Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya money isn’t are issue. Getting players to want to come here will be what we have to sell. This isn’t the offseason for Macc to miss out on guys for a few million dollars. 

That is for sure, he has done a good job in FA"s

Rumor has it LA is deciding to franchise either Joyner or Watkins.  I hope they go Watkins and let Joyner hit the market.  Him or Honey Badger as the 3rd safety/nickel in Bowles scheme would be a dream come true.  Either one would be an elite option at that position.  Bye Buster.

57 minutes ago, imaiden6669 said:

I would be ok with Teddy and McCown and drafting a QB in rd2 or packaging the 2 2nds to move up and take a Rudolph 

This would make me happy as well.

Especially if we could somehow land Barkley or Nelson out of it.

21 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

My Offseason Wish List:

1. Kirk Cousins

2. Allen Robinson

3. Honey Badger

4. Trumaine Johnson

5. Best Center Available

6. Trey Burton

---

7. Sheldon Richardson (BONUS)

Ya mine is close to this. I like a lot of the other CBs ahead of Burton though.

33 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Allen Robinson wants 10-12 mil a year per reports.  Give him 4 years, 50 mil and call it a day.

ARob asking for $10-12 mil seems pretty reasonable. I would have guessed his market value would have been in the $12-14 mil range (as long as his medicals check out). Jets need to be aggressive with him. 

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

ARob asking for $10-12 mil seems pretty reasonable. I would have guessed his market value would have been in the $12-14 mil range (as long as his medicals check out). Jets need to be aggressive with him. 

I’d come over the top and overpay him. Not only do I think he’s worth it. But that might be something to absolutely persuade Cousins here along with money.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d come over the top and overpay him. Not only do I think he’s worth it. But that might be something to absolutely persuade Cousins here along with money.

I agree, I would be real aggressive with his contract offer. Sweet talk him and tell him we will be 100% addressing the QB position that way he doesn't have concerns about his potential production. 

8 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Before we learned about his contract demands, what did y'all think was his market value?

I was thinking 4 years $14M/year.

I was thinking around 10-12mill. He knows he’s a top WR and ACL injuries aren’t as bad now. He’s young and has loads of talent. I think he ends up getting around 14-15mill per. I expect Chicago and Baltimore to offer big on him too.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I was thinking around 10-12mill. He knows he’s a top WR and ACL injuries aren’t as bad now. He’s young and has loads of talent. I think he ends up getting around 14-15mill per. I expect Chicago and Baltimore to offer big on him too.

I'd go 15.....  thus is my love for ARob.  We have needed someone like him forever.  Especially if we do plan on bringing in a young QB he needs as much help as he can get.  We can't do what we did to Geno and Sanchez again, which is basically draft them and then surround them with a pile of trash.

8 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I'd go 15.....  thus is my love for ARob.  We have needed someone like him forever.  Especially if we do plan on bringing in a young QB he needs as much help as he can get.  We can't do what we did to Geno and Sanchez again, which is basically draft them and then surround them with a pile of trash.

Completely agree.

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

I would break some things.  Rudolph is a distance 6th out of the QB's in this draft.  If we take Bridgewater then we don't need McCown, as Bridgewater is a smart dude who doesn't need a QB mentor, but he might not be good enough to be the guy so we need to take a QB in the first round.  A non Rudolph QB.

McCown would be a glorified coach on the field and insurance if Teddy has some kind of major setback in camp...and Rudolph has just as much potential as the other QBs in this draft if you ask me, and I would rather have a rookie learn from McCown(who knows his playing career is over and had a future in coaching) then from a 25 year old looking to become a franchise QB and has himself and his own future to worry about and battle the rookie rather then mentor

Archived