Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

4 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Jets have 92 mil in cap, second to the Browns at 108. For reference in terms of Cousins, Vikings have 48; Broncos have 23.9

Crazy thing is, we can still make some more cuts. Hit $100M and have $70M in space left after Cousins . 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I still think grabbing a QB in the first will still happen if we were to sign TB. He started off pretty well and can be a good fit in Bates scheme, so I understand taking the risk on him. Cousins is the only QB on the market that would make me not consider drafting a QB in the first. 

So you're okay with signing Teddy then drafting Josh Allen potentially?

Only QB I'm taking at 6 if we sign Teddy is Rosen.

29 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

If we do get Teddy B, we could sign him, Robinson, Burton or Graham, Richburg, T. Murphy, Trumaine, Mathieu, Demario and go draft Nelson round 1, Penny round 2, and either a tackle or another cb with the seahawks pick

Ya money isn’t are issue. Getting players to want to come here will be what we have to sell. This isn’t the offseason for Macc to miss out on guys for a few million dollars. 

Right now we have 90mill in cap space. Cutting Skrine and Carpenter will free up an additional 10mill. Giving us 100mill in cap space. I don’t expect us to cut any more players until we fill that position with players. But we do have several other cuttable contracts to clear up an additional 10mill or so if needed (Kearse, Powell, etc).

Just now, imaiden6669 said:

I would be ok with Teddy and McCown and drafting a QB in rd2 or packaging the 2 2nds to move up and take a Rudolph 

I would break some things.  Rudolph is a distance 6th out of the QB's in this draft.  If we take Bridgewater then we don't need McCown, as Bridgewater is a smart dude who doesn't need a QB mentor, but he might not be good enough to be the guy so we need to take a QB in the first round.  A non Rudolph QB.

Archived