Which Bears Should Be Released

WindyCity

On 1/11/2018 at 1:14 PM, TankWilliams said:

Grasu isn't getting cut.  He fits a ZBS fairly well and you can bet the fact that he's an oregon alum is going to make Helfrich pound the table for him to stay on the roster, even as a backup.  Hell, if we cut Sitton it wouldn't surprise me to see Whitehair move to guard in camp to see if Grasu has what it takes anymore, although I think most of us fans know he's a backup at best.

Unfortunately, the ZBS scheme Grasu fits is the ZERO blocking scheme. Loved him at Oregon, but I have never seen an NFL center get pushed back into the QB's face as many times as I've seen Grasu get owned by every Dlineman he's faced. Maybe he's really just a skinny 120 pound weakling that reached his max in college and just can't add another ounce of strength. Grasu is one of Pace's worst moves as you can usually expect a third round pick Olineman to start for your team in short order. He's like a 5'6" NBA center. It doesn't matter how good his pump fake is or how good his up and under move is, he's 5'6". For whatever reason, Grasu never came close to even a marginal NFL level of strength.

Archived