Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

1 hour ago, Rich51 said:

IMO, it’s only a good trade for Jacksonville if they are finished with Bortles. Otherwise they would be giving up on a 24 year, top3 draft choice that got them 8 sacks playing less than half the time, for a backup QB.

I don’t think they they have given up on Bortles and if they want Teddy as a backup/ insurance we would have to give up a lot more

Problem that Jacksonville will face now... is the defense and running game is so good they won’t be picking in the top 20 for a long time probably. So drafting a franchise QB becomes very difficult for them. They believe in Bortkes to an extent. A guy like Bridgewater makes sense for them. Still young with franchise qb potential.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

It's amazing to know that we drafted the top rated QB on most boards and will have the most cap space going into 2019's offseason. 

That is great news Rick, it has been a long, long time since the Jets have been in this kind of shape. There is no question the Jets are going in the right direction.

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

That is great news Rick, it has been a long, long time since the Jets have been in this kind of shape. There is no question the Jets are going in the right direction.

Agreed. Everyone on the roster is basically having a try out year. Plus, we can probably get our 2nd round pick back in TB looks good enough. Then we'll be in a perfect situation with all of our picks, a 21yr old franchise QB, and the most cap space in the league. A lot of interesting names out there as far as draft prospects and potential FA's. 

19 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Agreed. Everyone on the roster is basically having a try out year. Plus, we can probably get our 2nd round pick back in TB looks good enough. Then we'll be in a perfect situation with all of our picks, a 21yr old franchise QB, and the most cap space in the league. A lot of interesting names out there as far as draft prospects and potential FA's. 

With the emergence of Deshaun Watson (and the prospect of his future cap figure), I wonder if the Texans will let Clowney walk. They aren't in terrible cap shape but they already have a lot of money tied up in their front 7 and need help protecting Watson. Mac drafted Clowney and if he sees free-agency that may help draw him in to fill an immediate need. 

On 7/16/2018 at 8:12 AM, Sapo28 said:

With the emergence of Deshaun Watson (and the prospect of his future cap figure), I wonder if the Texans will let Clowney walk. They aren't in terrible cap shape but they already have a lot of money tied up in their front 7 and need help protecting Watson. Mac drafted Clowney and if he sees free-agency that may help draw him in to fill an immediate need. 

I can see that happening. Raiders still haven't locked down Khalil Mack. Fowler, Ford, Barr, Kikaha, and others could be out there. of course the franchise tag will take some of them off the list, but the good news is that we'll have a shot at someone that can pass rush or at least lock down the OLB position. 

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

Kevin Dodd had been released. A lot of people were high in him a couple of years ago. Worth a flier for sure I would of thought? 

Hasn’t done anything since being drafted. I know he had a couple injuries. I’m all for taking shots on young guys with talent st positions of need.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Hasn’t done anything since being drafted. I know he had a couple injuries. I’m all for taking shots on young guys with talent st positions of need.

To be fair if he had done something he wouldn’t be getting released as he’s still cheap on a rookie deal. 

Yeah im with you...give it a shot. If it doesn’t work then no harm done. Could catch lightning in a bottle though with some luck! 

On 7/15/2018 at 5:58 AM, doumeyer said:

I always believed that if Woody never put a win now mandate on Macc we’d probably be a year or two ahead but then again we ended up with Adams and Darnold because of it.

Archived