Bell thread in the news section

3rivers

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I'm going to ask a really crazy question here let's say for a second we lose Bell, does anyone think there's any chance in hell that we trade up to get saquon Barkley

That is crazy talk.  No chance in hell we get Barkley.  But I don't think we need him.  Bell will be on the team next year, most likely.  He'll either be tagged or have a new contract.  I highly doubt he would sit out for a year or retire. 

where will Barkley go in the draft?  If we pick at earliest now is 24, to move up it will cost us.  In the process of losing bell, what do we get for compensatory picks. We might want to trade with some soon to be bad teams to get more value from the picks-_- 

Barkley  runs similar to bell, and would be part of the killer B's I guess

18 hours ago, jebrick said:

Barkey goes to the Browns on their 2nd pick.  I think that is 5

I really really really hope that doesnt happen, because the results are twofold for me....1) the Browns get a great young RB and 2) I cant cheer for him anymore..   Hoping to hell the Colts draft him to give Luck a running game when he comes back.

The Colts could draft anyone.  I think it will be either Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State or Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame.  I personally think they have the worst talent in all of the NFL.  They have nothing on so many levels.  Oline and Dline suck.  No Lbs.  No RBs behind Gore. No CBs.  If the Colts were mart they would trade down  ASAP.

For a lot of teams, I will ask myself which of their players I would want for the Steelers.  Malik Hooker is the only one on the Colts I would take.

The only way Barkley slides is the amazing depth of the RB position in this draft.

50 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The Colts could draft anyone.  I think it will be either Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State or Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame.  I personally think they have the worst talent in all of the NFL.  They have nothing on so many levels.  Oline and Dline suck.  No Lbs.  No RBs behind Gore. No CBs.  If the Colts were mart they would trade down  ASAP.

For a lot of teams, I will ask myself which of their players I would want for the Steelers.  Malik Hooker is the only one on the Colts I would take.

The only way Barkley slides is the amazing depth of the RB position in this draft.

I can agree with pretty much everything.   Colts definitely need help everywhere.

I would also probably take Sheard over Dupree.

On 1/13/2018 at 9:42 AM, Neumatic said:

It’s the 4th pick and I agree, that’s my best guess where Barkley goes.

I actually have a feeling someone is going to trade up with either the Browns or in front of the Browns to get Barkley.  Fournette is why I think that.  I'm not saying Barkley is Fournette, I'm saying he is going to have an equal impact for the team that drafts him.

3 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

I can appreciate that he is focused on this season.  At the end of the day, as much as we all hate it, this is a business.  If we do lose him, the only thing that would make me hate him as a player is if he goes to a division rival or the New England Patriots.

39 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I actually have a feeling someone is going to trade up with either the Browns or in front of the Browns to get Barkley.  Fournette is why I think that.  I'm not saying Barkley is Fournette, I'm saying he is going to have an equal impact for the team that drafts him.

Barkey is better than Fournette.  A 3 down back.

Why trade up for a RB in a loaded class?

35 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Barkey is better than Fournette.  A 3 down back.

Why trade up for a RB in a loaded class?

if we got an extra RD1 pick as compensation for Bell leaving , then try to get Barley for example.  How do compensatory picks work with franchise tag? I would prefer a dominant OL with depth and another good RB and more depth at RB. We have seen what happens when the elite players get hurt, so depth and consistently winning in the trenches is what I am expecting if Bell signs to another team.

On 1/12/2018 at 7:34 PM, TXsteeler said:

Who is this "propaganda" hurting then, and why did Bell supply the line?

I am sorry, I am just seeing this.

The propaganda is designed to hurt/distract or cause drama on the team.

With propaganda or click-bait, a statement is asked and it is usually totally out of context of what they are talking about or came to interview him about. Then the quote is turned into a separate headline to look like in the middle of the play-offs rather than focusing on the game, the player is focused on their contract next year.

Players trust the media and they "bait them into talking."  Twenty-something athletes don't always think about those things.

Archived