Yo Momma's 1st Mock of the Season 1 Round

Yo Momma

Pick Team          

1         Sam Darnold QB USC - I think its between he and Rosen for this pick, I think Dorsey will like the character of Darnold more as a leader.

2         Josh Rosen QB UCLA - Gettman will stick with Eli for 1 more year but for the first time in like 14 years they have a pick this high so they need to take the heir apparent.  Rosen will have the ideal situation where he can learn behind a HOF QB and take over a solid team in 2019.

3         Bradley Chubb DE NC State - Chubb reminds me alot of Joey Bosa and i think is the best all around player in this draft.  While he wont be the fastest DE he is plenty fast enough and really is great at all aspects.  This is a deep OT draft so they can land one in the 2nd to improve a shaky OL.

Saquan Barkley RB Penn St. - Barkley is a game changing threat who along with Darnold gives the Browns a solid future.  The offense can flow through Barkley early on while Darnold goes through his growing pains.  The Browns would be wise to bring in some Veterans especially on D similar to Jax. to help show these youngsters how its done and maybe a quick turnaround could happen.

Quenton Nelson OG Notre Dame - I really think Kirk Cousins is headed to Denver so they can pass on QB but def need more OL help as that units play was awful this year.  Nelson is the best OG to come out since Zack Martin and would form a nice duo with Bolles.

Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma - The Jets need a QB they obviously dont think Hackenberg is any good or else we would have seen him down the stretch when they were out of contetion.  Mayfield is a big game QB who can handle the media and spotlight of NYC. 

7         Minkah Fitzpatrick CB/S Bama - I project him at S in the NFL or a hybrid player which is a need of Tampa.  DE is their biggest need but I feel they can get a quality player in round at that position such as Davenport, so why not take the BPA and arguably one of the top 3 players in this draft to shore up a secondary that gave up a lot of points. 

Calvin Ridley WR Alabama - This is a tough WR class and Ridley is the only one i would take in the 1st, he has the speed and route running to really help a young QB and will be a good compliment with their young TE and Meridith coming off injury.  IF Kevin White actually does something even better but Ridley reminds me a little of Antonio Brown and i think is better than perceived due to Bama never throwing and having Hurts at QB. THis could be a good spot for a trade down with a team who covets Josh Allen also.

9         Roquan Smith LB Georgia - This guy is a stud ik you got the Bama LB last year but Smith can play any LB position and would form a solid due of young fast LBs who can cover which is a huge commodity these days.  Also another pick that could drop back for a team looking to come up for a QB. I have Chubb, Smith, Nelson and Fitzpatrick as the best rated players in this draft.

Mike McGlinchy OT Notre Dame - Oakland probably wanted Smith but the Notre Dame OT prospect is a nice consolation he has experience at both RT and LT so if you dont move on from Donald Penn he can start out at RT and eventually replace him. 

Connor Williams OT Texas - Another OT off the board is something i expect to see alot of on draft night as the strength of this draft.  Tunsil looks best as a LG so LT needs to be ugraded and Williams has the pedigree to come in and start right away.

12         Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma - Brown might be better at RT than LT but is a very solid prospect whose only knock is against speed rushers he can sometimes get beat hence why i feel hes best on the right side.  Cincy needs to upgrade the entire OL after letting their best OT and OG leave last free agency.

13         Josh Allen QB Wyoming - With Cousins gone they need to get a QB and Allen has the arm strength and size that Gruden will love and feel like he can mold into a future star. 

14         Derwin James S/LB Florida St. - James is too good to pass up for the Packers as a solid Option to play as a hybrid S/LB similar to Buchannon or as a Micah Hyde did last year as a nickel CB/S.

Christian Wilkins DE/DT Clemson - Wilkins can replace what Campbell was for them as a 3-4 DE who can also move inside on passing downs.  He is a monster with really good speed for someone of that size. 

16         Harold Landry OLB/DE Boston College - Hes a great fit to replace Suggs when he retires and if you look back to last year was the most dominant DE in college. 

17         Da'Ron Payne DT Alabama - Payne i the type of road grading DT that they need to eat up blockers and let their LBs fly to the ball and stop the run. 

Arden Key DE LSU - Seattle doesnt worry about character as much as other teams and this guy does have some issues but is a physical freak who will run a 4.5 at 265lbs which is something this D will find use with especially if Bennett is gone.

