2017 Divisional Round

Leader

3 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

If the Vikings win tomorrow, they will be the first NFC North team besides GB to win a playoff game since 2010.

In the seven seasons since the Pack went in 2010, the NFC representatives in the Super Bowl have come from the East (1), the South (3), and the West (3).

The NFC North has sucked for a very long time and McCarthy's teams have killed it against their weak division foes, though not this season.

I recently did an exercise about Wildcard teams for each division for the last 10 years but I ended up not posting it. Going from memory I think it was something like 8 wildcard teams for the AFC North, 7 for the NFC North, 5 for the AFC West, 3 for the AFC East, 4 for all other divisions.

The NFC North hasn't really been strong in the sense that all 4 teams haven't been good at the same time, but we've had one tough competitor most years.

AFC East though... Bills have been perennial losers, Jets had a short stint with Ryan and have sucked ever since, Miami is the classic 0.5 team that goes nowhere if they manage to get in the playoffs. Somewhat tough defenses on all 3 teams but absolutely horrid offenses.

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Personally, I admire NE more than hate them. Seven straight AFCCGs is incredible and 12 out of 16 years for Brady is insane. You have to respect Brady's will to win, he plays the game with a fire. Hopefully we'll get to see a Rodgers v. Brady SB before he retires. Should have happened in 2011 and 2014. Maybe 2018...

Quit sucking Brady's toes.  He has a top 10 defense, he goes far.  He's not some god.  Patriots take advantage of cupcake regular season schedules and cupcake divisional round opponents at home to get the Championship game so often.  Packers have literally had top 10 toughest schedules the last 5 years while it's been the exact opposite for the Patriots.  It's not Tom Brady lol will to win. 

Starting with this year, the Patriots have had to play the Titans, Texans, Chiefs, Ravens, Colts, Texans and Broncos to advance to the Championship game.  Broncos pretty tough team right?  Lol, it was Tebow. 

So to get to the Championship game 7 consecutive times, the Patriots had to play Mariota, Ossweiler, Smith, Flacco, Luck without a defense, Schaub?  and Tim effing Tebow. 

You know how much points the Patriots gave up in those games?  141.  In 7 games.  That's 20 points a game.  The Packers defense has given up less than 21 points 5 times in Aaron's career.  Aaron is, of course, undefeated in those games. 

Brady isn't even the MVP this year or the reason the Patriots have homefield advantage throughout.  The last five games of the season he had a QB rating of 83.6, he threw six touchdown passes to five interceptions and he didn't throw for over 300 yards in any of them.  His opponents?  Frickin Buffalo, frickin Miami, Pittsburgh, frickin Buffalo and the frickin Jets.  Patriots allowed 3, 27, 24, 16 and 6 in those games.

And you think Brady deserves credit for cake walking through the regular season and divisional round when he's got that level of competition?  The Packers a couple years ago, a cold weather team, beat the Dolphins in the heat of September in Miami when they don't even know that opponent, and yet the Patriots have lost in Miami something like 4 of their last 4 times. 

The Patriots defense has given up 21 points or more in only FIVE GAMES this season.  Brady is 2-3 in those five games. 

It's not effing Brady.  I don't have to respect ****.  He's a top 30 QB all time that has managed to play for a top 1 coach all time.  If he plays for LITERALLY any other team over his 16 years, he's lucky to have two Super Bowl wins. 

The Patriots in Brady's entire post season career have allowed 20 points a game.

Brees and Saints?  27. 
Rodgers and Packers?  25.

His first five playoff games, the opponent never reached 18 points. 

You put literally any of the top quarterbacks, even Brett effing Favre, onto those defenses, and each and every damn one of them has 5 Super Bowls or more.

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

Since 1999, the remaining AFC east teams (not NE) have a 423 wins, 489 losses

Since 1999, the remaining NFC North teams (not GB) have 413 wins, 498 losses and 1 tie

GB has had a very easy division since 1999 similar to what NE has had.

Why are you using 1999 when Rodgers hasn't started until 2008?

Also, it's not all about divisions.  It's about conferences and records.  This year alone, Packers had a top 5 tough schedule, Patriots had bottom 5. 

Everybody's all over Patriots making it to Championship game 7 years in a row.  Last seven years, Patriots division (minus Patriots) has 148 wins.  That number is 159 for the NFC North. 

And that's just divisions. 

Quit apologizing for the Patriots.  Their regular season schedules have been cake walks, which has made their playoff schedules a cake walk.

