Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

Anyone?? Not a huge video game guy but I've been playing this game and it's awesome. I love the simplicity and it's free! 

It's basically a 100 person version of the hunger games, last man standing wins. You can play solo, duo's, or groups of 3-4. Everyone drops onto the map from a giant bus and skydives where they want to start and you start weaponless and are forced to find guns/ammo/supplies. The map is interactive and you can gather wood/brick/steel and use to create forts. One of the big twists is the map shrinks at certain intervals to prevent camping. The shrinking is random so you must continually move to get into the circle as it gets smaller and smaller. Pretty soon the game goes from a huge map with 100 people to a tiny little circle with 4 people left. 

It's free to download on Xbox (im assuming PS too). I'd definitely recommend checking it out. Very fun, simple, and pretty addicting. Heres a link if anyone wants to check it out. 

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/buy-now/battle-royale

It's really similar to PUBG

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

So what's the catch? Why's it free if it's so good? Do you have to pay real money to make the game better for yourself?

There is no catch.  It's probably free partly because if it would have cost $29 a lot of people wouldn't have bought it due to PUBG being out already.  You can't pay money to impact the game play, it's purely for cosmetics only.

Dota 2 is one of the greatest games ever made and it's 100% free to play.  Starcraft II is an awesome game and recently became free to play.  Two very high quality games with long history of being great are free to play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

like what?

The fact that the game is more realistic and has many more items.  At first, I really enjoyed the building aspects of Fortnite, but the more I play it, the more I dislike it.  In this genre of game, I really enjoy a more realistic environment.  I've been playing other games in this genre as well.  

Best finish Iv had so far is 5th. And that was by pure dumb luck. I just kinda ran around unnoticed for the most part. I have yet to kill more than 1 person in a round and even that’s been mostly unsuspecting people that had no idea I was there.

I like the quick turn around though, doesn’t take long for another match to start once you are killed. Which is great when you die 30 seconds into a round.

Edited by Neumatic

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

H1Z1 is still my favorite Battle Royale game, but the casualness of Fortnite is so fun. I'm terrible but still love getting in a game or two on PS4

What's your PS4 name? I'd love to team up and suck together. Seems more fun that way.