Cortland Sutton WR SMU - The Boys should have been able to easily scout this prospect and see a very similar WR to Dez who i definitely see being cut.  Dez just cant get any seperation and doesnt look like a WR you pay 15 million to.  Sutton has decent speed and an amazing array of route running and catch radius that will fit perfectly.  He is very refined and will be a much better lockerroom presence than Dez ever was.

Derius Guice RB LSU - I know first round is early for a RB but Guice is definitely the type of back that merits this high of a pick, he will run a 4.5 at 2.30 lbs and doesnt get credit for how good of a pass catcher he is.  I do like Theo but its time to get a real complete RB and this guy is and will get you those goal line TD instead of Stafford throwing red zone picks.

Vita Vea DT Washington - Vea reminds me alot of Star Lotuelei whom McDermott had in Carolina and is what they need to stop the run and let Kyle Williams/Adolphus Washington to be the penetrating DT's thats their strength.  I see the Bills trading for Alex Smith and then drafting Mason Rudolph in the 2nd so no QB here.

22         Sam Hubbard DE Ohio St. - Some might have him ranked lower but when i say hes a Patriots type player then that means a steal who my Bills should take.  He will help alleviate our non existent pass rush and also is very solid against the run.  I could see Jerry Hughes gone with his 11 million salary not worth it for 4 sacks.  This is a high character new regime type of pick. 

Joshua Jackson CB Iowa - They need CB help especiually if Johnson leaves via FA. 

24         Billy Price OG/OC Ohio St. - They are about to lose Norwell in FA so they need a replacement and this guy can be a backup OC as well. 

25         Clellin Ferrell DE Clemson - Another quality pass rusher who is also stout against the run. 

26         Lamar Jackson QB Lousville - IK IK ppl are going to hate but honestly he might be a great fit with this run game and D.  He will be able to manage the game and help get yarrds rushing and move the chains, run the clock while his D wins games.  IDK where his value is some say top 10 some say 3rd round idk this will obviously change as the draft process gets further along.

Denzel Ward CB Ohio St. - This team is really set and can take a BPA approach which would def be Ward and CB is a position i would always stack especially from Ohio St. which is CB U. 

28         Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma - The Fleener experiment is over this guy will be stud right away and help out as a red zone threat making this offense even more dynamic.

29         Rashaan Evans LB Alabama - This is a value pick as Evans is a solid LB who can cover ground and lay the thump and be a replacement for Shazier.

30         Bryce Love RB Stanford - This guy will be a do it all RB for this team and a reminds me of Westbrook from the past. 

31         Chukwuma Okorafor OT Western Michigan - They need to start thinking about a replacement for Nate Solder who i believe is a FA, this guy has all the physical traits and can be another late 1st round pick who is a ten year starter. 

32         Maurice Hurst DT Michigan - the steal of the draft here, Mo will be a great pass rush threat and is suprisingly good against the run for only being 285 lbs. 

Not a good falcons pick at all as we are far from being set as you say.  We have alot of needs coming up and alot of FA leaving with not as much cap room to resign most of them as we like.  CB is not on our main list of needs next year although a depth one in the 5th to 7th round with upside or a solid vet FA as a 4th or 5th CB wouldn't be a horrible get.  

Our main list of needs would be 
DT, OG, TE, WR, LB, and FB   

The 3 best choices for the Falcons there would be  Evans, Hurst, or Andrews.   We are a needs based drafting team and BPA at needs.   Of the 3 i would personally go Hurst as i think he is the better player of the 3 and probably the biggest needs of the 3 positions.   Poe, Clayborne, Upshaw, Hageman(already gone), Rubin, and probably Shelby will all be gone after this FA leaving us with just Grady Jarrett as our loan DT on the roster.  Even if we resign Poe and Clayborne we have to get a legit early round DT to bring in as well and hurst is about as good as you will get that late in the 1st round.

While the Lions need help at RB, I would prefer not to take one in the first. Unless we have a stellar FA, we have too many holes. So far it looks like Vrabel is more than likely our future HC. If so, there are a few pieces we'll need to shift into a 3-4. Ansah is likely going to be franchise tagged, so a young DE to play opposite of him and possibly replace him should be key. Vea is also a decent option if we're looking for a young NT. I also wouldn't be opposed to grabbing Denzel Ward as a luxury pick to play opposite of Slay.

Denzel Ward CB Ohio St. - This team is really set and can take a BPA approach which would def be Ward and CB is a position i would always stack especially from Ohio St. which is CB U. 

But when you look at contracts, the Falcons aren't set. They need NT and DE/DT.

Archived