Bell thread in the news section

3rivers

2 hours ago, oksteeler said:

Is anybody else just tired of the drama that is Bell? He is ultra-talented, but he has no excuse for showing up late for the walkthrough and (allegedly) last minute for pre-game for the biggest game of the year. Changes need to be made to this team IF we ever want to get past the Pats and win the big game before Ben retires. The starting runningback talking retirement and contracts and showing up late, all before the playoff game is totally unacceptable. If the Steelers accept that behavior, then they probably won't be accepting the Lombardi trophy any time soon. Cut bait. Draft a guy like Sony Michel and roll on.

Some of the drama is  media to blame, other parts is coach and media since he could clear and potential controversies etc before they occur.  I am tired of it , and won't pay attention to it and consider it about as reliable as Ian.C .

Bell is talented etc, but the problem with signing him is that we can't fix the D.  That is the main issue with signing him (and injuries to RB's are inevitable), because the drama is media based and a waste of time as we have learned since it is not as accurate  as reported etc. 

If we can sign Bell AND fix the D, whats wrong with that? This FO hasn't shown the ability to fix the D in the draft after a few years of players starting , so why expect any different now? I can't see them drafting rookies  that get to play and are good this year. 

RB's get a bad deal with this CBA though, as their careers never last and they don't get the new deal earlier as they should.  If Bell signs a 5 year deal,  does he even play at a decent level in the 5th year?

this is the perfect opportunity to non exclusive tag him since haley is with the browns and they have all these draft picks. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

this is the perfect opportunity to non exclusive tag him since haley is with the browns and they have all these draft picks. 

Why would the browns trade draft picks and crap ton of $$& for a guy who has probably 3 yrs left when they’re 2 years away at best?

I understand the connection but their best bet is going QB-Barkley at 1/4 and trading for Alex Smith to mentor the young QB they pick.

1 hour ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Why would the browns trade draft picks and crap ton of $$& for a guy who has probably 3 yrs left when they’re 2 years away at best?

I understand the connection but their best bet is going QB-Barkley at 1/4 and trading for Alex Smith to mentor the young QB they pick.

agree, but the browns don't always do what fans consider logical.  It's not what anyone would do, but consider what they have done in recent years.  I would like the browns to turn it around and be a good team,  but I would  prefer that we get a few RD1 picks from them in doing so especially if Bells contract is going to prevent the steelers from fixing the D. 

The defense definitely has a few holes that need plugged up this off season. We need at least one more quality contributor at each of the three levels.

Question: What was the longest run from scrimmage for Bell in 2017?

Answer: 27 yards! 

Why? schemes, nickel packages, luck of the draw, ok but how about this..... He just isn't that fast. His patient style has worked great for consistent short to medium runs, but where is the burst? We love everything he can do. He is probably the best receiving back in the league. He has consistently put up great numbers. If his contract demands keep us from fixing the defense, is it worth it for a back with diminishing burst? It's beautiful to wait for the hole to open up, but rarely does he show a violent acceleration when the hole opens up.

If the salary cap requires us to draft a new back to fix the defense, then who do you like?

Archived