Yo Momma's 1st Mock of the Season 1 Round

Yo Momma

18 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Not a good falcons pick at all as we are far from being set as you say.  We have alot of needs coming up and alot of FA leaving with not as much cap room to resign most of them as we like.  CB is not on our main list of needs next year although a depth one in the 5th to 7th round with upside or a solid vet FA as a 4th or 5th CB wouldn't be a horrible get.  

Our main list of needs would be 
DT, OG, TE, WR, LB, and FB   

The 3 best choices for the Falcons there would be  Evans, Hurst, or Andrews.   We are a needs based drafting team and BPA at needs.   Of the 3 i would personally go Hurst as i think he is the better player of the 3 and probably the biggest needs of the 3 positions.   Poe, Clayborne, Upshaw, Hageman(already gone), Rubin, and probably Shelby will all be gone after this FA leaving us with just Grady Jarrett as our loan DT on the roster.  Even if we resign Poe and Clayborne we have to get a legit early round DT to bring in as well and hurst is about as good as you will get that late in the 1st round.

I hear ya this was a tough one i forgot that Clayborn is gone and Poe is a FA so yes DE/DT will be how i go in my next mock maybe a Clellin Ferrell or that Stanford DT

17 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I know we need a QB probably, but I also know I just won't be happy getting Allen at 13. I'd hope to trade down to do it. Or wait for a 2nd round guy or something. I just can't get sold on him.

I hear ya i see alot of Allen going to my Bills in mocks and dont love it, just feel like you will def take a QB unless you re-sign Cousins, even if you trade for a Smith or sign a Bradford i still think you need to draft one, if not a QB what is your 2nd biggest need? 

15 hours ago, G08 said:

Bears will not be taking a WR in the first round unless perhaps it's in a trade down. Give McGlinchey there.

ok i agree WR isnt probably worth of where u are picking, i do see you as an ideal trade down target for a QB needy team maybe Bills, Wash or AZ especially with all the picks you have away last year

10 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

lol wait is this a thing people think is an issue? Stafford has been one of the most efficient passers in the red zone over the past few years...

no  your probably right i just remember watching alot of games where you would get it down to the goal line and then couldnt ever punch it in so someone like Guice to me is a good fit who will make you more efficient in the red zone

Just now, Yo Momma said:

ok i agree WR isnt probably worth of where u are picking, i do see you as an ideal trade down target for a QB needy team maybe Bills, Wash or AZ especially with all the picks you have away last year

I could see us trading down, for sure. Bills make a ton of sense. WR is a need, don't get me wrong, but not at #8.

Our needs:

OLB

OT

CB

WR

ILB depth

34 minutes ago, Yo Momma said:

I hear ya this was a tough one i forgot that Clayborn is gone and Poe is a FA so yes DE/DT will be how i go in my next mock maybe a Clellin Ferrell or that Stanford DT

Da'Ron Payne, Vita Vea, Trenton Thompson or Maurice Hurst all make sense at DT

DE/DT is someone like Taven Bryan.

1 hour ago, Yo Momma said:

I hear ya i see alot of Allen going to my Bills in mocks and dont love it, just feel like you will def take a QB unless you re-sign Cousins, even if you trade for a Smith or sign a Bradford i still think you need to draft one, if not a QB what is your 2nd biggest need? 

Another guard, maybe a WR depending on who's available, ILB, FS, RB, NT could all be 1st round upgrades. 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

My mom didn't make this mock. Lies

Also, I highly doubt Eagles go RB in Round 1 after trading for Ayaji. OT (Jason Peters may retire and Vitai isn't a reliable starter) and LB (Bradham might walk in FA and Hicks is an injury waiting to happen) would be the most likely positions. 

Orlando Brown is a good Bengals pick.  Big need at LT and RT so even if he isn't a blind side protector, he could be a dominant run blocker in the mold of Willie Anderson.  He and Westerman next to each other would be a good run blocking duo.

I think you're underselling Billy Price at C, he was very good there this year for Ohio State.  He can be a starting C in the NFL day one, and I wouldn't be upset if the Bengals picked him at 12.

14 hours ago, Yo Momma said:

Even though i like Ferrel alot as a player we just drafted Beasley and Takk as our starting DE's so were set on the smaller guys for our starters.  We need bigger guys and DT's.  Harrison Phillips at DT from stanford wouldn't be a bad choice in the 2nd round at our pick along with Thompson from UGA.   But as said those are 2ne round guys if we stay in round 1 with a DT then look at  any of these guys at DE/DT   Christian Wilkins, Daron Payne, Vita Vea, Maurice Hurst, or one you don't have listed although he would be my choice after Hurst  would be Taven Bryan from Florida.   If you just wanted to throw him in there at our pick so you don't have to take away anyone else guys that wouldn't be a bad option.

Archived