Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Yah, by switching between pumps you can vastly increase their firing rate capabilities. In the clip I posted he had 3 pumps and was firing them just as quickly as a tactical shotgun by switching between them; they're not meant to be used this way because it's way OP (he kept asking in the clip "why would Epic bring this back?"). This was previously patched by Epic sometime during last season, but for some reason was reversed last week sometime.

Doesn't seem all that OP to me just because 99% of people in this game cannot aim worth a damn anyway.  But I hear what you're saying, shooting pumps that fast is crazy.

I've tried doing the double pump like he does and I just can't do it anywhere near as efficiently.  I would rather have a tact shotgun because I miss too much with the pump for me to be impactful with it consistently. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Doesn't seem all that OP to me just because 99% of people in this game cannot aim worth a damn anyway.  But I hear what you're saying, shooting pumps that fast is crazy.

I've tried doing the double pump like he does and I just can't do it anywhere near as efficiently.  I would rather have a tact shotgun because I miss too much with the pump for me to be impactful with it consistently. 

Because they play the game all day. It for sure isn't a glitch, but it's a balancing issue. Most of the top players carry 2 pumps for that reason. It makes gameplay boring to watch, and makes other guns (like the tac shotgun and the tac sub) obsolete. I hate it

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

Because they play the game all day. It for sure isn't a glitch, but it's a balancing issue. Most of the top players carry 2 pumps for that reason. It makes gameplay boring to watch, and makes other guns (like the tac shotgun and the tac sub) obsolete. I hate it

Yeah "glitch" is the wrong word, whatever you want to call it it's imba.

I honestly don't have much of a problem with it because it's rewarding to players with a higher skill cap.  Like, if ANYONE could do that then it would be a huge problem.  I have honestly never seen anyone do that in any game of Fortnite I have ever played (I mean actually do it efficiently and effectively).  I can almost guarantee that's why EPIC hasn't permanently taken it out of the game and has kept it in the game in some capacity.

But you guys do have a point and if enough people complain about, it will def get changed in the future.  The point about the double pump making other weapons not viable is a really strong argument and that's the reason it'll probably get changed eventually.

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

That's kinda why I get bored watching Daequan quickly.  He's entertaining for sure and is damn good at the game, but in my limited time watching it's essentially always double pumping and occasionally an AR or something.  I've never seen him use a sniper and it just gets boring after a while. 

It must be fun as hell though to be better than everyone and just build like crazy to get close and destroy with two shotguns.  

22 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

That's kinda why I get bored watching Daequan quickly.  He's entertaining for sure and is damn good at the game, but in my limited time watching it's essentially always double pumping and occasionally an AR or something.  I've never seen him use a sniper and it just gets boring after a while. 

It must be fun as hell though to be better than everyone and just build like crazy to get close and destroy with two shotguns.  

I more or less get bored with the constant solo's in a dark room and him being mostly quiet. Not entertaining to me. He's really good though, yeah

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I bet this guy was triggered. Gotta love the minigun :D

I'm triggered just watching it ¬¬

Not sure what he was doing there, just trying to build up in the same spot.. probably should have dropped down behind the tower, and pushed up to your position while building cover along the way, no?

'grats on the dub though, I had a mini-gun win once and it felt durrrrty, we were much closer though. Final circle in the prison and he started building towards me from across the yard, just held down that trigger and came away with the win.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Not sure what he was doing there, just trying to build up in the same spot.. probably should have dropped down behind the tower, and pushed up to your position while building cover along the way, no?

That is what I figured he was gonna do. I was just trying to get him out of his tower so I would have the high ground and he would be stuck down in the river.

That video is what I was talking about when I said people don't know how to build.  Anyone could build the tall structure he was in.  He couldn't even think enough to get out of that position to make you drop your minigun and then build back up towards you.  It's crazy sometimes how really bad players can get to the final 3 and not even know how to play the game.

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

anyone have any tips on getting a trap kill? That is my only weekly challenge left

Pretty sure I've gotten a grand total of 1 in like 600+ games, and it was for the challenge last season before they were nerfed. I often forget I even have them. Luckily you have a good 5 weeks or so to get it done.