Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Not sure why, but I've kind of got back into this after not playing all spring/summer/fall. I was able to hit 130 in the Marvel season 4 before it ended.

Up to 15ish now in season 5. Anyone still playing?

I don't have the time, but my boys got back into it last season after about 3-4 seasons off because of Marvel and were planning on skipping this season but the hype (and that they are still enjoying it) convinced them to get this season too.  That and the season is 4 months, so they feel confident about hitting tier 100 even if they start to ease back on it.  They are pretty hyped about the tier 100 Mandalorian beskar armor skin, so I think they will get there.

19 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't have the time, but my boys got back into it last season after about 3-4 seasons off because of Marvel and were planning on skipping this season but the hype (and that they are still enjoying it) convinced them to get this season too.  That and the season is 4 months, so they feel confident about hitting tier 100 even if they start to ease back on it.  They are pretty hyped about the tier 100 Mandalorian beskar armor skin, so I think they will get there.

The skins this past seasons and currently are on point. Apparently they’re doing a video games legends theme. They released a Kratos skin earlier today, from God of War. I’ve read Master Chief is next. 

On 12/4/2020 at 6:38 AM, THE DUKE said:

Props to them for tapping into pop culture and nostalgia as well as they have.  It's made them a ton of money.

For the first time ever I’m considering buying more VBucks.

Michonne and Daryl from Walking Dead are up next. Predator is reportedly coming this season as well. 

• 2 months later...

I haven't really played any games in around 15 years. My kids though are obsessed with gaming, and Fortnite in particular, so I decided to play so that I can play with them.

I love it. It reminds me of the original Doom and of GoldenEye. 

I don't spend money on it though. For me that is. The kids get the battlepass and some money for skins every now on then.

I did get myself the NFL skins, so I could have the Browns uniforms, as well as the soccer skins, so I could have the West Ham kit.

I'm at level 100 but can't build for ****.

• 1 year later...
16 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Going to bump this. I started playing again. I have to say it's MUCH better with the no build game mode.

I didn't realize they kept this in. I played it months ago when this came out as a limited time mode and yeah it was much better for me. I used to play back in Season 2, so what 3-4 years ago or something