Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

49 minutes ago, The Orca said:

I never build much anymore. On console it just takes too much time that you can just use better shooting accurately and anticipating the other persons' movement/build

I'm not sure c4 is even useful for bad players. It's kind of pointless until end game scenario or 1x1 when someone is dug in. At that point c4, RPG, grenade launcher all do the same. Just to a varied degree.

Playing Solo I never build until I get to the end.  Even then I just go on the offensive most of the time. 

Playing 50 vs 50 or squads it can be helpful but you just can't build as fast as some of these people.  It's unreal at times at how much someone can build in just a few seconds compared to what I can do.

11 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Playing Solo I never build until I get to the end.  Even then I just go on the offensive most of the time. 

Playing 50 vs 50 or squads it can be helpful but you just can't build as fast as some of these people.  It's unreal at times at how much someone can build in just a few seconds compared to what I can do.

Yep. It is a huge difference

On 7/25/2018 at 11:22 AM, showtime said:

Here's one example out of many many examples I can make.  C4 has been beyond broken.  It can take an entire building down in just one C4, maybe 2 at most.  That is literally done to cater to people who play this game and cannot build.  Because in a 1v1, the superior builder has such an advantage and since the average person in this game can't do anything except build a 1x1 and camp inside of it, C4 levels the playing field since the superior player also cannot build due to his buildings getting destroyed in one C4.

I mean, we can go on and on about how changes over the past 2-3 months have been catered more towards bad players to make them enjoy the game more.  And I get why this is happening, 80% of the people who play this game suck, so it's better to cater to that population than the players who are actually good at the game.

They just released a YouTube video where they said they have nerfed C4's, and have heard the negative feedback about C4 from the community (duh....).  They are considering even reducing the drop rate of the item. 

All of these things will put C4 more in-line with how it needs to be and will be a healthy change for the game.

Good work.

On 7/25/2018 at 11:22 AM, showtime said:

Here's one example out of many many examples I can make.  C4 has been beyond broken.  It can take an entire building down in just one C4, maybe 2 at most.  That is literally done to cater to people who play this game and cannot build.  Because in a 1v1, the superior builder has such an advantage and since the average person in this game can't do anything except build a 1x1 and camp inside of it, C4 levels the playing field since the superior player also cannot build due to his buildings getting destroyed in one C4.

I don't understand how that is in any way "broken". Having a piece of equipment in the game that can help worse players compete with great players is a perfectly reasonable thing to have in a game like this.

If it was "broken" it would be overpowered for everyone, and abused by great players. When the entire competitive meta changes to a specific weapon/item, that is when you know it is broken and needs to be balanced. 

38 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I don't understand how that is in any way "broken". Having a piece of equipment in the game that can help worse players compete with great players is a perfectly reasonable thing to have in a game like this.

If it was "broken" it would be overpowered for everyone, and abused by great players. When the entire competitive meta changes to a specific weapon/item, that is when you know it is broken and needs to be balanced. 

It's broken because C4 was way too strong.  It could level an entire building (I'm not talking about buildings that players create, I mean a building that is in the game.  One C4 can completely blow all the walls of a house off.  It was WAY too strong compared to one grenade, one clinger, one grenade launcher shell and one rocket from a RPG.  Basically, it's too strong because it's not in line with the other forms for explosive damage in the game.

In fact, they just released a video today saying that they nerfed C4 in a few ways.  You can no longer blow it up in the air and the blast radius has been reduced.  Also, the devs said they are considering lowering the drop rate of C4.  

You guys are saying that C4 isn't a problem, but the community says it is a problem and the devs have also admitted it is a problem.  I'm not really sure what else to say here.

Lol this tournament today was so poorly put together, games were fun to watch but the incompetence is infuriating. The casters didn't know the rules fully and didn't find out how tiebreakers worked until midway through game 10. Then they had to constantly mention to the camera guys to keep the right players on screen because the final game had 7 duos who could win and they would show people with 0 points for no reason. They never knew how the standings were going during matches because they wouldn't show the standings and the casters were begging for them to do so, and they never knew who was alive either.

On top of that, they were extremely unclear with the way someone would actually win. Read the rules on their site. "The first Duos team to reach 13 points is the winner." They call it a race to 13 all day long and by the end a team goes from 12 to 14 in the middle of a game and thinks they won it and then they go around and throw the game spinning in circles and building randomly before another team wins and takes it with 16 points. These guys 100% thought they had won the game and were not aware of the rules, and neither were the casters until the very end. The situation ended up with a team having 10 points and getting 5 kills (2 points) and winning (4 points) to get a total of 16 points and both of the casters, grown men in their 30s, were sitting around joking about how they don't know math to cover for the fact that they weren't sure how the rules would be determined, and then when the team with 16 points was awarded the 1st place overall they acted all excited like they couldn't really for sure count to 16.

