2018 NFL London games announced

SteelKing728

The three-game London slate offers international fans a bevy of enticing matchups.

Raiders coach Jon Gruden will meet the London media just over a month into his ballyhooed return to the sideline. Oakland will try to slow Russell Wilson's magic as the Super Bowl-winning quarterback breaks in a new offensive coordinator.

The Eagles and Jags will each be coming off postseason runs, and will again boast two of the best defenses in the NFL. All indications are MVP candidate Carson Wentz will be back on the sideline for the Eagles' trip to London.

The Titans and Chargers matchup pits a surging young quarterback (Marcus Mariota) versus an aging star trying to make one final postseason run before the sun sets (Philip Rivers). Joey Bosa and Melvin Gordon trying to chase Mariota will be one of the better clashes of 2018.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000905327/article/nfl-announces-three-enticing-london-2018-matchups

Raiders-Seahawks

Eagles-Jags

Titans-Chargers

Not bad, even though only 3 games this year instead of 4.

The London games should be a separate broadcast package, like sell them to ABC to air Sunday mornings. Since two of them involve west coast teams this coming season, affiliates in the Mountain and Pacific time zones and non-contigious parts of the western US (including territories) should have the option of re-airing the games in more convenient time slots if this were to be the case (along with my proposal of equally splitting the NFL Network package of 18 games among ABC, CBS, and NBC as a means of leveling the playing field as to who gets a nationally-televised game on a broadcast network).

And since all games are in October, having the games on ABC Sunday mornings could be a good way to have the network start the fall season off strong (its Sunday night lineup, which the games could advertise, is one of its stronger nights).

I was one of the europeans who went to London to see the Ravens get punished/exploited/taken out behind the shed wearing a fancy little dress and getting completely ass****ed.

Even though it was sad to see my team put on a nonexistent performance, it was great to experience the atmosphere and setting of an NFL game.

Also learned to hate that Jaguars rawr, they use when the Jaguars get a big play. It sounds cheesy and awful.

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Do the Eagles have one of the best defenses? Not even trying to be mean, I didnt think they did. I know Cox is a beast but not much else. 

Fourth in both yards per game and points per game allowed, so yes, it was one of the best defenses this year. Only Minnesota's and Jacksonville's can be argued to be better, imo (there are a few more you could argue for being at around the same level).

19 hours ago, I <3 Faulk said:

No Rams in London? Pleasantly surprised.

Your team will likely be playing there soon enough.

Its awesome being the away team in London. Neutral field even though it felt like there were more Vikings fans there than Browns fans. The "Skol" chant got going in the 4th quarter!

30 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Your team will likely be playing there soon enough.

Its awesome being the away team in London. Neutral field even though it felt like there were more Vikings fans there than Browns fans. The "Skol" chant got going in the 4th quarter!

I love seeing all the foreign Viking fans. Prefer it to be an 'away' game than a 'home' game but still wouldn't mind.

Archived