Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

Ever since they buffed the combat and tac shotguns, the game has been in a really good spot.  I don't like the new assault rifle very much, I find it harder to aim with than the normal rifles for some reason.  Maybe I'm just not used to it yet.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So my boys came back to this after around after about a year off and they are actually enjoying the hell out of it right now.  Getting all the little changes over the past year at once has made it feel a lot fresher, and they even got the battle pass again.  Also, I played for the first time in a looooooong time and my first two matches I was top 10 with multiple kills in each round, so i'm guessing a lot of the die hard gamers have moved on and it's more fun for the casuals like me who can pick it up and compete.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

So my boys came back to this after around after about a year off and they are actually enjoying the hell out of it right now.  Getting all the little changes over the past year at once has made it feel a lot fresher, and they even got the battle pass again.  Also, I played for the first time in a looooooong time and my first two matches I was top 10 with multiple kills in each round, so i'm guessing a lot of the die hard gamers have moved on and it's more fun for the casuals like me who can pick it up and compete.

The game is based on skill now.  Lower ranked or new players will be put in lobbies with other low level players and there will be bots in your games until you reach a certain point.

16 minutes ago, showtime said:

The game is based on skill now.  Lower ranked or new players will be put in lobbies with other low level players and there will be bots in your games until you reach a certain point.

That's smart business.  You aren't going to get any new players if they come in and immediately get blasted by the dudes who have been playing it 8 hours a day the last 3 years.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I may have to play again. I spent like $10 for the battle pass in season 7. I ended up getting enough coins to buy another season and haven't used it yet.

There's a Deadpool skin this season.  I think it's a reward for completing the Deadpool challenges, so you don't even have to buy it.

12 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Just tried to start this. You have to buy the battle pass. 

Sorry.  That's what I meant.  It's a reward within the Battle Pass.  When I said you don't have to buy it, I meant you don't have to buy the skin the store separately like you did with the Star Lord and Black Widow skins last year.

I should have worded that a lot better.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

Sorry.  That's what I meant.  It's a reward within the Battle Pass.  When I said you don't have to buy it, I meant you don't have to buy the skin the store separately like you did with the Star Lord and Black Widow skins last year.

I should have worded that a lot better.

I'll probably get it. I have around 1800 vbucks from when I actually bought the pass last time. At this point it's house bucks.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 10:16 AM, showtime said:

That actually makes me want to try playing again. I was always terrible.

That said, running and hiding and surviving to the top 10 was super easy but wasn't exactly engaging gameplay. Is rank based on where you finish or how many kills you get? 

21 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

That actually makes me want to try playing again. I was always terrible.

That said, running and hiding and surviving to the top 10 was super easy but wasn't exactly engaging gameplay. Is rank based on where you finish or how many kills you get? 

I too was always not very good and my first game back I had multiple kills and made the top 10, so it looks like they are pairing crappy players like you and me together, which will be quite a bit more fun.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 11:16 AM, showtime said:

had been wondering why i merk everyone on singles but suck when i play with more skilled homies