This is so shameful and a disgrace tbh. I don't know how the people running fortnite's esports division are so incompetent. I can not believe these are actually adult human beings who are so stupid and doing such a bad job. Any single member of this forum could do a better job than them, in fact, most people over the age of 14 could. All of their problems could be fixed with less than $15,000 a tournament worth of interns watching streams and updating a spreadsheet linked to a graphic, if they aren't ready to have the game do it for them.

After that, their only problems are how stupid they are. Why are your casters sitting there saying in the middle of the game that they don't know how the rules work? Why are players clearly unaware of the rules due to your vague wording? How do you make it out of bed in the morning without falling and hitting your head like the toddler you must be to make these idiotic mistakes?

Yall can defend Epic all you want, but you can't defend stupid. Big companies make bad calls all the time that seemed like good decisions when they made them. Thing go bad, people get unlucky. These mistakes Epic are making were always going to go bad, and that's unacceptable for grown adults to do imo.

I think pursuing eSports and trying to make Fortnite a competitive game is the absolute worst thing they can do.

Battle Royale games in general are a terrible framework for an eSport, and Fortnite is an extremely casual game at it's core. I understand they just want a piece of the eSport money, but it is just a terrible idea for this game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

I think pursuing eSports and trying to make Fortnite a competitive game is the absolute worst thing they can do.

Battle Royale games in general are a terrible framework for an eSport, and Fortnite is an extremely casual game at it's core. I understand they just want a piece of the eSport money, but it is just a terrible idea for this game.

Yeah, its not a good move.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, showtime said:

It's broken because C4 was way too strong.  It could level an entire building (I'm not talking about buildings that players create, I mean a building that is in the game.  One C4 can completely blow all the walls of a house off.  It was WAY too strong compared to one grenade, one clinger, one grenade launcher shell and one rocket from a RPG.  Basically, it's too strong because it's not in line with the other forms for explosive damage in the game.

In fact, they just released a video today saying that they nerfed C4 in a few ways.  You can no longer blow it up in the air and the blast radius has been reduced.  Also, the devs said they are considering lowering the drop rate of C4.  

You guys are saying that C4 isn't a problem, but the community says it is a problem and the devs have also admitted it is a problem.  I'm not really sure what else to say here.

To use C4 effectively you have to rush people though, and thats not a "bad player" meta. I still don't think C4 helped bad players like you're implying. To be honest, if a "bad player" is on the ground and you just build super high for no reason you're trash and deserve to die from fall damage.

Building high doesn't make you good at this game.

BR games have way too much RNG to be esport games, as of right now.  Somebody clever has to figure out how to do this the right way and I think they're trying to learn with all these different tournaments and the money they have invested into it.

I want this game to get into an esports realm.  Watching pros pub stomp lobbies is boring, I want to see those guys playing against each other.  It's just that nobody has really figured out how to perfect it into this game while still being exciting and viewable.

I think this game would do pretty well in an esports realm.

As showtime mentioned, there is an element of RNG (if you find the right loot, etc), but that's part of the game. Part of what keeps it new each and every time you ready up. And the game is definitely most entertaining (from a spectators perspective) when the best are playing the best. When you can pick up something you just watched and try and mimic it in your own game later. I think the game is pretty well-suited for esports. I just really hope (if it does go that route like it's heading) they stick with duos or solos. 

13 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

On top of that, they were extremely unclear with the way someone would actually win. Read the rules on their site. "The first Duos team to reach 13 points is the winner." They call it a race to 13 all day long and by the end a team goes from 12 to 14 in the middle of a game and thinks they won it and then they go around and throw the game spinning in circles and building randomly before another team wins and takes it with 16 points. These guys 100% thought they had won the game and were not aware of the rules, and neither were the casters until the very end. The situation ended up with a team having 10 points and getting 5 kills (2 points) and winning (4 points) to get a total of 16 points and both of the casters, grown men in their 30s, were sitting around joking about how they don't know math to cover for the fact that they weren't sure how the rules would be determined, and then when the team with 16 points was awarded the 1st place overall they acted all excited like they couldn't really for sure count to 16.

The castors are in their mid-20's, definitely not 30's. And I'm not sure how that matters at all? It's irrelevant.

And I think the way they decided the outcome was fair enough. Yes, a team did reach 13 mid-game, but what would you rather them do? Stop the game right then and there and declare them the winner? That would have been an even worse decision. Having points scored at the end of the game is probably the right call - it makes it so each game and every kill actually matters. From my perspective - I thought this rule-set was by far the most entertaining to watch so far.

And I don't feel too bad for the team who got passed at the last kill. They still won 48k as a duo.