Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Mighty Mouse!!! 

Literally the only celebrity on there I recognize. I think Paul is a basketball player for the.. Pistons?

Paul George plays for OKC.  Desiigner made that massive hit song Panda a few years ago, but he's beyond awful.

44 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

anyone have any tips on getting a trap kill? That is my only weekly challenge left

Can you play duos/squads?  Pretty sure you can knock someone then trap him in a 1x1 and throw a trap on the wall to get the elimination.  

I got mine last night.  I dropped Snobby with duos and my partner got killed.  I had like 13 health and the two enemies were chasing me so I ran into a house and threw a trap on the floor.  The worse of the two players just instantly ran in and got killed by the trap then I completely outplayed his buddy with a shotgun so I got the trap challenge. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Pretty sure you can knock someone then trap him in a 1x1 and throw a trap on the wall to get the elimination.  

I thought finishing someone who is already knocked doesn't count as a kill? I could totally be wrong.

Just now, cddolphin said:

I thought finishing someone who is already knocked doesn't count as a kill? I could totally be wrong.

You need to be the one that knocks them.  For the elimination challenges it's not the weapon that you knock them with, it's the weapon you finish them with.  So if you snipe someone to knock and then kill them with an SMG, you'd get an SMG elimiation.  If you snipe and knock someone, then kill their teammate, you'd get a sniper elimination for the initial player.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyers0909 said:
3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

anyone have any tips on getting a trap kill? That is my only weekly challenge left

Can you play duos/squads?  Pretty sure you can knock someone then trap him in a 1x1 and throw a trap on the wall to get the elimination.  

I did this yesterday.. downed a guy, then got a trap beside him and it did the 75 damage, and then he escaped before I finished the 1x1 because he wasn't perfectly centered around him and then bled out.

Attempt #2, I downed and put the guy in the 1x1 and put the trap... waited 5 seconds and the trap didnt go off so I took one shot at him to do damage so the trap hit of 75 dmg would kill him after... and of course right as I shoot the trap goes off so my rifle bullet killed him.

I hate this challenge, adding on top of the wailing woods... screw you epic lol

5 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I did this yesterday.. downed a guy, then got a trap beside him and it did the 75 damage, and then he escaped before I finished the 1x1 because he wasn't perfectly centered around him and then bled out.

Attempt #2, I downed and put the guy in the 1x1 and put the trap... waited 5 seconds and the trap didnt go off so I took one shot at him to do damage so the trap hit of 75 dmg would kill him after... and of course right as I shoot the trap goes off so my rifle bullet killed him.

I hate this challenge, adding on top of the wailing woods... screw you epic lol

Such a troll move by Epic to have it as a challenge the first week after the trap nerf. 

• Like 1

that was one of the worst challenges I've seen in this game.

I finally got mine in 50v50. The safezone was in Tilted, and I was one of the last 5 players left on my team, so I found a little room and put traps on the ceiling and wall, then baited someone into the room. I also got lucky that the storm engulfed us right after my traps downed the enemy so that helped finish them off.

Is there anything anybody can do to live longer in the storm besides campfires and healing themselves? I just got to the end of the shotgun mode and the storm closed in to nothing and even though I was standing in the very middle and had 100 hp the guy that won finished with 60 health in a sky base way above me. I didn't see a campfire and all I can think is maybe he timed a med kit well enough to last. Man this game needs kill cams and replays.