrible while we'll be on the up.  

Not that I would pay him anyway even if he wanted to be here.  I agree, dime a dozen, high wear and tear already and injury prone, hard pass.  Enjoy PIT.

Bell is elite there's no questioning that. But to pay a RB the money he apparently thinks he deserves upwards of is laughable. If I'm even Pitt I'd say no thank you for that money and just roll with Conner. He'll get humbled and sign a big deal with Pitt I'm sure eventually. Be he will be humbled 1st. Finding a great RB is a heck of a lot easier than every other position in the NFL.

Archived