Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

4 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Yes. A keyboard alone is still a huge advantage, building is way easier.

Its easy to tell if people are on a keyboard/mouse when they build. It’s a massive advantage.

No it's not.  On consoles you still have to enter build mode in order to build whether you use a controller or a mouse and keyboard.  Most people who use a mouse and keyboard on console use a XIM Apex.  With the XIM Apex, it has the same bindable keys as a controller does.  For example, on an actual PC you can bind your third weapon to whatever you want.  On the XIM Apex, you cannot do that.  You still have to scroll through your weapons just as if you were using a controller.

And like I said, the top console players use a controller.  If you want an advantage, use a scuff controller or a Xbox elite controller (or any controller that has paddles on the back).  This is critical because on the controller it is impossible to press the jump button and look around using the right stick at the same time, if you hold your controller normally.  If you have a paddle on the back that can be your jump button, you never have to take your right thumb off the stick.

Watch Pier play.  He uses a controller and he even uses the old school button layout - which is vastly inferior to builder pro.  The dude owns.  I can guarantee if you came across him you would swear he uses a mouse and keyboard lol.

7 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

So how's everyone liking the Famas?

It can laser people who are <100m away, but for anything longer I prefer to one-tap the semi-auto ARs.

It's really good, but I still prefer automatic weapons.  Most of the time when I play with in duos or squads, I will always give my teammates the best weapons.  As far as assault rifles go, I'm good with just the grey/common AR.  I'll give up the Famas, Scar, snipers, etc.  This game is super unique because weapons and gun skill are like the third most important thing in this game.

On another note, they're nerfing the amount of materials you can acquire via different resources during a game.  I really dislike this.  One thing I do like is the fact that they're nerfing explosives like the rocket launcher and such.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

On another note, they're nerfing the amount of materials you can acquire via different resources during a game.  I really dislike this.  One thing I do like is the fact that they're nerfing explosives like the rocket launcher and such.

I think limiting resources would be great. Make people think about what they are building instead of just spamming entire castles every time there is a fight.

• Like 1

Just now, Heimdallr said:

I think limiting resources would be great. Make people think about what they are building instead of just spamming entire castles every time there is a fight.

Building is the key part of this game.  Playing the game is fun, spending more times hitting stuff for resources is not.

• Like 2

Solo Showdown results were just posted and look what happened.... People crying about mouse and keyboard console players placing highly.  Lol.  The top console player uses a controller and has placed very highly in both showdowns so far.  That's what happens today - People are just bad and assume that anyone who is great at the game is using a m/k because they feel like nobody can be that good with a controller.  

i recently watched a Overwatch League PS4 thing of all these organized teams playing.  People in Twitch chat kept on saying, "That Widow is using a mouse and keyboard, there's no way anyone can snipe like that with a controller".... But it's verified that all these players are indeed using a controller and they have played at live events in the past with said controller.  

People are just salty because they suck at the game.  Instead of complaining, get better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showtime said:

People are just salty because they suck at the game.  Instead of complaining, get better.

I mean... surely there's a difference for the average player. You're looking at the very top % of players.

There must be a difference given the fact that, as you mentioned, console players cannot re-bind the jump key, which automatically gives them an in-built structural disadvantage against PC players (or M+K, whatever) who can move their reticule while jumping.

Like any two groups, the differences between the individuals is greater than the aggregate difference between the two sets of people, of course, but if there truly wasn't a difference, why does Fortnite separate PC from console players unless you specifically allow cross-console in your settings? (I'm sure there are other considerations for this beyond M+K, but it's gotta play a role)

4 hours ago, showtime said:

They're not lowering how much you get from resources, they're lowering how much you get from llama's and how often and how much you get from floor loot.  

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

I mean... surely there's a difference for the average player. You're looking at the very top % of players.

There must be a difference given the fact that, as you mentioned, console players cannot re-bind the jump key, which automatically gives them an in-built structural disadvantage against PC players (or M+K, whatever) who can move their reticule while jumping.

Like any two groups, the differences between the individuals is greater than the aggregate difference between the two sets of people, of course, but if there truly wasn't a difference, why does Fortnite separate PC from console players unless you specifically allow cross-console in your settings? (I'm sure there are other considerations for this beyond M+K, but it's gotta play a role)

Fortnite is one of the only games that actually allows PC and console players to play with and against one another.  The majority of games don't allow this other than stuff like Rocket League, which is played with a controller even on PC.

I look at the disadvantage you mentioned (cannot jump and move right stick at the same time on controller) as a disadvantage that can be altered.  For example, there are very cheap controllers that offer paddles on the back.  That's just like on PC where all users play with different equipment - some have crappy graphics cards and can barely run the game, some are using a mouse that's not meant for gaming and has no side buttons, some use a bad monitor, etc.

But yes, this type of thing is because EPIC is a company that lacks basic features in their game such as remapping buttons on the controller and changing the color of the reticle.  I still have a hard time seeing the thin white reticle and there is no way to change the color of it... something that is a very elementary feature in a game.

3 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

They're not lowering how much you get from resources, they're lowering how much you get from llama's and how often and how much you get from floor loot.  

Maybe they'll revert the changes in the future, but that's what I mean.  Resources means in general, I wasn't just talking about from hitting a tree.

Balance update.

Shotguns  
For awhile we felt that Shotguns promoted healthy close quarter gameplay, however with the recent equip time changes, Shotguns are being used more often than we like. It's something we've been keeping an eye on, but broadly speaking we feel Shotguns are a little too strong in their current state. As a result, we’re making these adjustments:  

• Pump Shotgun
    • Headshot multiplier reduced from 2.5 to 2.0
    • Damage reduced from 90/95 to 80/85
  • Tactical Shotgun
    • Headshot multiplier reduced from 2.5 to 2.0

Shotgun consistency across the board is also something we're looking into and aim to improve. We want to make it more apparent when you hit or miss a shot. In addition to that, making sure the accuracy is more consistent and improving other odd behaviors with the weapon is a top priority. We've identified a number of issues that we're currently working on solving in the near future.

Traps  
We made a large change to traps a few weeks ago to test decreasing damage from 125 to 75. This was done in an effort to better understand the impact traps have throughout a match. The change sparked a great deal of excellent discussion about traps and we are going to lean more into improving their effectiveness. We want this to add more ways for you to be potent in combat. Here’s the change:

• Trap Damage increased from 75 to 150

Jetpack  
The Jetpack was introduced as a Limited Time Item. You can learn more on the goals of Limited Time Items as a concept in this post.

We will be vaulting the Jetpack at 8am on Monday, June 11. Get in your last matches before then! We may bring back the Jetpack at a future date with some improvements and new changes.

I believe these changes are live in the game right now.  

Edited by showtime