Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

4 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

I don't see them cutting Houston personally.  They'll cut Tamba, D. Johnson, and maybe Dee Ford.  If they cut all three, they'll have around 30 mil in cap space, which is all that team really needs this off-season with so much young talent.

I’d gladly take Dee Ford then ??

On 2/12/2018 at 6:46 PM, Bobby816 said:

If we brought in Brown... Lee would never see the field bc he cant beat either of Davis or Brown out. I think this is a make or break year for Lee. I never liked the pick, but obviously hoped he'd prove me wrong and I still hope he does. I don't see the need to get a starting ILB as a huge need bc we should resign Davis and the potential "might" be there with Lee.

So be it then. Compete. This is a #%@$ing professional sport. No job is guaranteed especially the way he has played. I hated that pick so much.

ASJ turned down a two year 8 million contract. He had 50 receptions but for only 350 yards, but is good in the red zone. He is better than what we had for the last several years. He is just a hard guy to figure, we keep waiting for a break year from him . Like to see the Jets keep him,  but who knows.

Marcus Peters supposedly is in the trading block. If true then what would you give up for him/what would the Chiefs accept. Obviously they lost their first rounder so would like to recoup some picks. 

Would #49, #148 and maybe a player like Carpenter/Winters/Kearse be enough? 

33 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Marcus Peters supposedly is in the trading block. If true then what would you give up for him/what would the Chiefs accept. Obviously they lost their first rounder so would like to recoup some picks. 

I'd think they'd want a first for him.  Despite his troubles, he's close to an elite corner.  Given the Sheldon package last year, i'd think he'd command more playing at a more premium position and having another year on his rookie contract.

26 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'd think they'd want a first for him.  Despite his troubles, he's close to an elite corner.  Given the Sheldon package last year, i'd think he'd command more playing at a more premium position and having another year on his rookie contract.

Yeah he certainly would be an elite corner for us no doubt. I don’t think any teams in the top 20/25 would trade their first away but a team like NE or NO would make sense to trade their first. 

If we packaged a second and some mixture of player/more picks that could swing it. 

9 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Would love to get Peters depending on his price, 6? Absolutely not but maybe a package of 37, 4th, and Kearse(if we add another WR) definitely.

Yeah if we brought in someone like Jordon Mathews to replace Kearse then I’d trade him along with 37 and a fourth. 

Peters is a legit beast. 

9 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Yeah he certainly would be an elite corner for us no doubt. I don’t think any teams in the top 20/25 would trade their first away but a team like NE or NO would make sense to trade their first. 

If we packaged a second and some mixture of player/more picks that could swing it. 

That's what i'm thinking.  

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

The SEA pick is the absolute most I would consider trading for Peters.  I may even hesitate to do that.  I'd offer our third and another later pick like a 5th first and see if they bite.

Dude is a legit headcase and is a FA next year.  KC obviously doesn't want to pay him so they can keep him at a 1st round asking price.  

EDIT:  Forgot about the 5th year option on him.  The SEA pick would probably be more likely then since he could be controlled for 2 more years.

Archived