Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

It's not your money and since when didn't you have to overpay in free agency for guys of his caliber?

Jimmy G just got 27.5, Kirk is getting way more than that.

We aren’t going to have cap space like this forever. He’s already proven he couldn’t get the job done in Washington with an average cast, so the push needs to happen soon.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

It's not your money and since when didn't you have to overpay in free agency for guys of his caliber?

Jimmy G just got 27.5, Kirk is getting way more than that.

You're talking about making him the highest paid player in the league by over 20%.  That's insanity.  

13 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Ok, 5 games.  They should've franchise tagged him and could've extending him during the season if he played well.

It’s honestly more impressive than anything Cousins has done.

They made the right move. They obviously believe he’s the guy. Yes it’s a small sample but you can see it 

11 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s honestly more impressive than anything Cousins has done.

They made the right move. They obviously believe he’s the guy. Yes it’s a small sample but you can see it 

That's nonsense.  I'm not saying you have to be pro-Cousins, but people like to point fingers and say he's not a winner he's on the most injury-prone team in a league that hasn't had a top 20 D since he's been there.  Meanwhile, nobody points fingers at Drew Brees for going 7-9 3 straight years.  Why?  Because it's not his fault.

25 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Ok, 5 games.  They should've franchise tagged him and could've extending him during the season if he played well.

Then if he does play great and guys like Cousins, Rodgers etc gets 30M+ you are paying him even more.  

It's a risk to pay him now because it's such a small sample but could pay off big if he lives up to it.  It could be a great deal at 27.5M when the others are getting 30+ 

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Then if he does play great and guys like Cousins, Rodgers etc gets 30M+ you are paying him even more.  

It's a risk to pay him now because it's such a small sample but could pay off big if he lives up to it.  It could be a great deal at 27.5M when the others are getting 30+ 

Not necessarily.  Either way, if he goes out and bombs, they're looking at the worst contract in NFL history.  It's just a very small sample size.

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

That's nonsense.  I'm not saying you have to be pro-Cousins, but people like to point fingers and say he's not a winner he's on the most injury-prone team in a league that hasn't had a top 20 D since he's been there.  Meanwhile, nobody points fingers at Drew Brees for going 7-9 3 straight years.  Why?  Because it's not his fault.

He still hasn’t beat good teams consistently in 3 entire seasons. That’s enough for me to notice a trend.

We don’t gave a top 20 defense either. 

And Brees is a HOFer who had HISTORICALLY bad defenses. why? Probably has to do with the cap issues

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not necessarily.  Either way, if he goes out and bombs, they're looking at the worst contract in NFL history.  It's just a very small sample size.

What do you mean not necessarily.  If he continues on his trajectory as the next great QB they could have him on a reasonable deal as the cap rises and the rest of the QB's get paid.

I didn't see the contract but it's likely a glorified 3 year deal with an out after that.  Lets say he does bomb out next year you are likely giving him another year to right the ship anyway which is two seasons if he bombs yet again then you are drafting a QB high and you really only have to eat 1 more year at 27M before getting out and moving on.

Worth the risk IMO.

9 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

He still hasn’t beat good teams consistently in 3 entire seasons. That’s enough for me to notice a trend.

We don’t gave a top 20 defense either. 

And Brees is a HOFer who had HISTORICALLY bad defenses. why? Probably has to do with the cap issues

Again, bad defenses.  We don't have a top 20 D, but we're trending.  And I know Brees is a hall of famer.  Just saying, you can't always point fingers at the QB.

Archived