2017 Divisional Round

Leader

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Yeah, I just don't agree with this at all.

The Bills and Dolphins are no where near as dangerous a team as the Lions or Vikings.  Their records may be the same or similar over that period, but you can't play a bad game against detroit and still win.  NE can play some bad games vs Buffalo and still win on the road.

Well, if you're talking about this year, then yeah of course the Vikings are obviously the best team.

I'd also agree the Vikings have at least been dangerous enough to threaten a SB appearance a couple of time during the Brady era, but then again so did the Jets under Rex.

However, if the discussion is which teams/divisions have been the weakest over the span of the Patriots dominance, then how possibly could the Lions be considered a "dangerous" team? 

Don't you actually have to win a playoff game once in a century to be considered "dangerous"?

In the 17 years that Brady has been NE's QB, the NFC North has sent just 2 teams to the Super Bowl, and the Bears lost in their lone appearance with Rex Grossman at QB.

None of the other NFC North teams has won a playoff game since 2010.

Yes, NE has benefitted from a bad AFC East, but the North has likewise been the weakest division in the NFC.

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Their defense is legit but the Vikes defense is better and they'd be facing Foles. You see Foles scoring more than 10 pts vs that Vikes defense?

I envision a game much like what we saw yesterday but I could see Philly win something like 16-13.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Lol at the Vikings beating the Saints.  I just don't see it happening.  At all.  Vikings would be a shoe in for the Super Bowl if they beat the Saints, but they'd still lose to the Patriots.  At home.  In the Super Bowl. 

Problem is Brees could struggle if Saints cannot run. If that happens, game over against Minny. Brees can look really good against average defenses and really bad versus good defenses.

Just now, packfanfb said:

I envision a game much like what we saw yesterday but I could see Philly win something like 16-13.

It'll depend on the weather. We saw how limited Keenum's arm looked when playing in Lambeau a few weeks ago in the cold. I still wouldn't like the Eagles chances with Foles at QB though. He was terrible yesterday and will only be going up against an even better defensive unit

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

thanks for pulling this all together!

I do feel that doing bulk stats across a decade hides all of the important details, however.

A season where Minnesota goes 12-4, Chicago goes 8-8 and Detroit goes 4-12 looks the same as Miami going 9-7, Buffalo going 8-8 and NYJ going 7-9. One of those cases as a significantly more difficult opponent, however.

That is true.  SInce 2008

10+ win seasons

AFC East = 4   NFC North = 9

10+ loss seasons

AFC East = 12   NFC North = 11

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

It'll depend on the weather. We saw how limited Keenum's arm looked when playing in Lambeau a few weeks ago in the cold. I still wouldn't like the Eagles chances with Foles at QB though. He was terrible yesterday and will only be going up against an even better defensive unit

Thought Foles played pretty well in the 2nd half all things considered. His 1st half was terrible. I think we'll find out because I just have this feeling Brees might lay an egg today.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

That is true.  SInce 2008

10+ win seasons

AFC East = 4   NFC North = 9

10+ loss seasons

AFC East = 12   NFC North = 11

Further detail:

best seasons NFCN (other than GB): 13-3, 12-4, 11-5 (x3), 10-6 (x4), 

best seasons AFCE (other than NE): 11-5 (x2), 10-6 (x2)

pretty significant difference here.

Archived