Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

9 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

One of the better things about FN is how often they update/listen to the players. For an essentially free game they don’t mail it in. Have to respect that. 

I really hate that trap damage is 150.  You die at full health AND a big shield.  That's outrageous.  I know they're testing at the extremes, but I cannot wait until they reduce that number.  100 damage seems like the sweet spot. 

I like they nerfed the pump, but they need to stop the double pumping if they want the weapon to stop being used as much.  Most players don't carry around one pump.  In the case of a single shotgun being carried (again, nobody does this) the gold heavy shotgun should be the best in the game.

Really love that the jetpack is going away.  Best change ever.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

Maybe they'll revert the changes in the future, but that's what I mean.  Resources means in general, I wasn't just talking about from hitting a tree.

I mean it's really not that big a deal.  You rarely find a llama and now from chests you're getting 20 (I think) mats instead of 30 on a slightly less basis.  Assuming you don't get a llama it's costing you at most like 150 mats per round. 

5 hours ago, showtime said:

Maybe they'll revert the changes in the future, but that's what I mean.  Resources means in general, I wasn't just talking about from hitting a tree.

To be fair now that I think about it, early game might be a little rough.  Going through a few chests and buildings and only coming away with 40 mats instead of like 90 would be tough.  I honestly don't think it impacts too much mid to late game but it could be really annoying early game. 

14 hours ago, showtime said:

But yes, this type of thing is because EPIC is a company that lacks basic features in their game such as remapping buttons on the controller and changing the color of the reticle.  I still have a hard time seeing the thin white reticle and there is no way to change the color of it... something that is a very elementary feature in a game.

Agreed, custom mapping needs to be a thing yesterday.

14 hours ago, showtime said:

Balance update.

Shotguns  
For awhile we felt that Shotguns promoted healthy close quarter gameplay, however with the recent equip time changes, Shotguns are being used more often than we like. It's something we've been keeping an eye on, but broadly speaking we feel Shotguns are a little too strong in their current state. As a result, we’re making these adjustments:  

• Pump Shotgun
    • Headshot multiplier reduced from 2.5 to 2.0
    • Damage reduced from 90/95 to 80/85
  • Tactical Shotgun
    • Headshot multiplier reduced from 2.5 to 2.0

Shotgun consistency across the board is also something we're looking into and aim to improve. We want to make it more apparent when you hit or miss a shot. In addition to that, making sure the accuracy is more consistent and improving other odd behaviors with the weapon is a top priority. We've identified a number of issues that we're currently working on solving in the near future.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

19 hours ago, showtime said:

Solo Showdown results were just posted and look what happened.... People crying about mouse and keyboard console players placing highly.  Lol.  The top console player uses a controller and has placed very highly in both showdowns so far.  That's what happens today - People are just bad and assume that anyone who is great at the game is using a m/k because they feel like nobody can be that good with a controller.  

i recently watched a Overwatch League PS4 thing of all these organized teams playing.  People in Twitch chat kept on saying, "That Widow is using a mouse and keyboard, there's no way anyone can snipe like that with a controller".... But it's verified that all these players are indeed using a controller and they have played at live events in the past with said controller.  

People are just salty because they suck at the game.  Instead of complaining, get better.

lol I'm really good at Fortnite. It's still very clear, and annoying, when someone is using a keyboard/mouse on the console. Its SO much easier to build/aim with a keyboard/mouse set up. I played at my buddies house one time with a keyboard/mouse set up and after 2-3 games to get used to it I was CRUSHING kids, like it wasn't even close. Had multiple solo wins that were just cake walks because I could aim so much better/faster and build so much faster.

Saying it doesn't offer an advantage is stupid, it doesn't make anyone "salty". Facts are facts are facts. That doesn't mean the elite guys aren't elite with controllers. It's more that it takes decent players to very good players because they have a large advantage.

It's easier to build if you're on an actual PC.  If you're using an adapter that most console players use (XIM Apex), it's really not that big of an advantage at all.    One of my points was, if the BEST console players use a controller then how can you tell if someone is using a mouse and keyboard?  That doesn't even make sense.

22 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Take note, publishers. Take note.

How much of this is the game itself, and how much is it their micro-transaction model? The game is simply fun and quite easy to pick up (being available across all platforms is a plus too), but the financial legs on this thing out-strip how good of a game it is, IMO.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Take note, publishers. Take note.

How much of this is the game itself, and how much is it their micro-transaction model? The game is simply fun and quite easy to pick up (being available across all platforms is a plus too), but the financial legs on this thing out-strip how good of a game it is, IMO.

Several other games have proven that players are heavily drawn to cosmetics and are willing to spend lots of money on them.

In fact, fortnite is made more popular because of their cosmetics, if this game had a regular scheme for player outfits just like older COD games or whatever it would have significantly less players imo.

3 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Several other games have proven that players are heavily drawn to cosmetics and are willing to spend lots of money on them.

In fact, fortnite is made more popular because of their cosmetics, if this game had a regular scheme for player outfits just like older COD games or whatever it would have significantly less players imo.

It's designed for the cosmetics to "work," which isn't easy to pull off either. Having ridiculous costumes and gun camos actually looks pretty ridiculous in games like Call of Duty, but it fits in Fortnite because of the art style. 

On 6/7/2018 at 2:09 PM, showtime said:

One of my points was, if the BEST console players use a controller then how can you tell if someone is using a mouse and keyboard?  That doesn't even make sense.

Mechanics is only one part of the game. He may not have the best mechanics but he probably has some of the best decision making, ping, game knowledge, etc.