Ask yourself... If the Packers made it to the Championship game 7 years in a row and had two Super Bowl wins to show for it, what would Packer fans be saying? 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Two possible explanations, zero jokes, 100% serious:

Patricia is also an NFL genius

--or--

Cheating.

Well......sounds like (again) we're gonna get an up close and personal opportunity to find that out cause he's gonna be the next HC of DET.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22094437/new-england-patriots-dc-matt-patricia-expected-next-head-coach-detroit-lions

14 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Two possible explanations, zero jokes, 100% serious:

Patricia is also an NFL genius

--or--

Cheating.

I’m not one for conspiracies , but it wouldn’t shock me if more shady things leaked.

They started Lawrence Guy, James Harrison and Ricky Jean-Francois.., it doesn’t make sense!

Just now, Leader said:

Well......sounds like (again) we're gonna get an up close and personal opportunity to find that out cause he's gonna be the next HC of DET.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22094437/new-england-patriots-dc-matt-patricia-expected-next-head-coach-detroit-lions

Nah, Patricia is gonna coach the Giants if he has any kind of choice.  This is a genius we're talking about.  How many geniuses pick Detroit over New York? 

I'm betting the Lions were confident, tried to leak it to guilt Patricia into picking them, then the Giants came in and Patricia was all that one meme with the guy turning around to check out the girl.

Just now, pollino14 said:

I’m not one for conspiracies , but it wouldn’t shock me if more shady things leaked.

They started Lawrence Guy, James Harrison and Ricky Jean-Francois.., it doesn’t make sense!

I know it doesn't.  It's absolute BS.  There are no corners in the NFL that are good enough to cover well enough to allow those three players to get a significant enough pass rush to allow 23 points or more only 5 times in the regular season and 14 in a playoff game. 

10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Nah, Patricia is gonna coach the Giants if he has any kind of choice.  This is a genius we're talking about.  How many geniuses pick Detroit over New York? 

I'm betting the Lions were confident, tried to leak it to guilt Patricia into picking them, then the Giants came in and Patricia was all that one meme with the guy turning around to check out the girl.

Well.....Pope Brady's given Patricia to NYGs his blessing.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/patricia-brady-blessing-giants-search-put-hold-article-1.3755846

50 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Why are you using 1999 when Rodgers hasn't started until 2008?

Also, it's not all about divisions.  It's about conferences and records.  This year alone, Packers had a top 5 tough schedule, Patriots had bottom 5. 

Everybody's all over Patriots making it to Championship game 7 years in a row.  Last seven years, Patriots division (minus Patriots) has 148 wins.  That number is 159 for the NFC North. 

And that's just divisions. 

Quit apologizing for the Patriots.  Their regular season schedules have been cake walks, which has made their playoff schedules a cake walk.

Ask yourself... If the Packers made it to the Championship game 7 years in a row and had two Super Bowl wins to show for it, what would Packer fans be saying? 

Used 1999, as I thought that is when Brady entered the NFL.  I will post the 2001 to 2017 span since that is when he started playing for NE more

AFC East (not NE)  wins = 367    losses = 449

NFC North (not GB)  wins = 364   losses = 451 ties = 1

Since Rodgers became starter in GB

AFC East (not NE)  wins = 219   losses = 261

NFC North (not GB)  wins = 222   losses = 257 ties = 1

It will be interesting to see how NE holds up next season after (presumably) losing both coordinators, retaining a 41-year-old Brady at QB, and possessing a defense that is not especially talented.  ESPN articles aside, there are plenty of reasons to think the NE dynasty could be nearing its end.  It seems there is still plenty of denial about how crazy good their run has been.

The Patriots get home field advantage every year, its hard to score points in Foxboro in the winter or anywhere for that matter where its cold. I blame the AFC for the Patriots dominance, yes Brady and Belichek are great. That division they are in might have the 3 most dis-functional franchises in the sport. The AFC East should be ashamed of themselves, 15 years of terrible terrible football teams. 

How nice would it be every year to know you're probably going 4-2, 5-1, 6-0 in your division? Oh and the first playoff game you play is at home against a back up quarterback or the fricken Titans!

Us going 10-6 and limping into the playoffs these past 3 or 4 years has really hurt our points against in the playoffs. If we play all those games at Lambeau I'm sure you could shave 5-7 points off per game. All I want for 2018/2019 is the 2 seed, just give me the 2 seed. 

Archived