Jump to content

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, showtime said:

New map changes are really cool.  I actually like the Battle Pass skins, pretty much all of them.  The two gliders are also really sick.  I got on and won two games so far today, the beach umbrella looks so cool.  It's my favorite victory umbrella ever.  It's simple, but I like the brightness of it haha.

Also, and this might be the biggest thing.  There are no more level requirements to unlock the upgraded versions of skins.  It's just a flat XP requirement and I believe (I could be wrong) you can continue to acquire XP for the skin after the season is over and it still levels up the skin.  Like I said, I could be wrong about that, but if that is indeed the case all you have to do is get the tier 100 skin and you can acquire the XP to upgrade it at anytime in the future.

You are correct.  That's why they changed it to XP instead of season level, so it can continue beyond the end of this season.

Thoughts on the new shotguns?  The spread is now consistent instead of random, it also apparently tells you how many pellets you hit when you shoot.  Double pump is also officially dead.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

You are correct.  That's why they changed it to XP instead of season level, so it can continue beyond the end of this season.

Thoughts on the new shotguns?  The spread is now consistent instead of random, it also apparently tells you how many pellets you hit when you shoot.  Double pump is also officially dead.  

Thank god.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to fully judge double pump being dead until I see pro players over time declare it dead.  "Double Pump is official dead" is a statement that has been said numerous times in the past.  It looks like it has taken a huge hit here, but I'm not sure.  Lets see what the shotgun king Daequan says lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't there one point where you could shoot one pump, switch to the second and shoot fast, but then every shot from there on out you would have to actually "pump" the shotgun to get it to shoot?  That was by far the most "realistic" option and it definitely wasn't overpowered.  

Being able to double pump like they were tacs/heavy's just never made any sense and was actually broken.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I love Lazy Links. Really cool.

Is there some trick to finding loot llamas that I donkt know? Can't find one anywhere

No trick. I love when loot llamas are the challenge though. I have fun trolling people these days when I go in solo, so I just pop on a bush and sit near one when I find it. Everybody is so excited to see them this week because of the challenge, that they ignore me sitting 10 feet away as a bush. Makes an easy shotgun/smg to the face.

I figure it's payback for all the snipes I've hit that go right through someones face that doesn't register as a hit in game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm not going to fully judge double pump being dead until I see pro players over time declare it dead.  "Double Pump is official dead" is a statement that has been said numerous times in the past.  It looks like it has taken a huge hit here, but I'm not sure.  Lets see what the shotgun king Daequan says lol

It doesn't take a pro's opinion to try to double pump and realize the new timer makes it as slow if not slower than single pump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what happened but I bought the battle pass and have been playing much better today, it's like having a skin somehow actually gives me an advantage.

I went from averaging about a kill per game and being lucky to get 3 to averaging 2 or 3 a game and I won a solo with 9 kills this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's kind of crazy that they completely removed double shotgun when that wasn't even the meta and hasn't been for a while now.  Why do this now when the meta is not double shotgun instead of doing this months and months ago when it actually needed to be done?  Interesting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

It doesn't take a pro's opinion to try to double pump and realize the new timer makes it as slow if not slower than single pump.

It does to me.  Most people don't even know how to use double pump.  There were literally people in this thread saying that it couldn't be done with a controller, when it was EASY to do it with a controller.

Double pump took skill to use, that's why I never complained about wanting it to be out of the game.  99% of people that whine about double pump get killed by it and don't even know how to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, showtime said:

It's kind of crazy that they completely removed double shotgun when that wasn't even the meta and hasn't been for a while now.  Why do this now when the meta is not double shotgun instead of doing this months and months ago when it actually needed to be done?  Interesting.  

It just made no sense.  It's like if I was able to bypass reloading a sniper just by having two of them and switching back and forth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, showtime said:

It does to me.  Most people don't even know how to use double pump.  There were literally people in this thread saying that it couldn't be done with a controller, when it was EASY to do it with a controller.

Double pump took skill to use, that's why I never complained about wanting it to be out of the game.  99% of people that whine about double pump get killed by it and don't even know how to do it.

It takes zero skill. You shoot, hit the switch button weapon and listen for the click and shoot again. What about that takes skill?

Edited by MookieMonstah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

It takes zero skill. You shoot, hit the switch button weapon and listen for the click and shoot again. What about that takes skill?

Zero skill?  You were one of the people who were saying that it couldn't be done on console like it could on PC.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

It just made no sense.  It's like if I was able to bypass reloading a sniper just by having two of them and switching back and forth. 

What I was saying is, double pump wasn't being used by most people last week.  Most people used silenced SMG's because they were the best weapon in the entire game.  And if people did use a shotgun, it was the shotgun/SMG combo.  At the time they completely removed double pump from the game, it wasn't even meta defining.  It's just an odd time to do it.

Plus, all people have done so far is replace double pump with:  pump/SMG or pump/drum gun.  It's the same exact concept, except different guns are being used.  So what did this really solve?

And shotgun/SMG was already being used by a lot of people before season 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, showtime said:

It does to me.  Most people don't even know how to use double pump.  There were literally people in this thread saying that it couldn't be done with a controller, when it was EASY to do it with a controller.

Double pump took skill to use, that's why I never complained about wanting it to be out of the game.  99% of people that whine about double pump get killed by it and don't even know how to do it.

Had you just not played it yourself by yet? It's very noticeably impossible now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×