2017 Divisional Round

Leader

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Moore

Williams

Bostick

Two guys making just bad football plays, one guy blatantly ignoring a coaches orders given just 15 seconds before. Eff Brandon Bostick.

yea esp., since expected onside kicks get recovered by the returning team 80% of the time. and the whole ignoring clear instructions makes it worse.

The Pats are the team to beat. Who can cover Gronk? NOBODY! The Steelers defense is just bad. Remember that Hundley had his best game against them. The Jags have a really good defense, but Bortles is just...not that good. I just can't see the Jags stopping Brady. The Pats offense is hard to stop, again who will stop Gronk? The luckiest team is the Vikings. I just keep waiting for Keenum to choke, but the guy is riding on his 15 minutes of fame. So next week is the battle of backups in Philly. Why is it so bad that the Pats keep winning? They have the best player in the league and the best coach. Maybe next year the Packers can get better and face NE.

1 hour ago, duxrule said:

Williams

Bostick

Moore

This was terrible. Don't even have to hit him, just hold onto him until the other guys get there and clock runs out.

I’d go 

Bostick- He played outside his responsibility. Was supposed to block.

Williams- Total screw up wiff. You either go for a force out or tackle in bounds

Moore- at least he just got beat by a better player and throw. 1/2 were more mental

5 hours ago, Toddfather said:

If it ends up Minny vs New England... Well, then it is the worst year of football in a long time for me. -_-

Well, then prepare for the worst because it's definitely looking that way. There's no way in hell Jacksonville's beating NE @ NE with Bortles and I don't see the Eagles beating Minny sans Wentz.

15 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I didn't see a single instance of the kind of play Minny ran for the first TD. Motion Cobb in jet sweep motion and toss to Jones going the opposite direction.

We ran that Cobb Jet sweep action constantly in shotgun.  Everyone ripped that off from the Chiefs week 1 pass to Kareem Hunt.  

We had a RPO off that, we had a run to WIlliams going opposite direction as Cobb, we had a pass to cobb in the flat, we had a slant pass...

As far as doing it under center, I know we converted a 4th and 1 on a misdirection pitch play to Jones

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

sounds about right for now 2017 went.

gotta be a bottom 3 year in my lifetime

Throw in the annoying Direct TV and Verizon commercials along with the teams left playing and it's darn near unwatchable!!!

11 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

yea Vikes have a good bit of cap space now, but it's about to be eaten up big time. Mostly after 2018, but still some this year. Between T.Newman, T.Johnson, S.Stephen they're losing  1706 snaps on defense and 1762 snaps on offense from Berger, and McKinnon on offense. While not stars, alot of those guys played pretty well this year, and would probably cost ~$10 to buy that production on the FA market, unless they just roll the dice that internal guys can be good replacements, which is never a guarantee.

And this is what will be hard. Happened to all great teams... they take care of the elite guys and the money can’t be spread out across the roster. All the role and depth guys leave for money and starting gigs across the league.

Minnesota also has the crazy issue of will they legitimately pay Keenum top money he has earned this year? Plus it just goes up with every miracle throw in the playoffs. They might have to Kirk Cousins him until they are convinced.

13 hours ago, WaitWhat said:

I just stood in front of the TV for that whole final play and my eyes got big as the dude whiffed and Diggs was off. Can’t believe that happened.

Looking to next week, Eagles DL might feast. Saints had numerous times where they just about got to Keenum. 

Yes, the Eagles defense is better than the Saints'.

10 hours ago, Toddfather said:

If it ends up Minny vs New England... Well, then it is the worst year of football in a long time for me. -_-

I don't see MN beating the Eagles. It's outside and the Eagles defense will be better (esp considering the field conditions) and Floes isn't a a BH type quarterback. 

Archived