Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

12 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

I'm honestly shocked that people loved Chad Pennington but absolutely loathe the idea of signing Bridgewater. After Cousins, he's the second best option to go after if we're going the free agent route.

Well I think people liked Pennington BEFORE his injury.  I would have not minded Bridgewater BEFORE his leg exploded.  But even before both of their injuries Pennington was putting up better numbers with only the 22nd rated rushing O.  22 TD's to 6 Int's is better than anything Bridgewater has done.  Also Pennington was a home grown guy and a true Jets so obviously Jets fans have a spot in their heart for him, and tend to overrate our own guys.  

3 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

I loved Chad as much as the next guy, but you can't be a top five game manager if you can't be on the field. He gave us ONE season in which he played all the games. At the end of the day, Chad was one of the more overrated QB's in quite some time, he had more feel good stories about his career than actual football stories. Teddy already offers similar production to what Chad did.

That's fair that he never stayed on the field, but he was very good when he was on. In terms of Teddy, it's hard to say because he's only played two full seasons. 

7 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Well I think people liked Pennington BEFORE his injury.  I would have not minded Bridgewater BEFORE his leg exploded.  But even before both of their injuries Pennington was putting up better numbers with only the 22nd rated rushing O.  22 TD's to 6 Int's is better than anything Bridgewater has done.  Also Pennington was a home grown guy and a true Jets so obviously Jets fans have a spot in their heart for him, and tend to overrate our own guys.  

Yeah and it was essentially that one year for him. Like you said, we love our own guys and go to war for them. However if I were to tell you that...

We sign Bridgewater, Trumaine Johnson and Weston Richburg.

Draft Quentin Nelson, Gesicki/Andrews/Goedert and Rashaad Penny.

All of a sudden we have an offense that could actually be solid next year.

1 minute ago, Akomplice said:

Yeah and it was essentially that one year for him. Like you said, we love our own guys and go to war for them. However if I were to tell you that...

We sign Bridgewater, Trumaine Johnosn and Weston Richburg.

Potentially, but what does Bridgewater have left in the tank.  The was Zimmer was talking at the combine Bridgewater is still hampered by that knee.  He's only barely broken 3k yards before and that is with some talent around him.  

As much as I love Quenton.  I'd rather sign a CB, Weston, the best OG we can get (Norwell), A-Rob if he becomes available which may actually end up happening and then draft

a QB (Baker, Rosen, Sam, Lamar), then take a TE and Rashaad Penny.  There is no way those 4 QB's don't have a higher ceiling for longer and cheaper than Bridgewater.  Signing Bridgewater and not taking a chance on one of these QB's is the equivalent of Bowles punting all of the time and not taking chances when in the right field position.  It is the front office equivalent of playing scared and I am sick of it.  Especially after seeing the Eagles go out and get their QB and then go for every 4th down that made sense to go for and because of all that, win a superbowl.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

$$$$$$$$$

Yea but withno qb throwin them the ball they are better off taking less money and a shorter deal on a better team than a bigtime contract with us, where if the team doesnt find a qb hes gonna be a cap casualty anyway (in a yr or 2)

7 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

We sign Bridgewater, Trumaine Johnson and Weston Richburg.

Bridgewater, Richburg, Nelson, Penny would be phenomenal. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He's just as risky as drafting a QB at 6.

The difference is he's coming off major injury. With that said, it's definitely as risky but in different ways. You'll get competent QB play from Teddy but his ceiling is limited. Anyone we draft, we have no clue what we're getting. 

I do think Bridgewater’s ceiling is limited but that expands. I mean look at Alex Smith for instance (who I like as a Teddy comparison) has made a very good career out of being slightly more than a game manager. Teddy is 25 and has shown he can play in this league. We quite honestly don’t know that with any QB in this class. They could be all Aaron Rodgers or they all could be EJ Manuel. My biggest thing in it is how valuable that 6tg pick is. We get a Teddy and I don’t think that rookie is beating a guy like Teddy out (atleast not year 1). Therefor give me a franchise guy like an elite lineman like Nelson or a top edge guy like Chubb. They are far less risks IMO than any qB this draft.

Ill add that Teddy is one of the highest character guys in the nfl and there’s no question that’s what we are looking for in players.

5 hours ago, xenajets said:

Jimmy Graham expected to hit FA. Would love him here but much like AR15 do we need Kirk to get these guys over here? 

@rickyt31 I know you’ve wanted us to get Jimmy for a long time. Could happen now bud. 

YES!!! I would love to add him or AR15. Gives us a threat defenses have to plan for and that opens things up for who ever our QB is going to be. 

I still think grabbing a QB in the first will still happen if we were to sign TB. He started off pretty well and can be a good fit in Bates scheme, so I understand taking the risk on him. Cousins is the only QB on the market that would make me not consider drafting a QB in the first. 

Archived