Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

The new SMG is far worse than the tac up close imo. It feels like it runs out of ammo way too quickly, and doesn't seem to laser people as well. Might be a matter of using a grey one so much compared to it being pretty easy to find blue tacs but idk.

Last week I was liking a tacsmg/tacshotty/AR combo but this week it feels much weaker with the new smg.

On 7/16/2018 at 12:16 PM, showtime said:

Here's a video of a console player showing how to do some edits.  This guy is a really good player, probably the best console player I've ever seen.  There are probably players who win more, but this guy actually has the playstyle of a pro PC player.

Thanks, that was a pretty good video, only thing he really didn't explain was how to split stairs in two rather than just one. The pyramid trick is pretty good though,  I didn't know you can use them to destroy traps either, but I did see someone use it on me while downed once so I couldn't see anything to help my teammates out with info. Not much faster than just killing someone but sometimes It takes like 3 shotgun shots from 5 feet away to kill downed people.

18 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

The new SMG is far worse than the tac up close imo. It feels like it runs out of ammo way too quickly, and doesn't seem to laser people as well. Might be a matter of using a grey one so much compared to it being pretty easy to find blue tacs but idk.

Last week I was liking a tacsmg/tacshotty/AR combo but this week it feels much weaker with the new smg.

Don't miss and it is better imo. Miss at all and you will run out of bullets.

18 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Disagree completely. The new SMG is extremely powerful, even the grey one. If I find one of any rarity I carry it, and it acts as my weapon of choice for any short to mid range engagement. It melts instantly. It does runs through ammo, so you have to be accurate.

The new SMG has better accuracy when moving, so that helps a lot if you get into a spray battle. And it feels a lot better than the old one if someone's not right in your face. So for me it feels just about as good right up close, and better at any other range.

14 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

I thought it was just me with this problem  Happy to know I'm not the only one 

Yeah lot's of people have been having the problem. It's not just ping problem's either but fps lag on xbox which really sucks, sometimes your character just gets locked up and can't move for a second or two.

1 hour ago, Supersuavesky said:

The New SMG is already broken.

It was broken before it even came out, 264 DPS with 50 bullets before reload and laser like accuracy even at range. The newest SMG before p90 (Which doesn't even have a good name ffs) was already too strong, along with the drum gun and the silenced smg being so strong as well, the p90 shouldn't exist.

Epic is such a terrible company tbh, they remind me of Niantic not being able to handle the success of their games. There is nothing really inherently special about fortnite as a game other than building, which is fun and new, but they don't even know how to handle it because they are constantly trying to nerf it by nerfing mats/min, building health, and developing this new spray meta. They are popular because the game is free to play and they did a good job monetizing the game with cosmetics, which any game company should be able to do by now. The only special idea the devs had was to copy famous dances from pop culture, they don't even have to design this stuff, they just google "latest teen dance fad" and sort by "last week", or sit on reddit/twitter/instagram all day long. Most of the cosmetics aren't even that good either, and yet people will pay $20 for a skin just because buying cosmetics on fortnite is the best way to flex on your friends in middle school. I don't know if the whole "no-skin" insult was a ploy by epic, but probably not, the company has honestly just been carried by their most popular streamers and their community. And they are investing $100,000,000 into fortnite competitive scenes to make it into an esport and yet the stuff they come up with is just the most terrible trash ever. The person who won over $100,000 last friday didn't even stream lmao. They have no idea how to balance the game, even if you subscribe to the idea that they are just trying to balance it for the worst players possible they are doing a bad job. On top of just poor design decisions they have so many bugs and other crappy flaws that take forever to get fixed, or simple ideas that have been in games for years that take forever to get implemented, like playground mode.

Wikipedia says they have 700 employee's, but they are making over $300,000,000 a month, they need to literally double their employee count and get all of the bugs and basic stuff handled before people quit playing the game. The major shareholders of Epic (Tencent) need to fire Epic's top execs and get somebody competent in there, perhaps some of the guys from Riot. Not every game company could make a GTA or a WoW or a Halo, but anybody could make Fortnite.

They might have balancing issues, but Fortnite is the most successful game in history, period. Saying the company is trash and the executives need to be fired is ludicrous. 

It runs very smooth on all platforms, it has PC/console/mobile crossplay for the first time ever, they update the game more often and have better community engagement than any other studio, and obviously record profits. 

If you think Fortnite is plagued with bugs, I want to hear what you think of something like PUBG, Battlefield or any Bethesda game. 

If anyone could make Fortnite, they would. Lots of very similar games out there, but none are even worth mentioning in the same breath as Fortnite right now.

It'll be interesting to see what EA and Activision bring to the table with their BR modes in Battlefield 5 and Black Ops 4, but I honestly expect them to be awful due to both of their horrific DLC/loot systems. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

On top of just poor design decisions they have so many bugs and other crappy flaws that take forever to get fixed, or simple ideas that have been in games for years that take forever to get implemented, like playground mode.

I just can't agree with this.  How many gamebreaking bugs have there been that they haven't addressed pretty much immediately?  Anything outside of that gets fixed within one of the weekly releases for the most part.  

And what BR game has anything like the playground mode?  This game has only been around for a year, really only ramped up in like the past 6-8 months and they have a stable working BR game (no one else can say that), an amazing replay system, "practice arena", LTMs, etc.  

I get the complaints about balancing, I feel like they've put too much into these pro events where camping and tunnel building is the meta, but this game is awesome.